ancient units vs tanks!!!! Story!!!!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Stories & Tales' started by ShadowWarrior, Aug 8, 2005.

1. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Prince

Oh! Those complication went away cuz the Manchurians aren't as advanced as the Ming ;)...hahaha... :)

2. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Prince

Chapter 11:

Shiang stared blankedly at the black iron wall erected at the exit of the Jiang Ying valley. He was completely speechless and confused, as was everyone else. Shiang checked his memory and was sure that the wall was not here before. Logically, the wall can't be here, otherwise, they would not have been able to enter the valley to go to Ming Yuan in the first. So, why is the wall here now!??!!

Shiang Yu sat inside his tank, and thought for what seemed to other soldiers to be a very long time. Suddenly, and somewhat violently, the general ordered a soldier near him to get a map of the Ming empire. The soldier obeyed, and promptly delivered the map to his general.

Shiang's hands shook as he took the map and unrolled it. His eyes and face betrayed his fear as he looked at this map. It is beginning to dawn on the general that he has indeed fallen for a trap that was created for him even before his entire division has landed on Southeast China. The general realized that he has been fooled in to chasing the Thousand Li cavalry all the way to Ming Yuan, which was an effort that wasted fuel. The prisoners whom he had killed at the other end of this valley were bait that led him to expend his ammunitions as much as possible. Although it was fortunate that not much of the ammunition was wasted there, it is hard to believe that he can easily knock down this iron wall standing before him now without significantly draining his ammunition.

But what worried the general the most was his fortification back on Nang Kang, where his supplies are stored. The fortification was guarded by a regiment with infantries, artillery and five tanks. However, if Yuei Fei was able to fool him into chasing the Ming cavalry all the way to Ming Yuan, who is to say that Yuei Fei would not use another clever tactics to force the small regiment defending his Nang Kang fortification into surrendering? And if that has already happened, then how will his own tank division ever be refueled, and his ammunition, food, and water replenished?

A hundred thousand thoughts crossed the general's mind regarding all kind of possibilities of what Yuei Fei might be doing now, how the general should respond, the potential consequences of failures, and what other plans Yuei Fei might possibly have in store for him. Shiang Yu could not concentrate at all on any one of them.

"Fire at the wall and knock it down!" Shiang ordered after he managed to recollect his thoughts. But as soon as the relentless bombardment commenced, Shiang's mental state became once again chaotic. He did not know what he is to do after a breach sufficiently big enough for the tanks to get through is made. He was sure that Nank Kang's fortification would have been in Yuei's hand by the time he himself reach there. The only option now left is to go seek shelter at Chen Yi in Jing Yang.

3. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Prince

Chapter 12:

The last ray of sunlight had just disappeared, and all under the sky is now black save the light coming from the full moon. But Chiang Kai Shek's tanks continued to roll along the dirt path leading up to the somewhat steep hill. On the top of this hill sits the Jiang Su military base.

To the left of the dirt path are dense trees planted on the ground that sloped upward. On the right is a steep cliff. As the tanks rolled higher up towad the hilltop, the cliff looked ever more dangerous.

Suddenly, lights flared up all along the trees next to the tanks as Ming soldiers, holding and waving a hay of straw lit with fire in their hands, charged down the slope ferociously toward Chiang's division. Sound of war drums, cries of the menacing Ming soldiers, and firing by the Ming artilleries, deafened Chiang's ear as the general stood there, taken completely by surprised.

As the Ming soldiers got closer toward the tanks, artilleries stopped firing. The Ming soldiers climbed upt to the tanks. Through the elongated opening from which the tank drivers could see the outside in order to navigate, the Ming soldiers delivered exploding firecrackers, and other objects that resembled grenades, dynamites, and anything that seemed to have the potential to explode. The Manchurian soldiers inside the tanks were forced to jump out. But upon jumping out, they were shot instantly by their Ming counterparts with pistols.

In less than half an hour, the entire seventy five Manchurian tanks under Chiang's command fell into the hands of the Ming army.

4. EnglishPunk

EnglishPunk Chieftain

More More! I wanna know how this turns out

5. Azash

Azash La Sombra

Nice sotry.. Rated :) By the way, you wouldn't have happened to play Dynasty Warriors? :D Just wondering about Zhuge Liang.. He's a real bad@$$ in those games.

6. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Prince

I stopped writing cuz I didn't think people are reading, but I guess at least a few are reading.

And I am running out of ideas now LOL. I am making the story up as I write, so I didn't plan far enough. Now I don't know how to continue.