Ancient Mod Pack

ironfang

Warlord
Hello Everyone.

I am taking my first ambitious attempt at creating a Mod pack for CivIII. The theme is Ancient period to early Dark Ages. I believe I have discovered a cheezy way of instituting *religions* into the game. If anyone is interested, here is what I am trying to do.

Build a Mod Pack themed around 4000BC - 500AD. Of Course, I cannot change the amount of years that go between turns, it will simply just have to be ignored.

I am removing all technologies from after early medieval time. I am adding/replacing industrial/modern buildings/wonders with Ancient ones that are not currently incorporated into the current civIII game.

My fiance is a graphic design artist, so she is going to build the additional ancient units such as Phalanx, Centurion, Auxillery, Oranger, and many more.

I also have begun to add the following religions into the game. They work like Small Wonders in the same respect as Solar Plants and Coal Plants (can only build one in the city). The religions are going to have the prerquisite to be built in the same city as the Palace (therefore no duplication). Each religion has their own special benefits and fall backs.

Well, right now I am working on the tech tree for each of the new ages, and if anyone would like to contribute, please reply to this post. Many things can be done from building the map (which sould be centered on all of Europe, N. Africa, and as far east as current day Iran), to contributing animations.

I will post something when I have a workable release.

Thanks
Ironfang

Top Bottom