Ancient Mediterranean Civs - Greek Epic (by Numitor and ambrox62)

What is going on? *update*

I am sorry for the delay, but RL need my attention. All I did, is compiling the tumulos into the background pic. Here is a low res preview from actual background pic.

Spoiler :

The guy is just a placeholder and need to be replaced. Any further coments? Is this looking *thracian* enough?

Any further coments? Is this looking *thracian* enough?

Very nice :goodjob:

I would prefer a river BG instead of a sea one (i.e an inland BG more than a coastal one), but it's just an humble opinion... :)

Not rushing at all, just curious:
Any news on this?

Sorry Absinthe, there are no news in particular. All I did, is replacing the placeholder guy, add the thracian lyra on his shield and shoulders :lol: and I made the BG fit to him a bit better (compare sheeps and some other details). All the DDS-work still is to do. Sorry for the delay, RL really bugs me sometimes.

Here is the preview again.

Spoiler :

This mod looks really great, but whenever I try and embark any unit while playing as the Minoans, the game just crashes. Works fine for the other civs I tried.

This mod looks really great, but whenever I try and embark any unit while playing as the Minoans, the game just crashes. Works fine for the other civs I tried.

Please, apply the attached fix, start a new game as Minoans, then report

Attachments

• Minoan_fix.7z
    21.2 KB · Views: 188
ambrox, do you plan to update/upload your mod to steam workshop ?

Numitor and ambrox62, I don't know how to make proper Civ V Dawn of Man Images. Could you help me? I couldn't find any tutorial on it, and surprisingly beyond programming Kael's was the LEAST helpful.

Man this mod looks amazing. I barely even recall some of those names? Though I wish it was a bit clearer who is who because I can just tell that some have Queens and some Kings.

I don't know how to make proper Civ V Dawn of Man Images. Could you help me?

Numitor made the amazing arts contained into the mod, and there are no tutorial for them. You just need to skillfully manage tools like gimp/photoshop and to find the right pictures to merge ;)

Numitor made the amazing arts contained into the mod, and there are no tutorial for them. You just need to skillfully manage tools like gimp/photoshop and to find the right pictures to merge ;)

I just don't understand how though. :C

All I know is:

It has to be divisible by 4. (1024x768x24 BPP /4 = 256x192x6) OK

It has to be 1024x768x24, at least according to Kael, and his checked out when comparing his DDS to mine. OK

That's all I know. I don't know what compression to use, what layering, if there should be a second layer, transparency, I don't know any of that because there is no tutorial. And every time I try it fails. I'm not giving up, but its starting to get a little disheartening, especially alongside my TXT_KEY error, the one where all the text is replaced with the TXT_KEY definitions for them. Instead of the civ name its all TXT_KEY_CIV_YOUTUBE_SHORT_DESC. I would try a PM but I don't know how on this site.

I just don't understand how though. :C

All I know is:

It has to be divisible by 4. (1024x768x24 BPP /4 = 256x192x6) OK

It has to be 1024x768x24, at least according to Kael, and his checked out when comparing his DDS to mine. OK

That's all I know. I don't know what compression to use, what layering, if there should be a second layer, transparency, I don't know any of that because there is no tutorial. And every time I try it fails. I'm not giving up, but its starting to get a little disheartening, especially alongside my TXT_KEY error, the one where all the text is replaced with the TXT_KEY definitions for them. Instead of the civ name its all TXT_KEY_CIV_YOUTUBE_SHORT_DESC. I would try a PM but I don't know how on this site.

I'll try to explain the best I can using my poor english :)

You've described two issues: one related to dds and one related to xml. To solve the latter, I strongly suggest you follow the pattern of a running mod, just to learn how to manage it. Copy/paste it within your modbuddy tool and try to modify/build/install on your PC. To solve the former, try the same way, just replacing images and atlases with your own creations.

To be more specific about the dds files included in this mod:
- atlas files are dds saved with "no compression"
- dom and map files are dds saved with dxt3 compression
- diplo files are dds saved with dxt1 compression

About how to manage dds you may search for internet tutorials

I hope this can help you ;)

Top Bottom