Anarchy question

Crocodile

Chieftain
What determines the length of anarchy? Is it completly random or does empire size or happines have some effect?

I seem to recall reading somewhere it was random, between 3 and 6 turns, but I could be wrong. Unless your religious of course.

Partly random, partly based on diff level.

It also depends on how big your civ is. The bigger the civ, the longer the anarchy.

In Vanilla Civ there was only 1 round of anarch for religious civs, but that has been changed now. Thats too bad (although rel is still my favourite trait)

Originally posted by Frostyboy
In Vanilla Civ there was only 1 round of anarch for religious civs, but that has been changed now. Thats too bad (although rel is still my favourite trait)

Changed now? For PTW and Conquests, you mean?
In what way has it been changed?

Conquests now as one full turn of anarchy. There's no more switching as soon as you discover a gov tech, or the next turn.

PTW remains the same.

when one supports 6 turns of anarchy, next turn he choose a religious civ :rolleyes:

Yeah. . .I've got to be in a real good position to tolerate a six turn anarchy. The most I've ever done was 7. Usually, that high, I reload and try again.

Playing Monarch level the other day. WW was getting unmanageable for my repulic. Decided to switch to Communism. The anarchy lasted 9 figgin turns. Thank goodness I had a military to hold off the enemy onslaught. 9 turns felt like forever.

The length of anarchy as explained by Soren Johnson...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Soren Johnson Firaxis

oh, you wanted to know if there is a random factor. well, there is. it's between 1 and 5 turns. plus 0 - 3 extra turns depending on number of cities
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had 10 turns of Anarchy once. What funny is that the time there was this world war that happened at the same time. Man that hard. I lost like 3 cities, but gained afew workers (I later retook the 3 and gained another ^_^). But I thought it funny on the timing.

I hate anarchy, so I wait until I get Democercy <--or however you spell it
and go staright to that
so I can make 200 gold per turn

Originally posted by Chaos_BF1942
I had 10 turns of Anarchy once. What funny is that the time there was this world war that happened at the same time. Man that hard. I lost like 3 cities, but gained afew workers (I later retook the 3 and gained another ^_^). But I thought it funny on the timing.

You can't have 10 turns of anarchy, the maximum amount of turns is 8. As said in Zerksees post, what determines anarchy is a random number between 1 and 5, then add to that a number 1-3 depending on how many cities you have. Therefore, the maximum is 8 turns.

Originally posted by Alpha Infantry
I hate anarchy, so I wait until I get Democercy <--or however you spell it
and go staright to that
so I can make 200 gold per turn

I usually do the same, but with Republic. Republic is almost as good as Demo, and it comes a lot earlier.

Unless, of course, you're religious. Then I tend to switch gov's more.

Originally posted by Turner_727

I usually do the same, but with Republic. Republic is almost as good as Demo, and it comes a lot earlier.

Unless, of course, you're religious. Then I tend to switch gov's more.
Im new :)

Originally posted by homeyg

You can't have 10 turns of anarchy, the maximum amount of turns is 8. As said in Zerksees post, what determines anarchy is a random number between 1 and 5, then add to that a number 1-3 depending on how many cities you have. Therefore, the maximum is 8 turns.

Oh it was probably 8, but felt like 10.

Try to get out of Despotism ASAP. It kills your gold and production. A few turns of anarchy is better than staying in despotism for almost half the game.

Out of despotism you can't :whipped:. I have delayed the switch many times because of that. It doesn't seem to kill my gold or production. It kills my growth. :D

Top Bottom