Animal Cruelty

Its just a dog, unless its yours I wouldn't get too worked up over it.

Its just a dog, unless its yours I wouldn't get too worked up over it.

Same goes for women in the middle east, right?

Interesting :) Will read up. Without reading though it would seem that there could be partisan views in some of the sites you posted, such as pet-abuse. A logical relation between all kinds of violence would exist anyway, although imo violence done to animals is too different from violence to humans to be considered as a stepping stone to that. Sadistic urges of course can exist in both..

Same goes for women in the middle east, right?

Well I've never met any middle eastern women, so one getting thrown of a cliff wont really affect me.

Interesting :) Will read up. Without reading though it would seem that there could be partisan views in some of the sites you posted, such as pet-abuse.

Those were the first results from google 'link between animal cruelty and murder' - and one is a journal artice, another an 'online encyclopedia' entry. I'm sure you could find information on wiki as well and you will find the overall body of evidence irrefutable.

It's no giant leap of logic or intellect to see the implications of industrial meat production.

As much as I agree with you about the link between animal abuse and psychopathy, I think you're going overboard here.

The original post to which we refer seems to propose that unless the object of abuse is your own, one needs not be concerned. I find the same attitude towards human rights abuses to be common. It's another dimension of the stepping stones to cruelty, neglect, cowardice and abuse:

1) If it's not my dog, who cares.
2) If it's not my people, who cares.
3) ?
4) Profit.

The original post, to which we refer, seems to propose that unless the object of abuse is your own, one needs not be concerned. I find the same attitude towards human rights abuses to be common. It's another dimension of the stepping stones to cruelty, neglect, cowardice, and abuse:

1) If it's not my dog, who cares.

2) If it's not my people, who cares.

3) ?

4) Profit.

the only question is if it was SOMEONE's dog...if there is no human with an emotional link to that dog, noone could possibly care...
no tears to be shed over a friggin dog...

and stop comparing humans with animals...

and stop comparing humans with animals...

Look, I'm not some social ****** who thinks my pet is my friend (or child!) and I don't have any anthroprojection issues, but life is life - and it's sacred no matter the form. One's disregard for it is a matter of steps.

The guys a jackass that needs a good smack. But some people are getting far to worked up about this, he's probably got some serious problems from seeing/causing to much Human death.

Look, I'm not some social ****** who thinks my pet is my friend (or child!) and I don't have any anthroprojection issues, but life is life - and it's sacred no matter the form. One's disregard for it is a matter of steps.

it's certainly not ok to kill animals for fun, but it certainly isnt a big issue either...
life is not life, theres human life and there's that of the mosquito i just killed because i couldnt stand the noise...

but life is life - and it's sacred no matter the form. One's disregard for it is a matter of steps.

Vast debate, there.
My opinion is that all life is not equal, and all life is not sacred.

There is an obvious hierarchy that can roughly be summed up as:
mammals > vertebrates > invertebrates > vegetals > fungi > monocellular organisms.

There is an obvious hierarchy that can roughly be summed up as:
mammals > vertebrates > invertebrates > vegetals > fungi > monocellular organisms.
So, few people are ecocentric. No suprise for me.

But please recognize that without those "lowly" monocellular organisms, all life on earth would cease to exist and that indifference towards them leads to indifference towards one's fellow man. Or don't, I won't be shocked - Most people think they exist by divine ordain and not upon the backs of "lesser" organisms.

You are a victim of the ultimate 'us and them'. They are the others, and not worthy of respect. Someday, you will see that we are them - products of our environment, no more and no less.

But please recognize that without those "lowly" monocellular organisms, all life on earth would cease to exist and that indifference towards them leads to indifference towards one's fellow man. Or don't, I won't be shocked.

All I'm saying is that I'm pretty confident you do not show the same respect to a dog than you do to a germ, or a weed. You're outraged when someone tortures a dog but I don't think you're outraged when someone goes mushroom hunting.
That has nothing to do with acknowledgments of the role every living organism play in the biosphere. I was talking about you saying " all life is sacred".

That has nothing to do with acknowledgments of the role every living organism play in the biosphere. I was talking about you saying " all life is sacred".
And "non"-living organisms (rocks, water, air, electrons). I'm Zen/animist like that. We are one; I don't abuse myself.

But please recognize that without those "lowly" monocellular organisms, all life on earth would cease to exist and that indifference towards them leads to indifference towards one's fellow man. Or don't, I won't be shocked - Most people think they exist by divine ordain and not upon the backs of "lesser" organisms.

You are a victim of the ultimate 'us and them'. They are the others, and not worthy of respect. Someday, you will see that we are them - products of our environment, no more and no less.

yeah everything has a role... that's how it is, i dont want to change that...
and i dont want to extinct mosquitos and flowers, but i can kill them without feeling like a murderer (in the case of the flower i may not even recognise i killed it)
just because i kill a mosquito doesnt mean i dont "respect" (i acknowledge that it is so) their role in the ecosystem/universe...

btw how is your zenbuddhism compatible with your beliefs on terrorists and statements like this:

Originally Posted by Ecofarm
...10 bucks says those kids were destined to become criminals or henchmen at best and famine victims or suicide bombers at worst. Let me get my tear bucket....

btw how is your zenbuddhism compatible with your beliefs on terrorists and statements like this:

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Ecology and sociology are cruel gods indeed. It doesn't mean I value the slum-dwelling terrorist serfs of Islam any less than a mosquito - but I'm not crying about it.

Top Bottom