Ancient Egyptian Musketman: Bonus Edition(8/12/2006)

It still needs some work in the animations before it belongs in Kinboat's camp. Here are my observations--only meant as constructive.

attack: leans to the right akwardly, smoke a little small

death: looks like his legs are being pulled from behind, right leg
falls through the ground plane at the end, gun flying doesn't fit with
animations because it flies to the same spot regardless of the
direction that the unit is facing

fortify: the right foot slides throughout the animation, the gun movement
is confusing and does not match the arm and hand movements

run: leans to the left too much, why not keep the gun on the shoulder

I don`t think what he does in the fortify and death animations is phyisically possible... :confused:

Also about the run animation, I agree about the weird leaning, but its not very comfortable to run holding a rifle on your shoulder or in one hand.. You hold it infront of you with both hands and you run, forrest, run!

Don't you EVER compare yourself to Kinboat. That's just not something you do. And post me a preview!

Goldflash said:
Don't you EVER compare yourself to Kinboat. That's just not something you do. And post me a preview!

Well, at least he's actively making units. That deserves all of our thanks. Great effort and modeling SoG. I would echo the comments above, but you are getting much better.

Stormrage said:
I don`t think what he does in the fortify and death animations is phyisically possible... :confused:

Also about the run animation, I agree about the weird leaning, but its not very comfortable to run holding a rifle on your shoulder or in one hand.. You hold it infront of you with both hands and you run, forrest, run!

:D italian "bersagliere" :D

I like the model. You're definitely good at those, and the animations are better. The attack definitely seems fine to me, although it's true that his foot slides during the fortify (impossible, given that he's stepping forward with the other foot at the same time). I'm not completely convinced by the way he holds his gun as he runs - it doesn't seem physically possible - but it does make sense that he would need to lean the other way to compensate.

The death is good that in that it's a bit different from other deaths, but I don't think it really works. As utahjazz7 said, his leg goes under the ground, and his rifle flies to the wrong place - you need to parent it to the rotate ball rather than to the ground when he drops it. Also, something really weird happens with his right arm. You do need to check these things frame by frame - in close-up, not at civ-scale - before finalising them, to make sure that odd things like this don't happen.

But it's coming along!

Top Bottom