An updated Inca guide?

As the tech tree has changed, how do I get those 2500 gold?

How do I build the roads and Tambos in time?

Best way to get the gold might be a great merchant mission to Mexico. But I did it by going for Macchu Picchu wonder in Tiwanaku and turning off research after the Tambo tech. Building the roads and tambos in time is mostly a matter of conquering the independent cities quickly and getting a settler down south. The best city attacker available is the Aucac. And build enough workers, I'd say at least 6 but more is probably better. You'll want other improvements done as well.

The key is to get 2 GM. If you're tactical (with a tiny bit of luck), you should be able to conquer the Andean coast easily. You need 5 cities in the area, though I went with 6 with Quito (1W of the Gold) and Caqonatambu (1S of the copper). In my game, I didn't need any additional workers. Build wealth when appropriate.

Tech order should be
Currency (With 2 GM the 2500 gold becomes pretty easy)
Alloys
Bloomery
Seafaring (want to work water tiles, won't have time to send the GM through the jungle)
Engineering (for Tambos)
After that set tech to 0.

I got my first GM in Tiwanku (didn't raze because of Inca UP) in 1475 and my second in Nazca (my capital) in 1525.

In version 1.15, posting a unit in Brazil doesn't prevent the conquerer event, and sailing all the way around to Iceland is impractical (though I guess technically possible with the Panama Canal).
One exploit is to post a galley at the SW tip of the Aztec empire. As long as you don't expand too far NE, it's more likely than not the first European will see and conquer the Aztec before seeing you. When new Spanish land arrives in your galley's vision, it will act as the equivalent of you reaching Europe first, neutralizing the conquerer event.

After that, it's just a matter of settling the coasts to prevent European incursions and inland areas at the very last minute to reach the 60% benchmark, researching/building culture when appropriate.

Not relevant to actually getting the 3rd UHV, but to get your score as high as possible you have to be strategic about buying techs. Sort of stupid and pointless, but you may have to S/L to see the appropriate techs you can buy before you "become too advanced." Basically, you would need to buy enough techs to reach the "too advanced" threshold minus 1 tech, and then on the next turn buy as many as possible. Again, stupid, but if you want your inevitably low score to be slightly higher, it's the way to go.

Finally, at some point of expansion, you're going to want to avoid new techs, as not to trigger a stability check.

Now my own question: is it possible to eliminate the clouds and show the detailed game map beyond the default... zoom-out level (or whatever you would call it). Like, if I wanted to get a detailed screenshot of all of South America, is that possible?

Top Bottom