Anno Domini Gods and Kings

No problem. I think I'm capable of a triple plug. :D

By the way, I forgot to mention:
I also had a quick experimental whirl with the Nubians. Their UU is very good fun and most useful. However, I found that their flavoured version of the Chariot Archer suffered from the same animation problem as I reported previously from my Corinthians game (quote directly above). It seems something funky is going on with many of the flavoured Chariot Archers' animations. Having not yet looked under the CiV modding hood in depth I can't offer a solution for you yet, but I'm sure you'll be able to sort it.

Sorted the duplication of "can cross ocean". Working on the chariot archers!

Your work rate is impressive.

Two other textual notes:

- Aksum's UA description still mentions Ethiopia
- There's still mention of "Industrial" all over the Pedia (various units, Holy Warriors belief etc), rather than whatever the corresponding Era is in AD. I'm hoping it's as easy as a find and replace job.

About the chariot, if you're using "melee" models from danrell, there is a text file with the XML code required, and also custom animation that must be put in the mod with vfs to true in his [Edited Animations and Effects] package.

It seems there is a problem with the MinorCivLeaders table. Some city states have wrong leader names and icons, and sometimes leader icons that don't exist are referenced (I'm using the Map Pack that adds some new CS, but the problems happens with CS that exist in the base mod).

I think it's better to add new columns (with leader icon and leader name) to the existing MinorCivilizations table, instead of creating a new table, then they can be referenced easily using the Minor Civ's ID.

Hey, thanks for playing & thanks for the feedback.

Could you let me know which of the CS this happens with. My mappack actually doesn't reference or make any CS leaders, maybe that is the problem. Also I've not yet experienced this problem myself, but then I haven't met all the city states on the maps yet.

Hey, thanks for playing & thanks for the feedback.

Could you let me know which of the CS this happens with. My mappack actually doesn't reference or make any CS leaders, maybe that is the problem.

Tartessos and Telmessos.

I am cuirrently suffering from a very irratble issue with this mod. In steam, when I subscribe, the mod will not show up, even when I restarted or downloaded the file and put it in it will not show up, any solutions to this? I hate that the workshop does not work.

Welcome to Civfanatics, Leni, and thanks for doing the maps ;)!

Hey Rob :) Thanks. And of course, thanks for the great AD mod.

I've tracked the error down and it's caused by MinorCivLeaders.sql loading icons for City States that aren't actually in the AD mod, and thus don't have a dds file for them, but for some reason my city states assume the identity of those files and that causes the error.

I'll fix it by basically adding renamed dds files for my City States.

Edit: Put the new file on Workshop now. The added city states now have leader names that make no sense but I wasn't able to fix it any other way since I can't modify another mod's SQL file.

Edit2: Although I guess I could just do an SQL UPDATE instruction. Will work on it.

Few more minor things I've spotted:

- The non-Firaxis religions lack icons when you hover over cities. This makes it impossible to know which religion has the followers and the pressure. Probably an issue from the imported mod, but an issue nonetheless. I suspect that from the mod that was imported there is a missing art sheet in the back end which just needs the smaller versions of the icons so they show.
- Embarked workers still use the modern era (cruiser/destroyer type) unit art in the final era.
- Zoning in on that diplomatic victory I'm really missing the ability to load up the Victory Progress screen. I suspect/appreciate this is likely due to the currently disabled science victory, but it would be really useful for someone to suggest a solution as this is a key reference screen for players.

Hey Rob :) Thanks. And of course, thanks for the great AD mod.

I've tracked the error down and it's caused by MinorCivLeaders.sql loading icons for City States that aren't actually in the AD mod, and thus don't have a dds file for them, but for some reason my city states assume the identity of those files and that causes the error.

I'll fix it by basically adding renamed dds files for my City States.

Edit: Put the new file on Workshop now. The added city states now have leader names that make no sense but I wasn't able to fix it any other way since I can't modify another mod's SQL file.
In case Big Bopper is reading:

This is the issue I encountered with your Ancient World AD map.

