And the Irony of the Year Award Goes To....

Cutlass

The Man Who Wasn't There.
Alabama-based League of the South launches Russian-language page to promote 'Southern nationalism'
By John Bowden - 07/21/18 03:32 PM EDT

An Alabama organization designated as a white supremacist hate group by the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) is launching a Russian-language page calling on Russia and the American South to become allies.

A letter posted to the League of the South's website first reported by AL.com spoke of natural similarities between Russian culture and the conservative southerners.

"As fellow Whites of northern European extraction, we come from the same general gene pool. As inheritors of the European cultural tradition, we share similar values, customs, and ways of life. And as Christians, we worship the same Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and our common faith binds us as brothers and sisters," the group's leader Michael Hill wrote.

Hill's letter continued that the site's Russian-language page would be the "first step" toward building "[a] firm and resolute understanding and commitment to cooperation between the Russian people and the people of the South [that] could indeed be the foundation for a better world in which our peoples thrive and prosper far into the future."

The group's move to establish the page comes days after President Trump's bilateral summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin, in which the two leaders spoke about decreasing tensions between their two nations.

Trump was criticized after a press conference including both leaders for appearing to agree with Putin's dismissal of Russia's election interference efforts, which he later clarified he did not intend in a statement at the White House.

ADL researchers have recorded chapters of the League of the South group in 16 states, first appearing in 1994 after Hill, a former professor at Stillman College, a historically black school, founded the group.

The group is described by ADL as "espouse[ing] white supremacist ideology and southern nationalism, advocating for an independent southern nation devoid of Jews and other minorities."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...league-of-the-south-launches-russian-language

I dont like the ADL for their involvement with Waco but I thought the Nazis hated Slavic peoples. And these people call themselves Christians? I dont think Jesus would approve of their "us & them" mentality.

I dont like the ADL for their involvement with Waco but I thought the Nazis hated Slavic peoples. And these people call themselves Christians? I dont think Jesus would approve of their "us & them" mentality.

I think its White Supremacists not actual Nazis.

Nazis are Germanic/Aryan supremacists, they had no problems about killing Slavs, which are also another white race.

White nationalists/supremacists generally speaking have warmed up to the Slavs quite a bit in the last 70 years. Stormfront, for instance, has always considered them white and has active subforums for several Slavic countries including Russia, Serbia, and Croatia. Although in fairness the original Nazis liked Croatia too.

American white supremacists were anti-Catholic and anti-Southern European along with anti-Eastern European at the height of KKK influence in the 1920s. I'm not sure when Catholics and Southern and Eastern Europeans became generally accepted by white supremacists overall though. Presumably this would have happened a little while after they blended into the white population as a whole, which was mostly complete by the 1960s or so.

White nationalists/supremacists generally speaking have warmed up to the Slavs quite a bit in the last 70 years. Stormfront, for instance, has always considered them white and has active subforums for several Slavic countries including Russia, Serbia, and Croatia. Although in fairness the original Nazis liked Croatia too.

American white supremacists were anti-Catholic and anti-Southern European along with anti-Eastern European at the height of KKK influence in the 1920s. I'm not sure when Catholics and Southern and Eastern Europeans became generally accepted by white supremacists overall though. Presumably this would have happened a little while after they blended into the white population as a whole, which was mostly complete by the 1960s or so.
Supremacism has its own flavor in every country. I remember speaking to Ukrainian who proudly declared that Ukrainians are 'true Slavs', while Russians are mixture of Finno-Ugric and Tatar people. I only asked him what's wrong with being a Finn or Tatar?

Finns are awesome, as Russia found out during the winter war. Besides, ethnic mingling has been going on since the dawn of time, so everyone on this planet is pretty much mongrels at this point.

When the Nazis were hating on the Slavs they kind of forgot that the Vikings had trading posts along pretty much every river that they could reach. And so there's lot's of Viking DNA all through the region.

Top Bottom