Anno Domini Classic

Rob (R8XFT)

Ancient Briton
Retired Moderator
Title.jpg

Anno Domini Classic is finally here after a heck of a long time in the making. For the uninitiated, it contains 31 ancient and medieval civilizations, each with their own flavour units (including one unique unit), flavour buildings and wonders. Some of the civilizations have unique citizens too.

Download Anno Domini Classic.

There is also an expansion pack; the full information on "A different dawn" is available here.

UPDATE 25/02/10: This patch covers all issues mentioned in this thread (until March 6th 2010 of course!) and also includes the files from earlier versions of the patch.

Download patch v2.01

The latest BIQs for both "Anno Domini Classic" and "A different dawn" are attached below; the patch above has been updated to include these BIQs on 6th March 2010.

Attachments

• Updated BIQs 6th March 2010.rar
    107 KB · Views: 1,006
Last edited by a moderator:
Civs in the mod with their traits (note that the traits have been re-worked ;)):

Anglo-Saxons (Industrious/Organised)
Athens (Seafaring/Scientific)
Brigantia (Agricultural/Industrious)
Byzantines (Industrious/Spiritual)
Carthage (Organised/Seafaring)
Celtiberians (Spiritual/Stable)
Chola (Seafaring/Warlike)
Corinth (Organised/Philosophical)
Dacia (Organised/Stable)
Egypt (Industrious/Spiritual)
Etruria (Seafaring/Stable)
Florence (Seafaring/Spiritual)
Gauls (Agricultural/Spiritual)
Goths (Stable/Warlike)
Harappa (Agricultural/Organised)
Huns (Organised, Warlike)
Hyksos (Spiritual/Warlike)
Iceni (Industrious/Philosophical)
Illyria (Agricultural/Seafaring)
Jutes (Industrious, Seafaring)
Kushan (Organised/Spiritual)
Macedonia (Philosophical/Warlike)
Maurya (Philosophical/Spiritual)
Nabataea (Organised/Religious)
Norse (Seafaring/Warlike)
Nubia (Agricultural, Warlike)
Persia (Philosophical/Stable)
Rome (Industrious/Stable)
Serbia (Agricultural/Stable)
Scots (Agricultural/Philosophical)
Sparta (Industrious, Warlike)

Credits (this will be updated; if you're not here, but have contributed, please post).

Buildings: Bjornlo, Lusikka755, mrtn, ogedei, Plotinus, R8XFT, Ronning, Supa, SWalker, Ukas, Varwnos
Cities: Aion, Arne, RedAlert, Yoda Power
Civ colours: Rhye
Leaderheads: embryodead, R8XFT
Popheads: R8XFT, Yoda Power
Tech icons: Ares, Blue Monkey, Frenchman, R8XFT, mrtn, utro43
Terrain: Ares, Pounder
Units: aaglo, Aluminium, BeBro, Bjornlo, CamJH, CivArmy s1994, Dease, Dom Pedro II, embryodead, JimmyH, Kinboat, Kindred72, Kryten, micaelus, NavyDawg, odintheking, Olorin0222, Orthanc, Plotinus, Quinzy, Sandris, ShiroKobbure, Steph, R8XFT, utahjazz7, Virote Considon

Credit also goes to Blue Monkey for tons of info on the Indian civs!

Congrats! You've finally made it. [party] Now to change your sig...

edit: did I post too soon?

Nice, I'll have to try it out. :)

But I have to ask, is there some new units that wasn't released in the beta versions? ;)

Credits (this will be updated; if you're not here, but have contributed, please post).

Leaderheads: embryodead, R8XFT
Units: aaglo, Bebro, Bjornlo, embryodead, JimmyH, Kinboat, michaelus, Plotinus, Quinzy, Sandris, R8XFT, utahjazz7
Buildings: Bjornlo, mrtn, ogedei, Plotinus, R8XFT, varwnos
Terrain: Ares
Tech icons: Ares, Blue Monkey, R8XFT, mrtn, utro43

Credit also goes to Blue Monkey for tons of info on the Indian civs and to RedAlert for all the city graphics!
Well RedAlert didn't make all the city graphics, because one era was done by me and Aion atleast. The African cities were mostly done by Arne I believe. You can also add me in on popheads. ;)

Nice, I'll have to try it out. :)

But I have to ask, is there some new units that wasn't released in the beta versions? ;)
There are some new units - but only ones that are available here on the forums. I put in some new Serbian units and added to the Serbian advantages that their era four units didn't require resources. Some of Sandris' units were used - including the Spartan ones (mostly replacing mine - but Sandris' units were better after all), the Agrianian peltast and the Illyrian bowman. The small broad swordsman is now out of the mod.

Additionally, I worked through the feedback and dealt with it accordingly - I believe that the resources are now sorted out, the pollution icon should now show in the cities, the unit upgrades should now work better (except for slave workers, who should now not upgrade), Mahajanapada has low war weariness, the couple of "file not found" issues are resolved and the various issues surrounding archer units not having ROF/bombard have been addressed.

Well RedAlert didn't make all the city graphics, because one era was done by me and Aion atleast. The African cities were mostly done by Arne I believe. You can also add me in on popheads. ;)
You're right - I'll amend the credits post accordingly.

Do you still want error reports - like the erroneous listing of the Harappan traits in the 'pedia - or are you well & truly done?
Yes, please feed any errors in. I'm a little annoyed with myself for missing that one! I feel a "pedia patch" coming when the uploads system is back ;).

Yayy! That came out of the blue. This one should run and run.
Let's hope so!

There is a mistake in the Tribal Council pedia. It says that there is still a tile penalty, but there isn't. (A nice surprise I might add)

There is a mistake in the Tribal Council pedia. It says that there is still a tile penalty, but there isn't. (A nice surprise I might add)
Thanks for feeding this in. Out of interest, should I amend the pedia entry to indicate that there isn't a tile penalty or make it so that there is?

Quite a few people have now downloaded the new version; how are you finding it so far? Any interesting games played yet?

Thanks for feeding this in. Out of interest, should I amend the pedia entry to indicate that there isn't a tile penalty or make it so that there is?

Quite a few people have now downloaded the new version; how are you finding it so far? Any interesting games played yet?
No tile penalty please! In my play experience that's the main motivation for researching Tribal Council early on.

I am just downloading your mod+ patch but to be honest:it's confusing that I have to wait 4 minutes for a 315kb file. To me it dosn't really matter as I have also to wait the same time for the 355mb mod...

Top Bottom