Animal spawns

Rmi

Warlord
The last few games 0 Bisons and buffalo have spawned. None in the game at all from any plot.

Often there are plots with an animal resource that never spawns there, but they at least pop up on the map somewhere at some point. In the case of bison and buffalo it really seems they are unable to spawn anywhere. (with like a dozen bison spots on the map).

It really seems spawnrates are bugged for those.

1st things 1st, What Map? You Must tell us the Map used and in some cases the settings of that map.

All spawns are dependent upon the Map. And the Maps vary because of the mapmakers set up for the map.

I see. I use 2c2_world i believe, i'll go look it up.

Animal spawns are solely dependent on the CIV4SpawnInfos.XML file you use. This needs to be the one that matches the map.

The default one matches any random map in principle. However most animals are spawned in regions matching Earth where 180 degrees East/West are the left and right edges of the map. If the resource is not in the correct region for the animal then it wont spawn.

In the default spawn file the Bison resource is used to spawn Bison in North America region, Wildebeast in the African region and Water Buffalo in the Asian region. (I think the antelope type animals can spawn on the deer resource because of the song :lol:)

I did start doing some work on the map scripts to limit where the resources were placed but I think I only got so far as to do Kangaroos, Guinea Pigs and Llamas. Replacing Deer, Bison, Rabbits where appropriate in Oceania and South America and replacing Kangaroo, Guinea Pig and Llama resources that spawned outside those areas also. I think I allowed Bison (Water Buffalo) in the very north of Oceania to represent South East Asia.

edit it is not possible to limit where resources are placed on the map by region except by distance from the equator, ie tropical, temperate and polar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom