An idea: change the color of cities' trade icons when connected by RR to the capital

Pep

King
Now, you have to enter a city to know if it's connected by railroad to the capital. I propose the following change: set the trade icon's color to another one (instead of the default yellow) so it can be seen on the map at a glance if a city is connected by railroad or only by road to the capital.

That's an interesting idea you've suggested, and I kind of like it.

Right now it's rather hard to visually differentiate between road and railroad hexes, so using a different color (or perhaps even a different symbol) would be of benefit.

Or, you could also add a small railroad icon next to the trade icon...

Okay, I figured out a way to do it. Which icons would you like?

The current icon is E4 :c5trade:.

Attachments

• Icons.PNG
    Icons.PNG
    50.1 KB · Views: 308
C6 or E8?
Are they used anywhere else?

I'm guessing you meant B6.

What I would really like is for all instances of E4 to be changed to B6 and vice versa, and then C6 be the Railroad connection. Failing that, C6 for the railroad, definitely.

Incidentally, do C8 through C9 ever show up in vanilla?

I don't think the later ones are in vanilla.

I used silver (C6) for the Pyramids to make it more distinct from regular trade routes. The only downside of the borderless varieties is they're harder to see on the map. The gold one might be good for roads, and gold+black for railroads... with the black border representing the added power. It's a shame we can't create new icons... but at least we have some flexibility here.

Yeah, your idea sounds best.

Icon creation is something that CiV modding could really, really use, merely from an Aesthetic point of view. Oh well.

Top Bottom