Anno Domini: Gathering Storm edition

Discussion in 'Anno Domini' started by Rob (R8XFT), Feb 14, 2019.

1. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Anno Domini: Gathering Storm edition is now available on Steam.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1655044827

It's massive and has had a serious update!! There's now 30 built-in civilizations with an updated tech and civics tree, much more content and it's a Gathering Storm version!!

At the moment, I've only time to inform you all and drop the Steam link for the mod, due to work commitments. Over the next couple of days, I aim to fill in some more information here. Just thought you'd all want to know.

Anno Domini: Gathering Storm works as a complete mod, but I'm far from finished with it. There are some items that are incomplete, e.g. Historic Moment graphics, and some things we need to think about - e.g. Great Musicians etc and how that works in an Anno Domini world. In the meantime though, have fun!!

Sandris likes this.
  2. Rob (R8XFT)

Contributor list. Please let me know if I've missed anyone out.

ChimpanG: Various art, including leaderheads
    Christy15: Civilizations
    Civitas team: Civilizations
    deliverator: units
    JFD: Civilizations
    Gedemo: City states
    JanBoruta: Leader art, icons
    Merrick: Civilizations, improvements
    p0kiehl: City states, buildings, improvements
    Seeling Cat: Civilizations
    Sukritact: Civilizations, units, UI
    TheCrazyScotsman: City states, buildings, improvements
    Tomatekh: Religions
    Wolfdog: units

3. Rob (R8XFT)

4. MrCrowsy

MrCrowsy Chieftain

Hi. I am the one from Steam who couldn't get it to work. I just enabled the logs like you said and started a game with your mod and it still isn't working. What logs do I need to upload?

5. Rob (R8XFT)

Please zip your log folder and upload it here, using "upload a file" which you can find next to "post reply".

6. MrCrowsy

MrCrowsy Chieftain

Ok I just checked that everything is enabled and it is. Thankyou for looking. Logs attached

Attached Files:

• Logs.rar
      File size:
      22.3 KB
      Views:
  7. Rob (R8XFT)

MrCrowsy, I honestly don't know what the issue is after looking at the logs and am really sorry about that. I know I had the same problem with Civ V years ago and I'm trying to think what the resolution was - I think it may have been screen resolution. What do you have it set at?

8. MrCrowsy

MrCrowsy Chieftain

Screen res is 2560x1440x165hz I play on dx12 too. I can get into the game but then all there is, is FOW. The globe in the right corner is spinning saying please wait. And one time the AI seemed to be playing itself but I couldn't see anything. Would the screen Res do this?

9. Rob (R8XFT)

It's worth changing your screen resolution in case this is the problem. Try 1920 x 1080 and see what happens.

10. MrCrowsy

MrCrowsy Chieftain

Tried it, this time I am getting CTD's at 1920x1080. Is there a particular map I have to use. I tend to use the Earth map. Earth TSL doesn't seem to work. Are the civs TSL?. I'm trying to use the other earth map but doesn't work either.

11. Rob (R8XFT)

Could you use the standard sort of maps please, e.g. Pangea or Continents.

12. MrCrowsy

MrCrowsy Chieftain

I found the reason m8. It is the Earth map or the TSL Earth map, both vanilla. Game just won't start with them. I changed my desktop resolution to 1920x1080 at 144hz and the game would not start with either map even got some CTD's. went back in game and chose Continents and it worked straight away. Put it back to my original setup 2560x1440x165hz with borderless window. Setup game as Boudicca, continents and then I put it on huge and game loaded fine, haven't tested actually playing but the looks of it it looks OK.

Is there any plans to make the mod tsl compatible?

13. Rob (R8XFT)

Possibly next release. I work in an "agile" way - so first job was to get a playable version out there, then do the trimmings.

14. MrCrowsy

MrCrowsy Chieftain

Sure, just played a few turns and it looks very good. You can see the hard work you have done. Would be the icing on the cake if the leaders were animated but they do look good, better than vanilla. I know you didn't do the leaders but is there a reason why they do not animate them? There is that mod of an Icelandic leader who is animated and I used think it couldn't be done, lol. I like the Ancient Era so thanks for doing this and can't wait to have a longer session tomorrow.

15. Rob (R8XFT)

MrCrowsy, we're not all Sukritact, that's the thing. Sukritact is a superb artist in real life who has not only the tools but also the capability to create 3D leaderheads. I do not possess such skills - and did do many of the leaders myself.

16. MrCrowsy

MrCrowsy Chieftain

Oh I didn't realise, sorry. The models in the mod are brilliant, really like 'em.

17. Maplehurst

Maplehurst Northern Hermit

Can I augment the request for true start locations?

Civ6 has struggled with scenarios in general, and your new characters are calling out to be played from their true locations.

18. marquiswu

marquiswu Chieftain

Hey, great mod, all I ever wanted Civ to be like ;] So it pains me that I can't get rid off ctd every time I try to go past turn 385, before it crashed on turn 384. I've rolled back 50 turns and tried again and now it crashes at turn 385. Adding logs, maybe you'll manage to find the culprit ;]

Attached Files:

• Logs.rar
      File size:
      134.3 KB
      Views:
  19. Rob (R8XFT)

@Maplehurst - TSL is on the "to do" list.

@marquiswu - Sorry that you had that experience. I'll see if I can get to the bottom of it. I did remove the references to nuclear weapons and power stations in the World Conference, but I wonder if the governor who has a connection to these items is causing the issue....?

20. marquiswu

marquiswu Chieftain

You think a new game would be needed after that for that fix to take effect? Also I had around 37 turns until next world conference when the ctd happens.