1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ancient City Ruins

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Rainbow Sand, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Celeborn

Celeborn Silver-Death

*Gets out his spinning needle that is enchanted to react to the Discs standing magic field*

2. Andvare

Andvare King

This is so funny on so many levels.

3. Viatos

Viatos Prince

No. My disagreements do not come with a mutual acceptance clause attached.

As I did go through some effort to provide you a synopsis of FfH lore as relevant to the discussion I'd appreciate you skip the oversimplifications.

No, I am not 100% certain of that. But, as mentioned, Occam's Razor. There's no need to assume absurd, complex events when a simpler explanation exists given that there is no evidence of such reconfiguration and it would be in contradiction with the themes and mood of FfH.

If you can't provide compelling evidence that magic makes robots, drop the argument. Ultimatums are exceptionally impolite. Particularly in an open forum where discussion of setting fluff and canon are encouraged.

The Luchuirp craft articulate golems to make this process easier already, but that aside, you don't really need either of those things. The stone/wood/metal's innate properties can simply be changed, such that moving does not shatter them. Kind of like how a fireball changes fire's innate properties into something more like a rocket.

Unprovable, unrefutable arguments are dismissed in science and in logic, the bastions from which you make your assault. So this entire diatribe is self-defeating; it's illogical and unscientific. Occam's Razor would defeat it if you had a leg to stand on here, but you don't.

This is not an argument of any substance. The game has limitations that the lore does not. It doesn't work that way because it would be a waste of time and effort to make it work that way and then train the AI to understand it. The Luchuirp make golems through Enchantment. This is established canon.

This is MY argument, so obviously I agree with it; we have appropriate starting points (the One and his archangels, who became the gods; their relative omnipotence within their spheres; the nature of magic as an act of will) that you're completely disregarded.

4. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

Um... all physicis mumbo jumbo, scientific explanations and magic aside... I added that option to the map script becuase I thought it was cool. Cool > magic > e = mc^2

Just sayin' :)

5. Celeborn

Celeborn Silver-Death

I support additions in the name of Cool(Tm)

6. El Yahpo

El Yahpo Chieftain

I don't like the ruins because they're purple, just sayin'

7. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

:lol: I like that answer :D

8. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

That I agree with, but I'm not responsible for the graphics used in RiFE :)