Anarchy and gpt trades

Delphi456

Prince
I thought I read somewhere that if you enter anarchy while giving gpt to another AI (because of a trade), you won't suffer a rep hit. Is this true?

I believe you'll pay the gpt until it goes to 0, and then you won't lose units and won't have to pay the gpt until you emerge from anarchy. I recall something like this happening in one game, but I could be very wrong here.

If your cash goes to 0, the AI will still continue to receive the full amount of gpt. It is just that the money doesn't come from anywhere.

You will not suffer a rep-hit, that is correct. You won't also lose any buildings or units, because you do not pay any upkeep and maintenance to begin with. But you might possibly break HoF or GotM rules.

If your cash goes to 0, the AI will still continue to receive the full amount of gpt. It is just that the money doesn't come from anywhere.

You will not suffer a rep-hit, that is correct. You won't also lose any buildings or units, because you do not pay any upkeep and maintenance to begin with. But you might possibly break HoF or GotM rules.

OK, so assuming you're trying to "play fair" (even if the AI doesn't) how do you avoid this situation? Should you wait until all gpt deals are finished before going into Anarchy, or is there some way to predict how much gold you'll need to cover revenue losses? Thanks.

Edit: In the same vein, if your capital goes to anarchy (EDIT: meant to say civil DISORDER), does it affect any trades, gpt or otherwise? Reason I ask is 'cuz my last game (as Chinese on DG) I triggered a guv change while a luxury resource trade with the Iroquois was ongoing. After anarchy was over they wouldn't trade anymore and nobody was willing to do any gpt's, with the solitary exception of Xerxes after what proved to be an illusory won war (the island town, right offshore from my modest isle, without any border contact with its motherland and with my culture pressing upon it, flipped anyway). Sorry but I didn't check to see if the Iroquois trade expired during the anarchy period.

OK, so assuming you're trying to "play fair" (even if the AI doesn't) how do you avoid this situation? Should you wait until all gpt deals are finished before going into Anarchy, or is there some way to predict how much gold you'll need to cover revenue losses? Thanks.

How to avoid such a situation? Switch governments once, fairly early, to either Republic or Monarchy and the 'problem' shouldn't really pose. If you get into a situation where, when you are in Anarchy, you can't pay your GPT deals from your funds, consider hiring tax collectors.

About the rest, I am not quite sure what you are asking.

Thanks Lord Em. "The rest" was basically asking if your capital goes into civil DISORDER (not Anarchy, sorry for the kipper), does that effectively "disconnect" your capital so it can't continue a resource export? I presume not, but just wanted to be sure. Thanks again.

Thanks Lord Em. "The rest" was basically asking if your capital goes into civil DISORDER (not Anarchy, sorry for the kipper), does that effectively "disconnect" your capital so it can't continue a resource export? I presume not, but just wanted to be sure. Thanks again.

You are right, civil disorder does not disconnect anything.

Top Bottom