1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anno Domini Gods and Kings

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by Rob (R8XFT), Feb 20, 2013.

1. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Yes and yes :). I've attached an updated copy of the UnitPromotions.xml file.

An MP game of Anno Domini? Wow, that's really great to hear!

Attached Files:

2. metalhawk

metalhawk Chieftain

Yeah, we're trying two out using GMR. It works pretty well so far. My only complaint is that I got the Nok randomly, ended up in the jungle, 1 civ beat me to pantheon and took the Sacred Path before I could, my archers didn't get their promo, and I've found no natural wonders. Lol. :)

We're really hoping that One World supports MP mods in some mode, perhaps hybrid or pit boss.

3. Meloncat

Meloncat Chieftain

Greets!

I recently picked up the mod and have been thoroughly impressed. Really glad you guys saw fit to offer a purely Ancient atmosphere for Civilization.

I was wondering if I could get clarification on a bug I'm facing - when I play as Saba or the Medes after the initial loading screen music (the very Lawrence of arabia esque one) plays, you get no music on the campaign map afterwards. Nabaeteaeans too - Babylon did have the music, and from what I recall Parthia did.

Similarly a 'bug' to report is that the longbowman for Babylon became the usual medieval hooded chaps from England. Also the Heavy spearman of the Babylonians still looked thoroughly bronze agey - personally I think they should resemble the Neo-Assyrian/Neo-Babylonian fellows (the pikeman here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=473704 ).

I'm working on a late bronze age/early iron age mod for M&BW myself, and would be happy to pass along some resources for the military side of that antiquity, especially the Mycenaeans/Trojans/Hittites/Mitanni/Assyria/Babylonia/Egypt/Phoenicians/ect.

Thanks for the hard work!

4. Rob (R8XFT)

Hi Melconcat and welcome to Civfanatics. I'm not sure what's happening with the music; I'll look into it when I create the BNW version of the mod. You have to remember that with the unit graphics, we're running on limited resources at the moment, though I am hoping to go some units of my own for the BNW version of Anno Domini. Thanks for the comments.

5. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha Chieftain

Hey! Thanks for the mod, it is very, very cool.

Unfortunately something seems to be off about Harbours. I am building them in my overseas colonies but it does not seem to be actively connecting trade routes. I do not get the "Trade Route Established" and there is no little trade route symbol underneath them. Am I misunderstanding something, or are they not working?

6. Rob (R8XFT)

Thanks! I'm unaware of the harbours not working; they remain unchanged from the original. I've just checked the mod and they have the instruction : <AllowsWaterRoutes>true</AllowsWaterRoutes>.

As no-one else has mentioned this yet, I have to ask - do you have any other mods running with this one? If so, it's possible that the mix has caused the issue.

7. ambrox62

ambrox62 Emperor

You must build a harbour in the capital also and wait for a turn. Did you build it?

8. turingmachine

turingmachine Emperor

In the standard game, Harbors won't form a trade route until you've researched Wheel (the tech that allows trade routes). I don't know what that tech is in AD but its possible you don't have it and that's why your Harbors aren't doing anything.

9. Rob (R8XFT)

I've tested this and you're right. I built a harbour in my capital city and an overseas one to no avail. I researched the wheel, and a turn later, the trade route was formed.

10. ambrox62

ambrox62 Emperor

Yes, it's true. If you read the GK version of the Iroquois UA, it also required wheel in order to activate the "forest" route.

11. Rob (R8XFT)

What I've now determined with both the Iroquois UA and the water trade routes is that they both require roads, which is what The Wheel provides. When discovered, all city squares get roads automatically, which is what then is the final link in the road/trade chain.

12. Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4 Warlord

Did the latest patch break the mod? I see a lot of people saying their mods broke so thought I would check in before I start a new game.

13. Rob (R8XFT)

It doesn't appear to have affected the mod.

14. confus1on

confus1on Chieftain

Hi Rob, I was wondering if you were planning to update the mod for BNW?

15. Rob (R8XFT)

Work is underway, but slow as I am quite ill at the moment with a lengthy illness, unfortunately. Hoping to be able to recover and complete the mod before Christmas though :).

16. Maximinus I

Maximinus I Chieftain

First of all I absolutely love the Anno Domini mod. Great work!
    I have an issue with the city and city-state names. I can't find an obvious problem in the scripts but guess that I'm missing an update. I'm using V4...

17. Rob (R8XFT)

Thank-you and welcome to civfanatics! The issue you're experiencing would most likely come from using another mod or map alongside Anno Domini. Is that the case? Anno Domini is intended to be run as a stand-alone mod :).

18. Maximinus I

Maximinus I Chieftain

Thanks for your quick reply.
    I have solved my problem by adding the city name list of your wonderful "Anno Dominio" modpack to the city list of the core program. Now Civ5 can find the right names. Even in case of my previous saved games.

19. IntLemon

IntLemon Chieftain

Wow, great mod! Spent the best part of last night playing as the Etruscans. In fact, this mod is so great it prompted me to actually buy some of the DLC (before I'd even played it)!

20. Rob (R8XFT)

Glad you got it to work :).

Thank-you - and welcome to Civfanatics!!