1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anno Domini: Cities in Development version

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Rob (R8XFT), Jun 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

What do you get if you cross the Anno Domini mod with JFD's excellent "Cities in Development" mod? Anno Domini: Cities in Development!!

This is the next step for Anno Domini, which has had the Community Patch most recent version incorporated into it plus the Colonies, Crimes, Happiness, Health, Investments, Loyalty and Slavery elements of CID placed into it and amended for use in the Anno Domini world.

Unfortunately, this has meant that I've removed the existing Health and Plague and Slavery systems, but only because the CID versions integrate with other elements of CID.

Now, it's playtest time (and hopefully some help with a few lua bits, that are seemingly not affecting gameplay). I have reduced the issues on the database log to virtually nothing (I've had trouble getting to the bottom of a couple of non-gameplay-affecting issues - maybe you could help with this?).

Please note that I would advise you delete your existing version of Anno Domini to do this playtest (and unsubscribe from Steam). You can always resubscribe/redownload if you want to go back to the previous version; this will ultimately take over as the new download/subscription.

I am placing the downloads in the second post. At the moment the civilization packs only includes Anno Domini Ancient Britain, but will have other packs added soon. The reason for not uploading the others just yet is that I'm removing any issues they have that fall onto the database log. It shouldn't take that long to add more. I can't guarantee that the packs used previously will still work as I've shuffled some stuff around.

When launching the mod, you'll need the Anno Domini main game, Anno Domini art files and Anno Domini Cities in Development activated, along with at least one civilization pack.

2. Rob (R8XFT)

3. Rob (R8XFT)

Known issues

Balance issue: The happiness element seems to make the very early wonders incredibly cheap.
    Policies issue: The Health policy tree needs some attention; as I've taken FramedArchitect's Health and Plague out of the mod, I've not been able to update the Health tree policies properly.

Resolved issues
    Lua issue: Under Cities in Development/Shared/Lua/UI/Overrides/Tooltips, I've disabled the InfoTooltipInclude.lua file (i.e. set VFS=false). With it enabled, it was impossible to select anything to build, so perhaps a lua expert could please take a glance at this and see if they can shed some light on the matter. Resolved: JFD has updated the InfoTooltipInclude.lua file and now it works perfectly. Thanks JFD!

4. Rob (R8XFT)

Loyalty element
    Spoiler :

Crime element
    Spoiler :

Health element
    Spoiler :

New Gladys of the Coritani leader screen
    Spoiler :

5. Aheadatime

Aheadatime Prince

The art for that leader screen is amazing.

6. Rob (R8XFT)

Thank-you!!

The "Anno Domini: Fertile Crescent" civilization pack is now available to download....

[EDIT]...as is the "Anno Domini: Ancient Greeks" civilization pack.

7. Ixor_Drakar

Ixor_Drakar Warlord

Been awhile since I played Anno, CID is a perfect fit. Started up as Mitanni, didnt get any music after their theme was done. CTD after the event for a free magistrate.

Attached Files:

• Logs.7z
      File size:
      76 KB
      Views:
  8. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

1. This error in the database.log
      Code:
      [303029.484] near "==": syntax error
      is related to this in StopWatch file:
      Code:
      [303029.484] , 	Update Database - XML/GameInfo/UnitGameplay2DScripts.sql, 0.000389
      And reveals this error in the 1st line of the file Anno Domini (v 2)\XML\GameInfo/UnitGameplay2DScripts.sql:
      Code:
      ===================================
      There are no leading "--" in the line to make it into a comment.
    2. This error in the database.log
      Code:
      [303034.359] near "3": syntax error
      Code:
      [303034.359] ,	Update Database - Components/Health/Core/Health_Buildings.sql, 0.022800
      And would appear to track to this typo (highlighted in red) in the file Anno Domini Cities in Development (v 1)\Components\Health\Core/Health_Buildings.sql:
      Code:
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      -- Building_BuildingClassYieldChanges
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      INSERT INTO Building_BuildingClassYieldChanges		
      		(BuildingType, 					BuildingClassType,			YieldType,					YieldChange)
      SELECT	'BUILDING_HANGING_GARDEN',		'BUILDINGCLASS_GARDEN',		'YIELD_JFD_HEALTH',			1
      WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM JFD_GlobalUserSettings WHERE Type = 'JFD_CID_HEALTH_WONDER_CHANGES_HANGING_GARDENS' AND Value = 1);[b][color="red"]3[/color][/b]
      I haven't looked in JFD's mod to see if this is a whoops you inherited or a typo you introduced.
      • Note that there might be further errors lower down in the same file. Top-down processing ceases at the first fatal within an SQL file.
    3. This error in the database.log
      Code:
      [303043.562] near "==": syntax error
      Code:
      [303043.562] ,	Update Database - XML/Gameplay/MercenariesSupport.sql, 0.000578
      And demonstrates the same missing "--" in the first line of the Anno Domini Fertile Crescent (v 1)\XML\Gameplay/MercenariesSupport.sql file within the Fertile Crescent civs-pack as was missing in the 1st file mentioned.
    4. I'm betting there are similar missing "--" errors in the beginning of comment lines within other SQL files because I think I got more than the 3 errors mentioned when I looked into things last weekend. It would be a fair bet for every such error
      Code:
      near "==": syntax error
      that appears within the database log.

