Animal tamer complex

Rmi

Warlord
I love this building, yet somehow i can't make them.

I researched the right techs, got all possible building materials and myths but it just isn't in the list.

And it was there yesterday on my old savegame. I just went back a few thousands years to do better, but now i can't have my precious tamed animal herds. =(

Did anything happen in the SVN or something?

This has changed 3-4 times over its history. The various buildings have no more than a tech requirement but the animals have multiple requirements.

The current aim is

Breading Pair available at the correct domestication tech plus a special building - dogs need kennels, horses/camels/donkeys/... need the herd.

Trained/Tamed animals available at Specialization but need the Animal Training Complex plus other buildings - I think horses need stable and horse farm (which requires horses in the vicinity).

Trained is more for domesticated animals and Tamed for others. Amphibians need the Complex and the Amphibian Pond; reptiles the Complex and the Reptile Cage/Enclosure/Habitat.​

Amphibians need the Complex and the Amphibian Pond; reptiles the Complex and the Reptile Cage/Enclosure/Habitat.
I'm finding these sometimes hard to get. As I mentioned before we need an early source of poison from Dart Frogs versus poisonous snakes only. Sometimes you can not subdue enough snakes to get poison, because snakes are not prevalent enough on the Map selected. And Dart Frogs can be rare too. So if you lose out on Poison and another Empire gets luck and gets it then you are in trouble.

Of course the Poison Promotion is an OP Promotion for the most part. So if you can get it your armies are superior early game.

Don't you need just one snake to be able to build tamed snakes? I was pissed last time because after I subdued one (python), no others appeared, but after building the Complex I was able to get as many snakes as I pleased and could build the Snake Pit. Eventhough I never encountered a venemous snake :)

Don't you need just one snake to be able to build tamed snakes? I was pissed last time because after I subdued one (python), no others appeared, but after building the Complex I was able to get as many snakes as I pleased and could build the Snake Pit. Eventhough I never encountered a venemous snake :)
You need the first for the snake charmer and the second for the snake pit and it is funny because non-venemous snakes can qualify for either one. I'll clean that up a bit at a later date when I really focus in on poisons.

You need the first for the snake charmer and the second for the snake pit and it is funny because non-venemous snakes can qualify for either one. I'll clean that up a bit at a later date when I really focus in on poisons.
Pythons can't make the second even though many people have requested it. In fact I thought only venomous snakes could build the second.

Pythons can't make the second even though many people have requested it. In fact I thought only venomous snakes could build the second.
At one point they could. Perhaps you've changed it. Haven't seen if they can either way in a while due to limited capture experiences with pythons in recent games.

I don't know what the real deal is with snakes anymore except they are harder to get. And they are the Only source of Poison early game. This Needs fixed impo.

So let me get this straight... There are not enough snakes on our plains?

I can't recall a game where I wasn't able to get enough snakes... including recent playtests. Perhaps there's just a couple of biomes (or map scripts) that have an issue with this. Spawns by biomes by continents would be a nice way to improve on this sort of thing I guess.

We don't have the same "plains". And yes even in my newest game snakes are less prominent than they were back in v34, 35. I don't make maps. I just play on them.

EDIT: And game set up Options dealing with animals can be a variable as well.
EDIT2: And why is it every time we get a new batch of players they All want to change the Mod? Bug reports aside, and are of course what we look for, but everyone wants something different or changed. And there is No realization that their "wants" are causing massive distractions and slowdowns to the jobs already under construction.

Let's not overlook the lol on this though. That was funny right there.

I've not had a "funny" weekend. Nor a last week either..........and this one has not started off to great......

I've not had a "funny" weekend. Nor a last week either..........and this one has not started off to great......
Sorry to hear that. I know you've been under the weather for a bit lately. I don't know if this applies to you but there seems to also be another rash of tragedies hitting a lot of the good folks of the mod team, past and present. I hope things get better for ya.

In my last game I had an over abundance of snakes. So many that I was using the extra ones to make reptile enclosures in my new cities (after building the snake building first). Other times I get enough for one city.

As far as I can tell you only really need the buildings in one city anyway, your military base.

Poison is a resource right? So you should need only 1 snake pit anywhere in order to build a poison crafter everywhere?

Poison is a resource right? So you should need only 1 snake pit anywhere in order to build a poison crafter everywhere?

Yes it's a resource. And yes to the 2nd question. But if you want to Trade Poison you Must have at least one more resource spot/source, else you trade your Only resource away. Bad Idea to trade your only source of Poison away. Poison crafter huts do Not provide another source.

Never thought about trading it. That might actually be a good idea, you can help your allies, or incite some far away enemy to go bonk his neighbours.

Top Bottom