An Idea: Paying for war help

Aoleleb

Warlord
So I was sitting here thinking about starting a game as one of my favorite civs, the Hippus, when a thought struck me.

For all the talk about them being mercenaries and being willing to go to war for money, why does the AI never *offer* me anything to help in a war?

Whenever the AI contacts me going "Help us in this war!" the only responses I have are "Sure" and "Piss off". Why can't there be a "How much will you pay me?" option? Maybe open the bargaining window where you offer war in exchange for maybe a tech or two. I'd absolutely love this. It would make playing the Hippus seem so much more like authentically being mercenaries than people with a lot of horses and questionable morals. (and probably make it more appealing in general to go to war to help someone)

I wish there was also a check that wouldn't have the same civ ask me to declare war on another civ every five turns, causing me to rack up diplomatic penalties for not wanting to get involved in a pointless or suicidal war on another front from the war I'm currently fighting...

Xienwolf has mentioned that a lot of diplomacy stuff is harcoded in the exe, and thusly can never be changed unless firaxis does something about it.

Not sure exactly how much. Maybe he can tell us more

That said, there are python functions to set war/peace states, and most likely to check relations too. So it might be possible to implement something like this entirely outside of the diplomacy screen. Would probably take some dll work still though.

I'd really like this too, if it were possible. Some option to provide covert assistance would also be nice, for those times when you want to help out without making a new enemy.

The Diplomacy settings in the leaderhead infos skew pretty heavily towards "WAR, A LOT OF WAR, ALL THE TIME" and always too busy with other AIs to help the AIs I like when they ask me. :(

Sounds like it's Leaderhead Diplomacy Module time.

Top Bottom