1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anno Domini (gods and kings version) due Feb 2013 - includes previews and information

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Rob (R8XFT), Feb 4, 2013.

1. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

Yes, it's the farm bug. You don't need Reload Landmark System checked if you don't use any custom graphics for map objects.

2. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

I had been wondering whether or not to add the Veneti to the mod as an extra seafaring nation. So I just did! That brings the mod to 53 civs - but that really is the limit now!

3. Stuie

Stuie Laudir Agus Mir

Really looking forward to this - looks like an excellent project and focuses the game on the eras that I'm most interested in playing. So.... will it see light today?

4. Rob (R8XFT)

Thanks for your interest! I am working hard to complete it - there are some tasks to do, so I am not sure if it will be today. The good news is that it is near completion, so if it's not today, it will be within the next couple of days or so (I do have to work...). The tasks left aren't difficult, but they are time-consuming. I think it's important that I bring out the finished article rather than leaving some little bits undone.

However, in the midst of updating the mod, I did add yet another two civs - Lydia and the Carvetti. So there's 55 civs altogether!

5. jmelnick

jmelnick Bad Mod Skills, Big Ideas

Wow! There are so many civs to choose from!! Have you implemented a DLL that will allow us to play with more than the standard 22 civs?

Also, looking forward to the release!

6. Rob (R8XFT)

I decided not to...not sure what effect it would have on religions. I've tried to implement one or two things that have then crashed the game and required a lot of searching to get to the root cause; I'd hate this to be another.

7. jmelnick

jmelnick Bad Mod Skills, Big Ideas

Have you added new religions??

8. Rob (R8XFT)

yes (as per one of the civiliopedia previews) - but there's also a limit on number of effects you can have from your religions. I really don't want to increase the number of civs in each game right now - I'd rather crack on and get a version out that I can be comfortable with.

9. turingmachine

turingmachine Emperor

I believe the 22+ DLL only works when used in a pre-made scenario map (like YNAEM); it doesn't actually work for just random games using map-scripts. Also, any civ past the 22nd will not have a diplo screen.

It doesn't really work for big mods like this as the OA would have to make a bunch of different pre-made maps with a limit of 32 for every combination of the 55 civs.

10. JA_Lamb

JA_Lamb Warlord

Subscribing to a very interesting development

11. BJV_Coug

BJV_Coug Chieftain

Out of curiosity, did you make any changes to the diplomatic marriage trait when using it for Athens?

12. Rob (R8XFT)

That settles that - thank-you :).

Thanks for your interest :D!

I haven't - it's exactly how it is for Austria in the epic game.

Well, my five-day break is now over and I've been at the mod almost non-stop. There's just some finishing touches required now - nothing that's difficult, just time-consuming. I'd say I need a further 12 mod-working hours. Where they're going to come from...well...hmmm. We'll see how much time free time I get over the next three days, all of which I'm at work and I'll give you an update at the end of that. We are approaching the finishing line guys and I'm sure many of you will enjoy playing the mod ;).

13. Rob (R8XFT)

Actually, I've checked and the changes I was planning to do are merely cosmetic and are more to do with me tidying up my modding than anything else. The planned work would have little impact on the gameplay...so....I'm uploading it now!

Link in a few minutes...

14. Genghis.Khan

Genghis.Khan Person

15. Rob (R8XFT)

16. skyandsun

skyandsun Chieftain

I'm not sure why anyone hasn't really mentioned it (at least not that I saw) in this thread yet, but I was very excited to try this mod out -- really looked well designed. :D In the process of my 3rd or 4th game attempt loading with this (and other) mods, I keep getting the error "Unable to load texture[TechnologyAtlas214_Polynesia.dds]. Is this fixable, or is this just going to remain broken? :confused: (About 1/4 of the time I can't see the city name either, the colors look all jacked, and just this last game I couldn't select a unit to develop on the very first turn -- that may be another mod, but I've ruled out most of the non-buggy ones...) Edit about 20 mins later: This error seems to happen very frequently in the start of the game, over and over, it's almost maddening having to press ok. IN addition to this one, there's also an "Atlas64_Polynesia.dds" error of the same type that keeps appearing. I mean, I'd love to see some sexy female leaders too...but not if it continually crashes the game (and mine just did, again...guess I'll have to try without Anno Domini and see if that's the buggy mod now)

Help? (I've really gotta get around to updating my profile here too...)

17. turingmachine

turingmachine Emperor

You don't have all the DLC. The mod needs all the DLC except the Cradle Map Packs or you get errors. (In this case, it's pretty obvious from the file name that you're missing the Polynesia DLC at least).

Also, the reason why you haven't seen talks of bugs and stuff here is in the post right above yours: