Ancient Greece Map (199*159)

Ossric

Hedonistic Ruler
well i have made a map of Greece & the westside of Turkey. This map is ideal to create the Peleponesian, Trojan or Persian wars. I have however not yet added resources. You will have to that for yourself.

the map = (199*159)

for previews, i ask a volanteer to download the map & add some previews to the thread.

p.s. if the download doesn't seem to work, then you should download it from yoda power's post below (sorry for the inconvenience)

Attachments

• ossric\'s ancient greece map.zip
    41.6 KB · Views: 713
correct download

Attachments

• attachment.zip
    41.6 KB · Views: 442
well, everbody seemed to be making world & Europe maps & there has never been made a Greece map so i gave it a go. It was actually made for an ancient scenario (that's why there's an ocean strip in the west). Maybe i should add some trees here & there, but not to many since there aren't a lot of "forests" in that region. Resources will also be added in the future, but all of this is just minor work. Creating a full ancient scenario will be a bigger challenge. This map will be good to test Kryten's 8 new hoplites.

Im actually thinking about making a anciant scenario with this map, in case nobody else will.

Excellent map.

I agree with you, a map of Greece certainly has been lacking on the forum. :)

Great Map. Truly excellent.

It could definately use a few forests here and there however. The area around Ephesus was heavily wooded in antiquity (it was their major export actually). The same applied to the areas in Macedonia. The Peloponesse also has a few hilly forests, particularly the SE. Southern Turkey was also a forest region (though you'd be hard pressed to find it today).

That was one of the problems, i couldn't find a map with forests. They are defenitly lacking in some places. But i thought it was hard to define a forest in Greece, does the meditteranian flora count as a forest? I went on a holiday around Greece once & it is mostly bushes with some southern type trees. It's a big difference if you compare it with forests in Germany... So once i couldn't decide what to take as trees, i just left them out. I decided to just post the map as it was, with not resources or forests (that my friend, i leave up to you)

oh, if anyone would post the minimap or a screenshot, it will be apreciated!!

There are decent sized forests in Greece though not on par with the Germanic ones. Another area where forests abound is in northern Thrace and Macedonia, particularly in antiquity.

I have one request. I tried to convert the file into a .bix (PTW) but my editor crashes every time I try to. Can someone please post a .bix version for me?

I would greatly appreciate it.

Originally posted by Porphyrogenitos
There are decent sized forests in Greece though not on par with the Germanic ones. Another area where forests abound is in northern Thrace and Macedonia, particularly in antiquity.

I have one request. I tried to convert the file into a .bix (PTW) but my editor crashes every time I try to. Can someone please post a .bix version for me?

I would greatly appreciate it.

Here it is :

Attachments

• ancient greece mapptw.zip
    39.3 KB · Views: 184
Thank you ever so much LouLong, you are quite the gentleman (I presume your male...no offense if you are not).

I'm experiencing the same problem though again. Whenever I try to load this map it crashes. Is it an unusual size or something? It worked in the .bic editor but won't load in the .bix editor (PTW). Are you using a different version maybe? Could this be it?

EDIT: okay...found the trouble...none of my scenrios load now...hmmm any ideas why?

Top Bottom