An impossible quest?

enkryptor

Chieftain
The "Familiar exotics" quest objective is to build a biofuel plant in Tiangong, but there is no source of algae there, there is one in Quyen only. Is this kind of bug or I don't get something?

the screenshot:
Spoiler :

Its already been reported.

Harmony is the only completable option, just pick that instead.

I used a Weather Control satellite to get an algae near to the city I got the quest for.

Yup I got the same thing happening to me too. I was like well okay.

It makes me wonder how does stuff like this gets through beta?

Yup I got the same thing happening to me too. I was like well okay.

It makes me wonder how does stuff like this gets through beta?

I was thinking the same. How could someone not stumble across this in testing. I believe I've had at least two quests stall like this.

I used a Weather Control satellite to get an algae near to the city I got the quest for.

I always assumed this quest was to make players use the basic resource / strategic resource satellites.

Some of the quests can be attained with certain Wonders.

But that doesnt work if your capital has no coastal tiles.

Also the other option needs Petroleum, and you cant make that with a weather satellite.

I was thinking the same. How could someone not stumble across this in testing. I believe I've had at least two quests stall like this.

Maybe every single beta tester never built the building?

Ok but you still cant make water tiles if you are landlocked, so its still a bug.

I may have found a simple way to fix this quest.

In "FamiliarExotics_Chapter2Quest.lua" located under [YourPath]\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\assets\Gameplay\Lua\Quests

The relevant line should be:

Code:
local newObjective = AddObjective(quest, "QUEST_OBJECTIVE_BUILD_BUILDING", VIVARIUM_TYPE, 1, city:GetID());

Simply removing the city requirement thus changing it into:

Code:
local newObjective = AddObjective(quest, "QUEST_OBJECTIVE_BUILD_BUILDING", VIVARIUM_TYPE, 1);

Should cause the quest to be completed by building a Biofuel plant in any city.
(don't ask me why the variable is called "vivarium_type" it is in fact set on the biofuel plant)

Code:
local VIVARIUM_TYPE = GameInfo.Buildings["BUILDING_BIOFUEL_PLANT"].ID;

Perhaps initially it was intended to be a vivarium ("BUILDING_VIVARIUM")? That would make the quest a lot more easy to complete. Another solution could be to change this line instead so the requirement is a vivarium and not a biofuel plant.

This should be worth investigating if it actually works, I have no time to test it now.

I got one for a building that required Firaxite.

I had 4 cities and the game picked the only one that didn't have Firaxite to tell me to build the building.

Yeah, those quests are quite irritating to complete, as they compel you to use the terraforming satellites to get the resource you want.

@Sal: It depends on the quest type but the common reward is affinity points towards the one you are aiming for.

I actually played a game long enough to finish the harmony option on this quest. It was well past 250 turns, and all I got was 100 culture and a harmony level.

Worst quest ever.

Top Bottom