1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ancient Mediterranean Civs - Greek Epic (by Numitor and ambrox62)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by ambrox62, Oct 12, 2011.

1. ambrox62

ambrox62 Emperor

Why 2K did not migrate all mods from gamespy into SW? Do users upload current mods by themselves? :crazyeye:

2. m9x

m9x Warlord

I have no idea, maybe they were too lazy. I wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah, the users have to manually upload the stuff (no idea how as I haven't used it).

3. ambrox62

ambrox62 Emperor

Sorry, no chance to see a G&K version by me
    Nonetheless volunteers are welcome
    :)

4. moonrunner

moonrunner Chieftain

there was an update to the game that moved something related to images to the DB and a bunch of mods were broke as a result.

5. Patcheresu

Patcheresu Chieftain

I CAN TELL YA HOW! Okay. Inside the ModBuddy IDE there is a button that says [1] Upload to Steam Worskhop underneath Window. on the top toolbar.

You figure it out from there.

6. PAVLOS_GR300

PAVLOS_GR300 Greek

i suppose the civs are compatible with god and kings

7. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Yeah, users have to upload their mods individually. Culture has been changed in the expansion too, so the <Culture> tag is dead as is any other culture related tag, to be replaced by standard yield tags.

8. Bamby

Bamby Chieftain

What about Macedonia?

9. PAVLOS_GR300

PAVLOS_GR300 Greek

the Greek state of Macedonia is more or less already in the game, as Alexander the Great is the Greek leader, but i agree that a Macedonia civ should be included

10. Bamby

Bamby Chieftain

There is a big problem with this . Macedon was like Sparta a nation state, like any of the others and Alexander was a Macedonian king as was his father.

11. PAVLOS_GR300

PAVLOS_GR300 Greek

sparta and all the south greek states arent the same at the goverment system, sparta, athens corinth and every south greek citie or colonie was independed from each other, on the other hand, greeks in epirus macedonia and thrace made normal states as the idea of citie states hasnt spread there and they stayed to the original goverment type. alexander was put as the greek leader for 2 reasons
    1)obviously he is recognized as one of the best leaders in the human history and he is the only human that is officialy named Great(Alexander the GREAT), so he was chosen as among the other great greeks
    2)as i described before greeks were separated from each other, Alexander the Great and his father united the Greeks and all together defeated the greatest millitary power in the world(persia) and annexed it

12. RobertThe1st

RobertThe1st Chieftain

I hope its ok that i used your Sparta Civ. Really awesome artwork. I extracted all the Sparta info and changed a few things but you guys did an awesome job and it makes the game even better. Thanks for all the hard work that you put in.

13. exodustpa

exodustpa Chieftain

Is this pack and the Ancient Mediterranean Pack going to be updated for G&Ks

14. Pouakai

If you look to the top of this page, Ambrox clearly says he won't be making a G&K version, and we have not heard from Numitor

15. exodustpa

exodustpa Chieftain

Hey Poukai do you know what needs to be changed between Vanilla and G&K for a civ so that i could maybe try to update it myself.

16. Pouakai

No I don't. What I would reccomend is downloading a G&K civ mod from Steam Workshop and comparing it to this, see what's different beyond effects etc.

17. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

I would love to see some of the WIP civs finished
    At least Thrace, Lydia and Thebes
    There is already superb art for them (or at least a very promising and significant start) here in this thread or in the upcoming Anno Domini mod

18. iamaplayer

iamaplayer Chieftain

Hi all, a G&K adaptation is on my to do list. The 2 Mediterranean packs, the Anac ones, and a few more.

19. iamaplayer

iamaplayer Chieftain

20. SemperFiCiv

SemperFiCiv Chieftain

Love both Mods! However, I am noticing a few things. The Greek Epic Civs have a ton of unit bonuses on ALL the units (like 15 different ones). Also, I cannot load a saved game using either Med Civs packs. Also, using Athens, I have had the AI in an infinate loop processing their turn a few times.

I have a few other Civ Mods, nothing earth shattering. I have one that adds a couple of other resources....dont know if thats in conflict.

Thanks for the attempt to convert. I love the colors on the Greek Epics!

This is for the G&K. Oh, I am Shipwreck on the Steam Comments....