1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anarchy in Arete

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Vandal Warlord, May 17, 2008.

1. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

I plan on RPing Arete's current anarchy, I will include several guerilla movements in Arete while it is in Anarchy, waiting for it's new leader.

If you have any objections speak now or forever hold your peace.

2. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

It has been about 14 hours since I posted so I will take that as a, "Go ahead Vandal".

3. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

As long as you do not do any godmodding or invent psychadelic schemes that include others, I'm fine.

4. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

I went on travel for work. I'm back now, I thought an interim government would have governed us until Monarchy...hmmm...

5. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Does including the Arete military count?

6. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Thats for GP not RP kwarriorpoet;)

7. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Vandal walked through down town Arete, with his small troop. He was armed with a small shied with his family's crest, his bleached sword, and his Uteunicic Order armour. He wears no helm. the rest of his troops are meer militia armed with small wooden shields and a spear. He was hird to eliminate the three Warlords (not to be confused with the Warlords Faction) that rose to take over Arete. His first target was Toku Jijvikara, the Warlord in charge of down town Arete. He krept down behind a large hut. The militia took their time in hiding behind the hut. The last man just walked through the middle of downtown to get there. Vandal's eyes widend as he acted as though nothing could kill him. Then An arrow flew into the side oif his neck as he fell to the ground dead. Vandal then ordered his troops to stay still. Vandal watched as Three archers walked out into the opening. One went up to the corpse and pulled the arrow from his neck. Vandal then ordered one of the men to give me their spear. He surrendered it.
    Vandal then crept out into the open and threw the spear right into the side of the lead archer. The other archers turned, but by that time Vandal had already ran up to another Archer and beheaded him. The last archer scrambled to get an arrow. Vandal slit the man's throat and he fell dead. Vandal's bleached sword was now covered in blood. Vandal waked away back to his troops, from which he ordered them to move twords the south end of down town Arete. He was getting close to the Warlord.

8. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Diamondeye walked through the streets to find his old fathers' house. It had been a long time since he had last visited Arete, and much had changed. There was nobody officially in charge. Diamondeye felt secure in the streets as he wore the white robe of the Head Of Faith - surely, no man, despite how desperate he was, would attack an unarmed monk with nothing of value on him. Only a few minutes in the streets proved him wrong. Two men, large and coarse raptores, held him up.

"Hand over whatever valuables you have, boy", one of them growled.
    Diamondeye turned his empty palms at the man, and spoke, with some nerveousity.
    "I possess nothing and needn't do."
    At these words the man in frnot of him laughed. Then he hit Diamondeye in his stomach. The young man curled together as he lost his breath.
    "Hand it over, now."
    Diamondeye looked up at him, now with a glint of panic in his eyes.
    "I am serious. I own nothing. I am a monk of the Protectors of Faith."
    The two men came closer. Then one of them started feeling around Diamondeyes robes. Diamondeye was sweating. He knew he had a small piece of gold brought from New Giruvegan somewhere in his robe, and he held a small, cut stone in the shape of a fist in his hand. It was a symbol to his former position, the Hand of Faith. He could under no circumstances hand over any of the things.
    The man, who had now searched the robe throughoutfully, found the small piece of gold.
    "Hey, look what I said now, I knew it. Have you got any more of these?"
    "No."
    "Don't lie to me, kid", the man said, this time hitting Diamondeye harder, on his cheek. The young boy fell on his knees and palms, dropping the small jewel.
    "Hey, what's that?" The man motioned to pick up the piece of stone.
    Diamondeye hit him, right on the side of his forehead. Startled with surprise the man simply looked at him. Diamondeye kicked him in his side, just below the ribs, and then hit the man right in the face with a small but determined fist. He felt the mans' nose breaking and the murky, warm blood on his fingers. Diamondeye quickly siezed the mans' small knife, the piece of gold, and the small jewel he had lost. The other man had taken forth his own knife, and was now looking threatening at Diamondeye.

"Calm now, I am sure we can talk this over", Diamondeye said, nerveously.
    The man looked at his wounded, bleeding comrade.
    "I don't think so."
    Diamondeye knew the man was going to kill him, even if he handed over his things. He took the small piece of gold, and held it in front of himself.
    "You want this?" he asked the man.
    The man nodded, keeping his knife in his hand and his eyes on the gold.
    Diamondeye threw the gold in a large slopy throw, into the air above the man. The man looked up in surprise and switched his knife to the left hand in order to catch the piece of gold. Diamondeye quickly turned his own knife half a turn, so the blade was underneath his hand, and jumped forth against the man. He stabbed the mans' eye with the knife before the man could do anything. After that Diamondeye felt the sudden warmth of blood running down his right leg and saw that the man had stabbed him in his stomach, right above the right leg. Diamondeye grumbled as he knocked the man unconcious with an elbow to the head, picked up the piece of gold that had fallen to the ground, threw the knife on the ground and halted towards his fathers house.

When he entered, his father, an old man now, looked startled at his young son who had never been in a fight before. The white robe was drenched in mud and blood, and the young man was bruised and bleeding.
    "Son, what has happened?"
    Diamondeye looked startled at him:
    "I can't recognize the city I once knew anymore..."

(OOC: To be continued)

9. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Vandal and his troop walked through down town. He was now down to 4 men, including himself.He stopped. He heard a faint noise. The he ordered his troops to check. He got no response.
    "Hey! I-" Vandal turned to see he troop held captive by very strong, buff men. Warlord Jijvikara stood in front of him.
    The Warlord grinned." Vandal, what a pleasure to see you again."He snickered. Then he frowned and pushed Vandal up against a hut.
    "This time, Vandal it will be you who is killed! To revenge my father!" He yelled.
    Vandal had killed the Warlord's father in a duel out in the woods about 10 years ago. Vandal grinned as he unsheathed a bronze daggar from his belt without Jijvikara seeing him. Vandal thrust the blade into his abdomin. The Warlord died instantly falling to the ground. Vandal looked out to his troop. When he looked he saw his troops had been beheaded. The Warlord's men looked at him for a momen. They fled soon after. Vandal laughed as he walked twords the center of the city. When he reached there he saw that the APR were atop a stage and everyone was cheering. They won, Vnadal thought. Vandal claped for them. After that day, life was normal again.

Vandal later found out, that one of the warlords was captured and executed, and the other fled to Madrid. Later, Vandal as instated as a espionauge officer to Spain. Vandal left plotting the final Warlord's demise. And the reunion with his son.

10. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

You can get your revenge Vandal before returning for your next assignment in Babylonia.

Good job by the way on the story it waill add nicely to our history.

11. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Speaking of which, Provo hasn't been on to continue Arete's history... hmmmm.......