Ancient Mediterranean Civs - Greek Epic (by Numitor and ambrox62)

ambrox62

Emperor

Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations - Greek Epic

Version 2 released - Dec 29, 2011

Thanks to the wondrous and creative skill of Numitor and to the past experience in making civs of ambrox62, we present a Greek Epic pack containing most of the civilizations which belonged to the ancient and mythical greek world

Spoiler :

NOT Available on ModBrowser because of:
http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?106949-Invalid-File-ID-Modbuddy-upload-error

Available HERE

Available on Civfanatics DB HERE

Enjoy it and let a feedback !!! :)

Actually we are working on sevearal Civs, next Civs may be Sparta and Troy. Since most Civs were suggested by someone (don't remember where, in the other thread or in request thread or anywhere else) we may add/repeat your ideas here.

So what do you think, what leaders, traits, UU, UB should be for following Civs? Spartans, Troians, Athenians, Minoans, Thracians, Lydians. Some leaders allready are set, everything else is still open - we may bring your suggestions to life. Just tell us.

Here is, how Troy will look like (low res preview)
Spoiler :

We took over your ideas, and we will edit during progress:

Amazones
Will get new UB name: Nymphaion

Troy
UU: Poseidon's Guard as cavalry or Apollo's Guard better archer or crossbowmen with unique promotion: arrow of plague
UB: Cybele's Temple(instead of watermill with culture bonus and heal units faster)
trait: Dardanus Legacy (recycle persian UA)

Minoans
Leader: Pasiphae (instead of King Minos)
UU: Sea People Axemen or Minotauros (amphibious swordmen) or
UB: Labyrinth replacing court or Workshop of Daedalus or
Anaktora replacing Temple: 1 additional culture and provides gold until flight is discovered
trait: First Thalassocracy or Breath of Minos (production bonus for naval units and +1 movement for embarked units (or recycle elisabeth's UA?)

Spartans
UU: Spartiates with sword - new. with spear (kind of like Hoplite)
UB: gymnasion - better barracks (+60 EP and -10 % research)
trait: rule of hoplits: can slide past enemy units, +10 % EP and + 10 % unit defense

Athenians
UU: Phalanx or Phalagga (with scout promotions?)
UB: Delian League port (better harbour with culture bonus)
trait: great master builder (production bonus for buildings)

Lydians
UU: early horse (historical THE unit of Lydians)
UB: unique improvement instead of mines (culture bonus like the polynesian Moai) <- does thiswork? We need art for that.
trait: golden touch: +500 gold for the invention of currency AND +1 gold for any river tile

Thracians
Leader: Orpheus - i would prefer Seuthos I
UU: Thracian peltasts (faster and chance of retreat) or Peltast Spearman that partially heals when killing a unit.
UB: tumulus (gold bonus) or tempel of Dionysos (happiness) or
UTI: Thracian Fort Fort which can be built faster.
trait: Numerous (+50% production for settlers, because Herodotus call them the second most numerous people in the world after the Indians) or
Warrior Tradition +2 when killing a unit, starts with free barracks in every city.

I posted a suggestion on Thracians on the original AMC. make a blouse or something for the amazon leader or else you might get banned.

This is good news:)

meantime i have test the amazones and mycenae. i like them as they are, very good paintings and icons. did you made them by yourself?

if you need some citynames, i beg to refer to my mod The World of Odysseus for civ4 and the contained lists of citynames.

Here are my suggestions:

Troy
UU: Poseidon´s Guard as cavalry or Apollo´s Guard better archer or crossbowmen with unique promotion: arrow of plague
UB: nymphaion (instead of watermill with culture bonus and heal units faster)
trait: 50 sons (+10% population growth)

Minoans
Leader: Pasiphae (i look forward to see her)
UU: Sea People Axemen (amphibious swordmen)
UB: labyrinth replacing court or Workshop of Daedalus
trait: First Thalassocracy (production bonus for naval units and +1 movement for embarked units

Spartans
UU: Spartiates with sword
UB: gymnasion - better barracks (+60 EP and -10 % research)
trait: rule of hoplits: can slide past enemy units, +10 % EP and + 10 % unit defense

Athenians
UU: phalanx of Freeman with spear (with scout promotions)
UB: Delian League port (better harbour with culture bonus)
trait: great master builder (production bonus for buildings)

Lydians
UU: early horse (historical THE unit of Lydians)
UB: unique improvement instead of mines (culture bonus like the polynesian Moai)
trait: golden touch: +500 gold for the invention of currency AND +1 gold for any river tile

Thracians
Leader: Orpheus
UU: Thracian peltasts (faster and chance of retreat)
UB: tumulus (gold bonus) or tempel of Dionysos (happiness)
trait: Numerous (+50% production for settlers, because Herodotus call them the second most numerous people in the world after the Indians)

Manifold, to answer your question, we did all the Artwork kind of ourself: We took pictures of painted figurines (mostly so called "historical" or "mythical" figurines) and compiled them together: Take a new head, new this, new that... In the other thread you can see the progress of Agamemnon's screens. Icons are made by ourself. Same we did with Amazones; Priamos and with the others - except we did not post every step here.

