1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anno Domini: Gathering Storm edition

Discussion in 'Anno Domini' started by Rob (R8XFT), Feb 14, 2019.

1. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Hi Picrasso - thanks for the interest! I don't know if it's compatible with either of the mods you mentioned, but expect it to work with the 'Better Colours and Icons' mod but not with the 'Unique Districts' mod as that would likely refer to items that were deleted by Anno Domini, causing the mod to crash.

2. DNSavar

DNSavar Chieftain

Here some info and my save game.

Later I will check what happen if a disable a few mods.

My mods:

upload_2020-5-6_13-11-9.png
    upload_2020-5-6_13-11-44.png

My DLC:
    upload_2020-5-6_13-10-8.png

Thanks for your quick answer! :)

Attached Files:

3. Rob (R8XFT)

Obviously, I can't tell if every mod will work with Anno Domini or not, but the general rule of thumb is if they call upon a unit, building, tech, civic, etc that has been deleted by Anno Domini, then it will crash. I think that the UI mods should work.

In terms of Warfare Expanded, it's now changed so that you should play with the Medieval pack disabled, just keep the main "Warfare Expanded Reloaded" enabled.

4. Rob (R8XFT)

Just for information, last month, I had a persistent crash around the 120 - 130 turn mark and could not track it down. I had thought it was connected to a particular building (the monument, which was in a district at the time and using the Asian version). I then worked out that this building had some graphical gusto when you elected to build it, and that it was only when I had witnessed that on-screen that the crash happened. However, it happened every game I played, no matter which civilization I played as.
    It turns out that Nvidia updated the drivers mid-March and I hadn't been informed. Once I downloaded the new driver, everything worked fine.

If anyone is experiencing the same issue, it would be good to cross "drivers needing an update" off the list of potential problems. I didn't think of this whilst frantically trying to get the mod to work...and there was nothing wrong with the mod, it was the Nvidia driver in the end!

5. DNSavar

DNSavar Chieftain

I am not able to load my savegame after I have disabled Warfare Expended:Reloaded. I will see if I crash again... I have verified my drivers but no, I am up to date.
    I will tell you if it fixes my issue.

Thanks!

Edit:
    I removed all mods not mandatory for the mod and I am still crashing (133 turns). Look to be always after the same amount of turns... I really like your mod but man, I don't know what to do!

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  6. Dommi98

Dommi98 Chieftain

My game is crashing as well.

In turn 125 it occured the first time, but with updating NVIDIA drivers I could continue some more turns.
    Now with turn 168 the game crashes during loading.

I used a huge map with 16 leaders + 22 CS.
    Let me know in case more info might be helpful.

Attached Files:

7. DNSavar

DNSavar Chieftain

Hi Rob,

I thought I was ok (I passed the 120-130 turns!) but no, crash at turn 196. I have only required mods, nothing more:
    upload_2020-5-11_0-24-51.png

So, you should be able to load it on your side if you want (no exotic mods you need to download :)). I have added 2 savegames: turn 195 (able to load) and 196(crash) + logs. I hope it will help. Maybe it is the same bug than @Dommi98 ?

Attached Files:

8. Rob (R8XFT)

Thanks for all the saved games everyone. I'll see if I can track this bug down once and for all. It does seem to be happening in the same area of the mod. I've made a specific adjustment and am trying to see how far I get in the game with that in place. It might or might not fix things.

DNSavar likes this.
  9. Rob (R8XFT)

UPDATE: It would seem the persistent crash has been rectified. Having the Granary in the Pottery District looks to have been the culprit. My fix meant that the saved games I'd been sent now work perfectly. Please let me know if it's fixed it for you too - you should be able to play the saved games from before. I've posted a new version with the following changes:
    -Moved the Granary back to the City Centre. The Granary being in the Pottery District was the cause of the persistent crash with the saved games I'd been sent and tested.
    -More leaders move onto the 'four jersey' system.
    -Hemiolia is now a naval melee unit; it was incorrectly set up previously and now it's role within the game - faster but weaker than the Naves actuaria (available with Warfare Expanded for Anno Domini) - is more like it's historical role.
    -Removed Francis Drake as a Great Admiral - he grants a free Privateer, which isn't in Anno Domini, and may have caused a crash.

10. DNSavar

DNSavar Chieftain

Hi Rob, effectively, everything is going fine with your fix. I have enabled all my mods and my savegame is still loading correctly! Thank you very much Rob to keep your mod alive!

If I have other issues later (maybe another building, don't know!) I write you back!
    Thanks!

11. Rob (R8XFT)

Fantastic news!! I'm glad it's working for you now!

12. N35t0r

N35t0r Chieftain

I had the same issue, so thanks for the fix!

Any recommended maps/mapscripts to use?

Also, I think the game is not balanced at all for snail speed, right? Is there a way to play with slightly longer eras? Ideally, getting 2x turns and tech costs, but only slightly increased production costs of stuff? As-is, I can't keep up with developing my cities, and that's with building maybe one wonder per era and only a handful of military units.

13. DNSavar

DNSavar Chieftain

Hey, I just want to report another bug (but less critical than the last one, I am probably able to avoid it by reloading my save game a few turns before): I had a spy in mission (siphoning gold) and he was not able to finish his mission (not killed) and I am stuck with the "choose escape route" button. I click on it and nothing happens.
    upload_2020-5-20_22-33-42.png

14. Rob (R8XFT)

@DNSavar. I might have fixed that in the update below.

