Screenshots of the actions list. Idk a good way to directly attach images here

Attachments

• Screenshot (60).png
    Screenshot (60).png
    85.7 KB · Views: 267
  • Screenshot (62).png
    Screenshot (62).png
    76.6 KB · Views: 90
Host thoughts of game balance and item balance.

Yeah this was kinda townsided. Should have removed bus driver at least probably. This might have been the most townsided setup that we had on our list, even more than our 17p setup. I think that that's just the end of the discussion on this end, independent of item involvement, which is another tale I guess. One-shot vig, doc that can't protect 2x in a row, and cop feels more fine at least for a 16er.

Now as for items, the original intent was that they would be relatively low impact mechanically, while still having an impact on the game. We had five selected before we knew how many players we had (releasing up to Day Nine), but for this game only decided to release four, a track (which was supposed to be the mechanical cream of the crop), a message, a bodyguard, and a tree-stumperizer. We assumed going into this that every item would almost definetely be going to town, and we were actively hoping that the game would enter LYLO and the megaphone would be distributed successfully. What we weren't anticipating was how effectively the items were used. This setup was somewhat townsided to begin with, but we weren't expecting the impact that the items had, and had pretty much designed for the opposite. For the track specifically, we had thought that it was possible, though unlikely, that a clear could have been generated that would have relevance to the late game. What we were not expecting when designing this was that bodyguard would have the impact that it did, pretty much ending the game for mafia. What we thought was going to happen was one TRed player dying in place of another, not probably the second most eliminatable town (Winston and Syn would be clear in F4, Nutella cleared Syn plus there was dead framer, Marcher was pretty clear to and had cleared Winston, so that probs leaves Hollowkatt in that slot, though you'd have to argue Hollow's case that mafia shot TGT to "clear" him, you'd still also have to do the same to argue Marcher was the last maf) at that point in the game dying in place of the cop. I think that it was unlikely that Daisy would have been exiled before Marcher Jovian or Hollowkatt, however, mafia winning was definetely possible had bodyguard not existed.

Also, we probs should have told mafia that there was a bus driver, even though none of them claimed it. That's also on us

Another thing to note was that during a time that we had decided on the setup semi-open (though not the roles), we were also considering making this super PR heavy

Screenshots of the actions list. Idk a good way to directly attach images here
imgcode + imgur

or imgcode with the image link from above inside

Spoiler :

Edit: and I recommend spoiler tags, whichever option you choose

gg everyone! sorry for mailing it in the last few days but the game seemed pretty won and i was okay with being part of the poe if i had to be

@Nutella @Villager @Marcher Jovian towncore forever my friends

@hollowkatt good playing with you as v/v, solid play and pr use!

thanks hosts for hosting, excellent game and good work on flavor

serious props to rakkoon and johanna for being so positive and fun to play with even when we were yeeting you for lack of better options

synensa nicely played after the sub, also very enjoyable despite not being in the most pleasant situation

@DaisyCloud

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge respeck for looking a red check directly in the face as the final mafioso and not quitting, simply calmly saying how you could be innocent, and continuing play.

That poker face! That poker face!!!!

I had you as a wolf for much of the game. Then I saw that and I was like.... wow. That's uh, a great reaction to a hard claim of a red check. Maybe I was wrong.

Look, when you're bluffing me and it's kinda working, you're amazeballs. I wasn't playing but I was keeping my eye out.

Carrying after your team gettin curb stomped and just no flinch at all. Wow.

I don't even care about the result, the performance itself was good. Town power roles a bit OP this game perhaps, also, nothing you can do when town wins at night chess and also with day votes creating lots of townies spewed. You can't single handedly turn the tide.

Don't look at the result, look at how much respeck you're getting. In another setting with nerfed town PRs and fewer goats guessing right, you probably win with no difference in your play.

Woooooot!

Also, town's been stomping lately, after a bunch of mafia stomps in a row. That pendulum has swung back. Now people maybe won't look at a town rand and consider it an auto loss. Keep it up folkses!

Can't believe we had a w/w race on D1. :lol:

Top Bottom