1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

An anonymous writing on God, religion, alligators, and Captain Kangaroo.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tombeef, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tombeef

tombeef King

I can tell you that the following (essay?) will probably offend a lot of people. I also hope it isn't to innapropriate. But, in seeing as how much publicity God debates are getting on these forums, I have decided to post this (essay? article?). My frined emailed it to me a year ago, I have no clue who wrote it or where it came from. This (essay?) does not neccessarily reflect my opinions or beliefs, not did I edit it or write it in any way. I just found it thought provoking, and wanted to get some other opinions on it. So, without further ado, here it is. And yes, I will probably be slammed, flamed, and punished for this, even though it is not my work.

2. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

meh... not offencive in the least.

3. Leonel

Leonel Breakfast Connoisseur

Meh it's nothing I haven't seen around the forums before. :D

4. FredLC

FredLC A Lawyer as You Can See! Retired Moderator

Moderator Action: Debate about religion is always healthy and welcomed in CFC, and even debates in which there is comparison of religious icons to absurd caracthers is something perfectly acceptable when that is used as an argumentative tool from those who indeed consider these icons absurd and need to demonstrate that.

This text, however, open with premisses clearly offensive to people of faith, is judgmental and provocative from the start and offer no concessions to their overview, while at the same strikes mercilessly over values they hold dear.

In other words this text is trolling.

CFC has a tradition of religious debates, and even some have originated from questionable opening posts. However, I'll not take chances with this one - there are far better ways to open debates on this topic.

Thread closed.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.