9. Rob (R8XFT)

Thanks guys! I've now been able to track down those pesky bits at the beginning of the database log that I previously wasn't sure about, so I very much appreciate this!

I'm aware that the events file can occasionally cause a CTD, but if the game is reloaded, then it normally continues without any problems. I'm not sure why the music ends after the initial Mitanni music; that's always been the case for a few civs and hopefully someone can shed some light on this?

It's noticeable from the XML logs that several units have no gameplay sounds. I presume I can resolve this by adding this units to this file:
    Code:
    --===================================	
    -- UnitGameplay2DScripts
    --==========================================================================================================================		
    INSERT INTO UnitGameplay2DScripts 	
    			(UnitType, 					SelectionSound, FirstSelectionSound)
    SELECT		('UNIT_ABBASID_MAMELUKE'), 	SelectionSound, FirstSelectionSound
    FROM UnitGameplay2DScripts WHERE (UnitType = 'UNIT_CHARIOT_ARCHER');	

(UnitType, 							SelectionSound, FirstSelectionSound)
    SELECT		('UNIT_BARBARIAN_HORSEMAN'), 	SelectionSound, FirstSelectionSound
    FROM UnitGameplay2DScripts WHERE (UnitType = 'UNIT_HORSEMAN');	

(UnitType, 							SelectionSound, FirstSelectionSound)
    SELECT		('UNIT_BATTLECART'), 	SelectionSound, FirstSelectionSound
    FROM UnitGameplay2DScripts WHERE (UnitType = 'UNIT_CHARIOT_ARCHER');	
    Back to the events crash, the story seems to be in the XML log. Not sure how to resolve it though...any ideas anyone? It is 4 o'clock in the morning here, so perhaps that's the problem!!

10. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

That should cure the problem for no sounder on unit selection or unit birth, though what actually happens is that the default sounder (Barb Brute Noise) is used when nothing is specified under table UnitGameplay2DScripts for a particular unit.

Not sure if this sort of thing is related to E&D problems or if it is a direct part of CP (Vox ConfusedNaming ?):
    Code:
    [303058.093] ERROR: gc.getNumEventInfos <= 0
    [303058.093] ERROR: gc.getNumEventChoiceInfos <= 0
    [303058.093] ERROR: gc.getNumCityEventInfos <= 0
    [303058.093] ERROR: gc.getNumCityEventChoiceInfos <= 0
    [303058.093] ERROR: gc.getNumCorporationInfos <= 0
    I was under the impression that CP was adding its own version of E&D (or was that the fullblown version of CBP that was using its own version of E&D ?).

--------------------------------------

edit --> plus, if it is 4am there I think it is more than time for Anno Slumberi

11. Rob (R8XFT)

I saw something in relation to Events and Decisions within the CP, so I need to investigate further. There is an on/off tickbox for events in the start-up menu, so maybe.

In terms of Anno Slumberi, it's a case of no-can-do. I've had my Anno Slumberi, but now it's time for Anno Go-to-work-i; an hour's walk before starting at 6am!

12. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Do you have the specific error code, Rob? I could take a look and see what's up. I did fix some Lua errors resulting from the release of the June ??th CP. You might've missed the CID update I released yesterday/day before that fixed these errors. Here's the latest InfoTooltipInclude if you want to try it.

13. Rob (R8XFT)

Thank-you! With the new version of the InfoTooltipInclude, it all works perfectly!

Has anyone tried the mod at this stage?

14. Rob (R8XFT)

Here is the Legendary civilizations pack, comprising the Amazons, Colchis, Ithaca, Lydia, Minoa, Mycenae and Troy.

However, there are a couple of issues in the database logs. I know where the issues arise, but cannot understand what the problem actually is. Could any of you brilliant modders help me out here please?

