1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anno Domini Gods and Kings

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by Rob (R8XFT), Feb 20, 2013.

1. Lands

Lands Chieftain

Any chance you have BNW installed (and just disabled for the sake of using the mod)? I have the same problem, only it also affects wonders, wonder descriptions and other stuff as well.

Saw someone else with this problem mention they had BNW installed... too bad Steam doesn't let you uninstall DLC at will. :(

2. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

All you need to do, Lands, is click on "DLC" in the menu and uncheck the tick for BNW, then return to the main menu. Voila - you're back to G & K land and can play any G & K mod you please. When you start Civ V on the next occasion you play, it reverts back to BNW though.

3. Lands

Lands Chieftain

No, sorry, I probably wasn't clear - I've been doing that since I first discovered the mod because I knew it wouldn't work with BNW. I'm not even sure I want to see what would happen if I didn't disable BNW. :(

I have every DLC ever released, and I even tried reinstalling Civ 5 (including re-downloading the game data and deleting the appropriate folder in my games for a completely fresh start). Not using any other mods, either. All I have to go on is someone on Steam mentioned having the same problem since purchasing BNW as well.

4. Breez

Breez King

Sorry to hear you are ill...

Christmas? ACK! Crap in my 40's and now I have to wait on THAT holiday to play with my new toys again!

*Cough* ummm

Get well soon, looking forward to the update.

Will you edit the 1st post when this happens?

5. Maximinus I

Maximinus I Chieftain

Yes, same here. Wonder names are still bugged. I decided not to care. Having the city and city-state names right was the most important thing for me and now the anno domini package works nicely with other mods, like maps with TSL and the "grand campaign" mod.

6. Rob (R8XFT)

Almost in my fifties mate....time flies doesn't it ;).

I will do, but will open a new thread for the new version.

7. Zoca

Zoca Chieftain

Hello fellow civ-adicts,

First, thanks a lot for this great mod. I just discovered it, played couple of hours and wooow lots of work has been done, looks stable and so on ( even though I still get the text"bug" but its fine,wont complain about as I can still get the name of the city-states/new building and it doesnt affect the gameplay)

Very few ressources ( I like the fact that you can t see the luxury before getting the technology), which makes it more challenging indeed, which leads me to the question(s?) I would like to adress to everyone here : - how do you manage the damn low happiness thing ? I try 2X100 turns, one in Warlord mode - still easy, enough happiness after 4 cities, food everywhere,gold and soldiers, was 1 in everything on the demography stats so I gave up - and one in Prince mode. That was another job, same civ (Egypt- I also did a quick shot as Troy but lets not talk about it) but got negativ happiness after my 3 city,and I was pretty much backwarded in everything, including technology ( some civ already reached the next age where I still have 4 tech to go...long way!). Couldnt believe that the difference btween lev 3 and lev 4 would be so huge !

So, questions are : - are you playing in Prince, Warlord, Immortal,God of War or something else? Just curious, dunno which level is the most appropriate for the mod.

- How do you manage happiness ? I almost never got negativ happiness on vanilla, it was kind of a suprise to be stuck under 0. And to reach a positiv value looks very challenging..maybe to build 3 cities early in the game wasnt a good idea?

-Any advice? :) always good to hear! Looks like I need to learn how to play, this from scratch, so yes if you have any advice to give, well you are welcome !

8. earthwulf

earthwulf Warlord

I think I am doing something very, very wrong... I got the AD pack off of steam, unchecked BnW & loaded a Prince game (my standard to try out new mods)/random civ/huge random map/epic pace.

I wound up as Assyria. With a starting bazooka. I don't have any other mods enabled... completely unsure as to what happened... are there more boxes for me to uncheck? Is there a specific start I need to choose? I know I'm an idiot... though starting with a bazooka seems fun.

Edit: Just for the hell of it, I decided to settle my city. I can now research 1) Settling & b) the Internet
    Edit 2: Apparently I'd disabled GnK, not Brave New World. Oops. I also disabled wonders of the ancient world... not sure if that matters. ON the plus side, this time I ended up with Asterix! (Sure, the game calls him Vercingetorix, but I know that's just a cover so he can infiltrate the Roman army & save Dogmatix)

9. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

Damn straight it flies. That Native mod we did for Civ4...I can't believe how long its been. Two games later and we are still on these boards.

Mod looks good btw.

10. tsf4

tsf4 Chieftain

Rob -

How is the BNW version coming? I am still faithfully playing the G&K version... and still loving it!

11. Keinpferd

Keinpferd King

I'm successfully playing AD with the non Steam Campaign Edition with the Leni Riefenstahl mappack. AD version is the one uploaded on March 4th, 2013.

I found this tutorial very useful when struggling with another mod, but you're probably aware of that yet. Other than that, you seem to have tried everything. Good luck!

12. Rob (R8XFT)

I'm glad you're still enjoying playing Anno Domini! It's not really coming on due to my illness; a few visits here each day is as much as I can manage I'm afraid. Hopefully I'll be well enough to get a version out around Christmas/New Year.

I really appreciate you posting that - thank-you!!

13. Rambuchan

Rambuchan The Funky President

Sorry to learn you have been and still are ill Rob. Wishing you some respite and a speedy recovery. :)

PS. Having just seen your signature: I took the family to Croatia on holiday this year, Dalmatian coast. The owner of the house we rented while there had a daughter named Teuta. My wife, who is from Serbia herself, commented what an unusual name it was for the region. Of course, I stepped in to explain where it comes from and who Agron was too, much to the amazement of the landlady and little Teuta. And, when they had left the room, I took the opportunity to add to my wife: "You see, if you played more Civilisation you would know these things too." I never miss those opportunities :D

14. Hulfgar

Hulfgar Emperor

Same here, wishing you all the best and a quick recovery :)

15. Breez

Breez King

BTW I realized I had not thanked you for the mod.

I love the early game and the middle ages when playing civ. I am always disappointed when the crossbows upgrade to Gatling Guns and lose range. That is my sign that the middle ages portion is ended. I can play on slower speeds but since that slows down building and workers and replacing losses and everything else i have never enjoyed that.

This mod allows me to play the game in the time periods I like most. I appreciate you making it available even if I have to wait til Christmas to play again.

16. Rob (R8XFT)

Thank-you guys, I appreciate it. You can still play the G&K version though - all you need to do is click on "DLC" on the menu, then untick BNW; going back to the menu, you'll find yourself in "G&K mode" and be able to play G&K mods.

17. Jerrybadger

Jerrybadger Chieftain

Literally just joined and got civ 5 on a steam sale and immediately started looking for mods (yes I'm that type of gamer). I always preferred the early game on my last civ experience - civ 2 lol - and hated being the celts and meeting the USA in 200bc! You're mod is the answer to my prayers! Only managed an hour so far as the Spartans on an anno domino map but so far I'm loving it!

It's a great mod so thought you required some more accolades! Do have a question though about the mods in general though on civ 5 - do you get many conflicts? My modding knowledge is quite limited so wondered what the sdk program is like for identifying them?

And remember - this is Sparta!!!!

18. Jerrybadger

Jerrybadger Chieftain

Whoops dual post

19. Rob (R8XFT)

Thanks Jerrybadger for the accolade. The SDK is a great tool, but it doesn't identify conflicts. Generally the conflicts arise when the dll is modified - thankfully I don't know how to do that!

20. FramedArchitect

FramedArchitect Reluctant Modder

I still play and enjoy this mod, and recently finished another game as Minoans. As I've said before, the tech tree for this mod is brilliant.