Quite a few changes in this update!

The governors have been completely revamped; with new (and original) portraits, there are now eight governors, whose promotions have been re-sorted, with a massive help from Sailor Cat's Gajah Mada and ChimanG's Imhotep (who appears as he does in ChimpanG's mod).
    Warfare Expanded is now a required mod to run alongside Anno Domini - Warfare Expanded for Anno Domini has been demised and the units placed directly in the mod, with the exception of the Rail Chariot, which will come next month. The 'Barbarian' element has not been placed in the mod, by request, and I will endeavour to make this a game mode that can be switched on or off in the near future.
    The various game speeds have been rescaled to fit within the Anno Domini timeframe, which currently ends at 400AD.
    There are some new City-States, principally filling up the Industrial and Cultural City-States roster - there were less of those types previously than the others.
    Two popular civilizations outside of Anno Domini, namely the Sassanids and Hittites, have been added to the 'compatible' list - meaning that if you have them active, they will appear in Anno Domini...and their UUs/UBs etc will match the Anno Domini timeline.
    The icon issue that seems to have been caused by the latest Civilization VI patch has been fixed.
    The 'Disrupt Rocketry' command has been removed from the spy's actions. I'm not sure if this will fix the issue people had with the spies.
    Replaced some text that had 'Ancient' and 'Classical' eras with Anno Domini eras.
    Added Historical Moments for 'Tribal Council' and 'Tyranny' governments...they're not award winners, but are okay as placeholders!
    More players have moved to the four-jersey system.
    Improved existing player colours.
    Improved icons - including unit icons, civilization icons, and Gobekli Tepe.
    Resolved the issue with Brigantia and Iceni citizen names.
    The Barbarian Guard upgrades to the Doryphorus, if captured.
    Resolved the issue with the Shrine and the Temple not being visible in the Holy Site.
    The Thermopolium becomes a Pottery district building.
    The School moves to 'Cuniform' and becomes an Elder District building...giving science a much-needed mini-boost.
    The Campus has moved to 'Writing'.
    The Elder's house moves to 'Calendar' and now has +2 culture, +1 housing and +1 food.
    The Lumber Mill has moved to 'Logistics' - it was too late in the tech tree previously.
    'Woodworking' will now allow chopping of both Forest and Rainforest.
    As part of the revamp, the Punt, Nabataea, Palmyra, Garamantes and Carthage, along with leaders Antonius Pius and Commodus have been taken out of the base game...but they will return when a New Dawn arrives in Anno Domini, on June 21st 2020.

15. Rob (R8XFT)

I've posted a needed update as the Warfare Expanded mod has been updated, which had a knock-on effect to Anno Domini...easily updated, but the mod would not load unless I made the update.
    Civitas' Darius of Persia is now compatible with Anno Domini. If you have subscribed to the mod, it will mean that Darius is available to play in the Anno Domini world.

16. Breadmanjiro

Breadmanjiro Chieftain

Hello, I sadly can't progress past getting the first civic done, as it doesn't allow me to open the government screen regardless of if I try and open it from the top bar, the big bottom right button, or the hotkey, and thus I cannot 'fill policy slot'. Got no other mods. Got all relevant DLC.

17. Rob (R8XFT)

Sorry to hear that, Breadmanjiro….as it's not behaviour that I've seen (or that anyone else has reported), it's difficult to understand why you would have that problem. Really sorry, but if I can't see the behaviour happening, it's not something I can fix. The only thing I can think of is that I've noticed before generally in Civ 6 that some element of the previous game 'sticks' - so I don't know if you've either tried exiting Civ VI, reloading and starting a new game, but are still seeing the same behaviour, or alternatively that Steam hasn't 'fully' downloaded the mod.

Again, apologies, but as it's not the behaviour myself and others have seen in the mod, it can't be the mod itself.

18. Breadmanjiro

Breadmanjiro Chieftain

Cool, thanks a bunch for the response anyway my friend, keep up the good work!

19. Rob (R8XFT)

Another update:

- Akkad removed from the base game, but the Akkad mod, plus both leaders, is compatible with Anno Domini.
    - Assyria removed from the base game, but the Assyria mod is compatible with Anno Domini, though at this stage, they only have Tilgath compatible with Anno Domini.
    - Palmyra, with both leaders, is now compatible with Anno Domini.
    - The Huns with Attila as their leader is now compatible with Anno Domini.
    - More leaders now have the 'four-jersey' colour system.
    - The Bowman has been fixed.
    - The 'Scripture' belief has been fixed and is improved by researching Administration.
    - Antonius Pius is now compatible with Anno Domini.
    - Sukritact's intro/selection screen is no longer used by default, but is compatible.

20. chadsarni

chadsarni Chieftain

Hello Rob,

I posted earlier today on the Steam workshop forums about crashes. attached here are a couple of the save files. This one on turn 263 crashes on the load screen. Back on turn 250 the game loads for me, then crashes in game after a couple turns.

Edit: I installed anno domini after your may 28 update and only used anno domini + warfare reloaded mods. I have all firaxis dlc through gathering storm.

Edit 2: My previous statements were all in reference to experience on June 2-3 specifically.

After your June 6 patch even with the CIVITAS Akkad installed it appears none of my previous save games with Akkad (from when he was in the base game) will load. However in the create game screen I do see Akkad as an option. I am still excited to play Anno Domini with other leaders (this is an amazing mod!), I just wonder if the late game crashes will be persistent.

Thank you

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020