AND crashes when loading certain maps

jpnola82

Chieftain
Recently switched back to CivIV. I could never get AND to work when I played IV years ago, but did enjoy ROM. Upon switching back, I found the download site for AND (http://anewdawn.sourceforge.net/pages/install/) and downloaded it.

Everything seems to be OK. I did get the "no installer" message, but no issue loading the mod at startup. But when I go to play a game, the map choice seems to cause the game to crash. Several different maps (especially the more custom ones, like Full of Resources) cause immediate crash when I select the map in the custom game setup menu. Only the vanilla maps (continents, archipelago, etc.) seem to not crash.

Is this a known issue, or is there a fix that I need to implement? Just for the sake of it, the sourceforge download site that I linked to above does have carry the latest update, right?

In case it's relevant... brand new Acer Predator Helios 300 with latest Nvidia card.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions!!

If you want to check your version in-game, mouse over you civ flag and look for the yellow text. The current version is rev1066.

I wonder if files are missing from your installation. How big is your Assets folder? The size of the folder on the SVN is 1,808 files; 1,658,590,288 bytes.

Most of the RoM map scripts haven't been updated in years, and I don't think there have been any other users reporting issues with multiple maps.

I don't think there have been any other users reporting issues with multiple maps.
When I was on one of my modules and added more terrain features I have tested each and every map script to see if it works with my stuff or not. All map scripts worked for me - except for Full of resources of course. The private maps I didn't test.

FoR doesn't work. Some other maps have issues, for example you can't use Totestra for bigger than Huge maps (you will get a weird map where continents are duplicated on the map). AFAIK other mapscripts were working. Can you tell me which other mapscripts are not working?

I also have a similar problem, every time I enter a map either full earth without civilizations or another map, the game is closed simply, I have searched for all kinds of solutions and nothing, I would like to help me because I am a fan of this mod and I have not been able to play it for a while.

Top Bottom