An Illustrated History of the Noyyau

Author's suggestion: Play this in the background.

Tarsos saw its Gulf filled with Noyyau warships, while the city itself was subjected to the usual bombing barrage preceding an assault.
Spoiler :

Tanks from Arpad quickly advanced across the Hittite farmland, capturing large numbers of refugees escaping Tarsos.
Spoiler :

Minor skirmishes kept occurring across the occupied territories, with predictable outcomes.
Spoiler :

While massive demonstrations were organized in several Noyyau cities by the government, a brewing revolt in Kanesh was suppressed by the ever vigilant Noyyau Secret Service, with negligible damage to the city.
Spoiler :

Surrounded on land and sea, the destiny of Tarsos was set.
Spoiler :

The commando had been training a long time for covert operations deep behind enemy lines, a secret unit few, even in the military, knew about.
With the Hittite war approaching its conclusion quicker than expected, these highly trained soldiers thought they wouldn't see any action, until each one of them was personally contacted by Marco, to be recruited in his “Tyrant Toppling Taskforce”.
Their mission: to infiltrate the airport in Robertia and plant a remotely commanded explosive device in the Presidential Airship.
The commando would have to be ready on very short notice, as informants in the Secret Service had given reliable intel about Vetinari's intention to travel to the newly conquered territories at most a day after giving his “end of war” speech.
Spoiler :

Another secret project, meanwhile, had been completed, and its first functional product had been transported to Carthage, in a specially modified long range bomber. A triumph of science and secrecy, not even Vetinari's closest allies knew about its existence, or the plans the dictator had for it.
Spoiler :

Specific orders had been given to the military: to surround Memphis, but to maintain a certain distance, until further orders were given. Military scouts also noticed an unusually high number of Secret Service agents in the area, all equipped with state of the art cameras and other unusual scientific equipment.
Spoiler :

The last remnants of Hittite resistance were quickly dispatched by the newly insediated garrisons.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Still shocked and not really comprehending what they had just witnessed, Noyyau troops began moving towards what remained of Memphis, now that their commanders had opened the sealed orders received that morning. The few Hittite survivors were in no shape to fight, most of them barely able to lift their arms in surrender. Virtually all Noyyau casualties were reported as suffering from “nausea, vomiting, dizziness and loss of consciousness”, though Army medics could find no explanation for such symptoms.
Spoiler :

Author's suggestion:Play this in the background.

“Attention please, this is an official government broadcast. All transmissions are on hold for a message to the nation from Lord Vetinari.”

“Fellow Noyyau, on this glorious day I stand before you, to announce that we have finally fulfilled our manifest destiny.
Earlier today, the last remnants of the Hittite nation signed their unconditional surrender to our victorious forces. The Last Hittite War, indeed the Last War ever, is now over.
For the first time in all of history, the Noyyau have no enemies. The whole world is united under our banner.
Never again shall we fear foreing aggression. The path to peace and prosperity is now open in front of us, and from today onwards we shall take our first steps...”
Spoiler :

“He did it. He actually used it. I still can't believe it.”
“You heard him. Manifest destiny, and all that nonsense.”
“They were already surrendering! There was no need!”
“There was no need for the entire war anyway. The Hittites would have asked for economical and technological help in a few years. They would have become a protectorate on their own.”
“Well, at least this final horror makes it easier to do what needs to be done. Is everything set?”
“Yes, the device is ready, the crewmembers that are not fanatics have been informed and prepared. We should soon receive the signal that the Airship is on the way.”
“I hope the Gods will forgive us for what we are about to do.”
Spoiler :

While the Presidential Airship's flaming wreckage was still falling from the skies, Marco's rebels received the “Go” signal, and led their men and women to retake control of their cities, all throughout the nation.
Most of Vetinari's followers had the sense to surrender, but the few that tried to resist found out that even their own Party members were too horrified of what had been done in Memphis. The dictatorship was removed from power just as quickly as it had seized it.
In the following weeks, large reforms would shape the new Noyyau state, so that these grave mistakes would never be repeated.
Spoiler :

From the darkness of dictatorship and war, a new nation emerged, vowing to uphold principles of justice and peace, and finally put an end to the warfare that had plagued the world since before the beginning of history.
Spoiler :

THE END

:goodjob::goodjob::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

fantastic conclusion!

And so it's over, happy that it all turned out okay, but sad at the same time.

Thank you all for reading! :)

This took me way more time than I had thought possible when I started.

Now I know this is a bad idea (for me that is), but I am wondering if I should begin a new story. I have so many ideas!
Though I definitely won't be doing more than one story at a time.
Anyway, you get to express your preference!

1) A further Illustrated History of the Noyyau IN SPACE! To be played on some space mod or space game yet to be decided.

2)A "High and Low" type game (a RoM-AND option), basically you play with a civ until you reach the top of the scoreboard, then you are given control of the civ with the lowest score and have to get this new civ to the top, and so on...
I might also add an unusual map and backstory.

3)DAWOCCSR, a Deity Always War One City Challenge Space Race! What is this you ask? I've no idea, I just made it up.

4)Just a normal game on a relatively normal map.

(Disclaimer: I may or may not follow the results. And don't expect anything new soon anyway.)

(Now go read the whole story from the beginning :D)

That was great! :D

Top Bottom