an other patch influencing diplomacy?

Semmel

Large Sid Meiers Collider
I was playing yesterday evening a little and upon starting civ, there was an update again. I thought that must be the one that patches the glitches caused with the mongolian update. So I didnt bother to check. but I noticed: the AI does 1:1 trades again. Before, no civ wanted to trade any luxury with me, I had only one spare ressource: wine, 7 times or so. Yesterday evening, all the other nations wer willing to trade with me on a 1:1 basis.

And I witnessed a war bewteen the Iroquois and Indians.. with impressive unit placesment from the Iroquis. They had a propper unit composition, covered their range units with melee and even had a propper unit wall behind a river on rough terrain to prevent indian counter attacks. India attacked enemy units only on flatland with knights but eventually run out of units. I am impressed! I hope it wasnt a one-time show.

I could do 1:1 trades in the very first game I played, but after a good amount of warmongering no longer could, I think that it has to do with the relationship that you have with them. also in my current game overseas civs value my luxuries more than the civs on my continent. I can do a 1:1 trade with them and if I sell for gold I get double what I can get off the neighbour

I agree with pickle.

Had a few games where relations really did make a big difference whether or not they'll trade 1:1 resources. I'm glad I always try to go for peaceful games... :)

Wow.. I was on a lonely island while all the other civs shared a continent. That might be the reason for the 1:1 trades. But I wonder why I had the situation 2 days ago, that nobody wanted to trade luxury withme.. anyways.. thanks!

Yep I can still do 1:1 trades but it really seems to depend on more things now so they have become rarer

They seriously need to start showing the diplo modifiers in the game. All there stories you read about how the AI always hates you and never trades with the player except in completely skewed trades. Then you find out the guy backstabbed a neighbor with whom he had a PoC and razed all their cities. Then I fire up the game for the first time post-patch, never declare on anyone in the early game, and the first trade I get is a 1-1 luxury trade from Arabia (without a PoC in effect). So clearly there is more to this than meets the eye, but that's just because the diplo screens leave us completely deaf, dumb, and blind. I did notice they now seem to want money/OB for RAs.

We at least need a button to access what info we have during diplomacy, half the time Im in that screen in the early stages I cant remember whos who anyway or there relationship to anybody.. For all I know Im making the situation worse, best bet seems to hit goodbye then check as much as you can then re enter it yourself..

Top Bottom