Angel Spawning

Charybdis

Scion Doomgiver
So, I'm waging war with purposely weak human units with the Order religion to try to generate some angels.

So far in two games I've had one single angel spawn, who I got from a worker dying.

What am I missing?

Just because the civ has the right religion, doesn't mean that the unit does.

Just because the civ has the right religion, doesn't mean that the unit does.

Yes I'm very aware of that, and mousing over the unit will show any religion they're bound to.

I'm just wondering if I'm having a severely unlucky streak or if I'm missing something.

The mercurian gate has to have been built, but if you've gotten any angels then that should be done already. In that case, I'm not sure. Haven't tested the mercurians under 0.51 yet. Has anyone else ?

One possibility is that you have a huge number of civilizations active.

If there are 30 active civs, then each dead Good unit has only a 10% chance to be reborn. (Higher for experienced troops, but if you're only building them to die...)

One possibility is that you have a huge number of civilizations active.

If there are 30 active civs, then each dead Good unit has only a 10% chance to be reborn. (Higher for experienced troops, but if you're only building them to die...)

Game I'm currently using I've got the following:

Mercurians from the start.
Using level 3 confessors (so definitely have the religion) as suicide troops.
About 12 other civs in the game.

Another game:

Archer attacked by Margalard, no religion present (havn't got any religion in my cities), got an angel spawn off it.
He's killing some other fodder I'm throwing out there, no angel spawns off of maybe 6 or so, 15 civs in the game.

Archer attacked by Margalard, no religion present (havn't got any religion in my cities), got an angel spawn off it.

All non-animal, living and mortal Mercurian are eligible for angelhood. Yes, that includes Nightwatches, Entropy users and Beast units.

Note that units with evil religions, death I, or entropy I will still become Infernal Manes even if they also become Mercurian Angels based on their owner though.

All non-animal, living and mortal Mercurian are eligible for angelhood. Yes, that includes Nightwatches, Entropy users and Beast units.

Ok, that's good to know.

Still the fact I've had 2 angels spawn (one worker, one archer, both before gate building) in this current game, both from barbarians, yet none from my horseman suicide charge (about 20 in total) and none from my random acolytes trying to hug the two giant monkeys wandering nearby (another 10-15) just seems odd.

In the game I started a few days ago where I summoned them as an ally, I was killing quite a few stacks of doom worth of enemy units with Empy religion, and not a single angle spawned for the Mercurians. These enemies were Hippus horsemen, btw, so no bad magic promotions.

i had the same. lost 20 or 30 order religion units and basium didnt even get ONE angel. seems quite odd to me.
i would call it a bug.

large mapsize 9 enemies (all kilmorph and basium didnt get angels from them either)

Top Bottom