1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Animated Time of Day never changes?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by King Phaedron, Sep 8, 2019.

1. King Phaedron

King Phaedron Chieftain

Hi, I am new to both Civ 6 and Gathering Storm, which I now have, and am setting up. I noticed you can set the animated time of day, which gives you a sense of day and night via lightning.

BUT it doesn't seem to change. I played a game last night and it stayed night all the time. Today as I type this it is 2:55 PM where I live, and the Animated Time of Day is still set to 11 PM from last night.

Is there a way to make it so that it changes based on the actual time of day, or just changes in the game? Or do I just have to constantly go into options and shift the time between night and day when I feel like seeing one or the other.

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

There is an option in the settings that allows either the fixed time of your choice or variable time of day.

3. King Phaedron

King Phaedron Chieftain

Well that's great, would you care to tell me where it is, because I can't find it anywhere.

Since it's affecting the "Animated Time of Day," you'd think it would be there on the same page, but it's not.
    There are no options anywhere else that have anything to do with Time.

4. Buni0ns

Buni0ns Warlord

5. SirWill90

SirWill90 Warlord

Not at my PC at the moment but you check the option “Animated Time of Day” and it should vary between light and dark every so often without your having to do anything else. If you move the slider to a certain time it seems to stay at that light level.