Thank you very much for posting your suggestions. I love the "Nymphaion" most, could have been Amazone UB. :D I will change my post and put your suggestions in. Some of them sadly will not work, I think. Especally names are a bit sensitive sometimes: we need short names and names that need to be able to combine with the possessive word like "Spartan", "Minoan" or so. This shows, a "Spartan Spartanite" looks a bit like a pleonasm, "Minoan Sea People Axeman" seems a bit long. So we still are searching for ideas there. How about "Minotauros" for Minoan Axe UU? I know, its *wrong* but I like it somehow.

@Onacadarfi XXVI: I hope the will warn us before - if so. :) We used historical/mythical figurines, so I persoanlly dont see a reason.

I love the "Nymphaion" most, could have been Amazone UB

Why not? :)
Cybele was a phrygian (Asia Minor) goddess, thus a "Cybele's Temple" may fit well for Trojans also.
Nymphaion was a greek (and, later, roman) monument instead, thus it doesn't fit well for Troy.
Swapping the buildings (in the next mod version) might be a good idea, imo ;)

Some of them sadly will not work, I think. Especally names are a bit sensitive sometimes: we need short names and names that need to be able to combine with the possessive word like "Spartan", "Minoan" or so. This shows, a "Spartan Spartanite" looks a bit like a pleonasm, "Minoan Sea People Axeman" seems a bit long. So we still are searching for ideas there. How about "Minotauros" for Minoan Axe UU? I know, its *wrong* but I like it somehow.

...We used historical/mythical figurines,...

Then for Sparta: Phalagx (should be the sound of Ancient Greek) or Phalagga (modern greek) but Spartan Spartiates isnt a no-go, i guess. then Phalagx or Phalagga could also be for Athenians. by the way another UB for the Athenians could be the school of philosophy.

For Minoans: then just say Sea People but i personally prefer also some more mythical topics, so Minotauros is the best.

For a more mythical direction, the second UU of Tharcians could be Satyr (better scout).

For Christmas 2013 i would wish:

Ithaca
Leader: Penelope
UU: Trojan Horse (better Catapult)
2. UU: Suitors (swordmen with -50% production)
UB: weaving mill (better Temple: ships start with movement promotion and +2 gold/production for any sheep and cotton tile)
trait: grass widow (dobble unit output from militaristic city-state and dobble great persons output from city-state and +10% maintenance for units (this should be negative)

for Christmas 2014:

Thessaly
Leader: Jason or Achilles or Eurytion (Centaur)
UU: Centaur (better Chariot archer)
2. UU: Myrmidons (better Longswordsman)
UB: shipyard of Argo (better Lighthouse: ships start with the promotion supply)
trait: great journey (ancient ships can move oceans, +10 EP for units and +10% great persons output)

for Christmas 2015:

Atlantis:king:

Numitor is too much humble, imo :) Yes, pieces come from web, but he puts the creative hand which cuts, pastes and reworks them :eek:

:worship:you are an exellent creative artist:worship:

Because we modders cannot introduce new UA effects, for Troy I suggest to recycle the persian UA, renaming it "Dardanus Legacy"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dardanus

I'm afraid, i do not stuck so much in the system of moddability of civ5:sad:

i was thinking of something like the Indian UA: Population Growth, but Dardanus Legacy sounds good for me

Because we modders cannot introduce new UA effects, for Troy I suggest to recycle the persian UA, renaming it "Dardanus Legacy"

Couldn't you just make the Thracians an unique Palace and give it the Temple of Artemis growth boost ability?

\o/ Nymphaion for Amazones UB :goodjob:

Then for Sparta: Phalagx (should be the sound of Ancient Greek) or Phalagga (modern greek) but Spartan Spartiates isnt a no-go, i guess. then Phalagx or Phalagga could also be for Athenians.

Its ok to me, both. If nobody thinks, Spartan Spartiates is a pleonasm, we can go with Spartiates and then take Phalanx or Phalagga for Athenai. [Phalagx may look like a typo, so the english or (modern) greek word may be better?]

I love the Ithaca/Theassaly/Atlantis idea - but I am afraid we would run out of city-names. :king: And out of time to do them all. :lol:

Dardanus Legacy
sounds perfect as well. I will mod in my post abouve, what changed today.

Ok, so maybe my memory of Ancient greece is lacking a bit, but why are you wanting to give Sparta (best known for their spearmen) a sword unique unit, and Athens (a well known navel power) a spear unique unit?

The Spartens could take the Hoplite straight from the Greeks, Maybe give Athens an uber Trireme - Call it a Quadrireme: stronger, possibly with some sort of upgrade.

:)Ok , so , I have played with Don Marty's mod. I notice that after building the Heroic Epic the Greek Civ aquires Achiless as a hero. I was hoping that you modders can implement this in this epic ,great , uber mod. Now by impleminting this idea,I am suggesting that you guys be able to put the heroes after building the barracks and only be able to build one time the hero, APART from the other warriors.

the spartans can get a bonus of 20% for units trained in capital and some more prod from hills.
athenians can get more money from luxury or from sea tiles

Top Bottom