Database log:
    Code:
    [879.312] column Type is not unique
    [879.312] 
    [879.312] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Units('Class', 'Type', 'PrereqTech', 'Combat', 'Cost', 'FaithCost', 'RequiresFaithPurchaseEnabled', 'Moves', 'HurryCostModifier', 'CombatClass', 'Domain', 'DefaultUnitAI', 'Description', 'Civilopedia', 'Strategy', 'Help', 'MilitarySupport', 'MilitaryProduction', 'Pillage', 'AdvancedStartCost', 'XPValueAttack', 'XPValueDefense', 'Conscription', 'ObsoleteTech', 'GoodyHutUpgradeUnitClass', 'UnitArtInfo', 'UnitFlagAtlas', 'UnitFlagIconOffset', 'IconAtlas', 'PortraitIndex') with  values (UNITCLASS_DORYPHOROS, UNIT_HEQETAI, TECH_BRONZE_WORKING, 15, 80, 160, 1, 2, 20, UNITCOMBAT_MELEE, DOMAIN_LAND, UNITAI_COUNTER, TXT_KEY_UNIT_HEQETAI, TXT_KEY_CIV5_HEQETAI_TEXT, TXT_KEY_UNIT_HEQETAI_STRATEGY, TXT_KEY_UNIT_HEQETAI_HELP, 1, 1, 1, 20, 3, 3, 1, TECH_LOGISTICS, UNITCLASS_SPEARMAN, ART_DEF_UNIT_HEQETAI, ANNO_LEGENDS_UNIT_ALPHA_ATLAS, 2, ANNO_LEGENDS_ATLAS, 50, ).
    [879.312] In XMLSerializer while updating table Units from file XML/Gameplay/Units.xml.
    [879.312] column Type is not unique
    [879.421] column Type is not unique
    [879.421] no such column: Defense
    Stopwatch:
    Code:
    [879.312] , 					Update Database - XML/Gameplay/Units.xml, 0.024654
    [879.312] , 					Update Database - XML/Gameplay/Units.xml, 0.000703
    [879.421] , 					Update Database - XML/Units/MycenaeUnits.sql, 0.005892
    [879.421] , 					Update Database - XML/Units/TrojanUnits.sql, 0.001211
    [879.421] , 					Update Database - Decisions/Mycenae/MycenaeDecisions.sql, 0.000906
    [879.421] , 					Update Database - Decisions/Mycenae/MycenaeDecisions.xml, 0.012309
    [879.421] , 					Update Database - Decisions/Troy/TrojanDecisions.sql, 0.000308

15. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

Code:
          <UpdateDatabase>XML/Gameplay/Units.xml</UpdateDatabase>
          <UpdateDatabase>XML/Gameplay/Units.xml</UpdateDatabase>
    Gotta go on an errand. Won't have time to look into the other other issues for a couple of hours. But 1st thing I'd look through the modinfo file for additiional such goofs.

And I'd look through the stopwatch-listed files with ~421 as the timestamp for use of a column called "Defense". "Find" function with Notepad on each suspect file, or use something like AgentRansack to look through all files in the mod.

16. Ixor_Drakar

Ixor_Drakar Warlord

Has the main download been updated?

17. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

From: Anno Domini Legendary civilizations (v 1)\Decisions\Mycenae\MycenaeDecisions.sql:
    Code:
    --==========================================================================================================================
    -- DecisionsAddin_Support
    CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS DecisionsAddin_Support(FileName);
    INSERT INTO DecisionsAddin_Support (FileName) VALUES ('MycenaeDecisions.lua');
    -- Policies
    INSERT INTO Policies 
    			(Type, 										Description) 
    VALUES		('POLICY_DECISIONS_CYCLOPEAN_WALLS',	 	    'TXT_KEY_DECISIONS_CYCLOPEAN_WALLS');

UPDATE Policies
    	SET [COLOR="Red"]Defense[/COLOR] = 500
    	WHERE Type = 'POLICY_DECISIONS_CYCLOPEAN_WALLS';
    -- Policy_BuildingClassCultureChanges
    INSERT INTO Policy_BuildingClassCultureChanges 
    			(PolicyType, 									BuildingClassType,				CultureChange)
    VALUES 		('POLICY_DECISIONS_CYCLOPEAN_WALLS', 			'BUILDINGCLASS_PALISADE',	 		1);
    There's no such column in table Policies as Defense.

If the Mycenae were imported from another mod, perhaps the author of that mod added the column to table Policies and you simply missed it? But if so they'd also have to have an associated lua or something to implement such an alteration to table Policies.

----------------------------------------------------------

These two errors are going to be harder to chase down:
    Code:
    They seem to be coming from these two files (there is probably one each 'uniqueness violation' in each file), but blessed so far if I can see the repeats:
    Code:
    [879.421] , 	Update Database - XML/Units/MycenaeUnits.sql, 0.005892
    [879.421] , Update Database - XML/Units/TrojanUnits.sql, 0.001211

18. Rob (R8XFT)

No it hasn't. I've left the Anno Domini v23 intact (pre-Cities in Development); there's been no change to the uploads in this thread yet.

Lee, thanks for the help.

Moderator Action: Thread closed; this addition has now been added to the main upload in the modpacks section.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.