The non-Firaxis religions lack icons when you hover over cities. This makes it impossible to know which religion has the followers and the pressure. Probably an issue from the imported mod, but an issue nonetheless. I suspect that from the mod that was imported there is a missing art sheet in the back end which just needs the smaller versions of the icons so they show.

If I'm not mistaken, most of the new religions were taken from Tomatekh's mod which does display the small religion icon when you hover over cities. Maybe your forgot to import a file or set one in Modbuddy?

- Embarked workers still use the modern era (cruiser/destroyer type) unit art in the final era.
This is also true of generals on land in the final era. They zoom around with that jeep unit art.

In case Big Bopper is reading:

This is the issue I encountered with your Ancient World AD map.
Hey Rambuchan, this should be the exact reason, since I used LeniR's MinorCiv file as a template for my new city states. With next to no modding knowledge for Civ5, I'll have to see how he fixes the problem.

<edit>I've only played as the Macedonians a short way in, so I haven't met any of the new city states; are the new city states buggy?; and could I fix the bug issue by just using all new city states?<edit>

Hey Rambuchan, this should be the exact reason, since I used LeniR's MinorCiv file as a template for my new city states. With next to no modding knowledge for Civ5, I'll have to see how he fixes the problem.

<edit>I've only played as the Macedonians a short way in, so I haven't met any of the new city states; are the new city states buggy?; and could I fix the bug issue by just using all new city states?<edit>

In my case I only use 4 of the minor civs on the maps, so only 4 needed be fixed. The fix is done by copying over a minor civ leader DDS file from the Anno Domini mod into your ModBuddy project and renaming that file to whichever file gets auto assigned to your new minor civ (this has to be found out by going ingame and meeting the new city states). It'll give an error like "baku.dds missing", which is then the file you have to import into your mod and into the VFS.

Well, I completed my Corinth game and just scooped the Diplomatic victory, precisely by the required margin. In your face Zorsines!!

Hugely enjoyable game. The balance, diversity, intrigue, challenge and flavour and everything is there, Rob style. Top work mate. The city states diplo mod works really well with the AD time period and Corinth's UA. I was pumping those ambassadors hard in the final 10-15 turns. So does the historical religions mod. Just those minor cosmetic things I've been noting, all with the intention to give it that final glossy polish, to which I should add the art and text for the diplo victory would need tinkering to bring it in line (still saying and showing UN stuff).

If I'm not mistaken, most of the new religions were taken from Tomatekh's mod which does display the small religion icon when you hover over cities. Maybe your forgot to import a file or set one in Modbuddy?

This isn't a "bug" much of the graphics stuff is hardcoded, particularly in case of combat classes and special situations like embarkation.
Thanks for these notes. I'm a bit with Big Bopper: very much able with Civ 3 modding but pretty much in the dark with CiV modding. Shame - though not a surprise - to learn they still put some dumb hardcoded stuff in, this time with the special case unit art.

Sorry my man, I didn't make a note of which city states were buggy. But it sounds like LeniR's onto it with you in tow. I'll send some further feedback on your and Leni's work when I get a chance and in the appropriate place.

Alright, having actually completed a game now (Thracia, inland sea, small, 5 civs, 15 cs, epic, warlord) here are some things ive noticed:

Social policy descriptions still have the line about purchasing great people with faith, and they are shown as "available great people" in the faith screen, however they are not purchasable (at least as Thrace, didn't really notice in my previous attempts as Thebes)

Axemen seem underpowered to obsolete warriors as they actually lose a strength point, critical in the early game vs barbarians (who use warriors), imo they should either not obsolete the warriors, or keep the same 8 strength

I'm having issues with city graphics disappearing at random, seems to only affect me, not my rivals or city states, doesn't seem to be tied to map size (why i played on small instead of large/huge like i normally do) as it occurred in my previous attempts as Thebes as well. Playing Dx9 mode btw, civ v refuses to play Dx11 on my new monitor even at the correct res.

Also a note about the Iceni in my game i just completed, when i conquered the world (turn 417) they had only finished something like 13 techs (many of which got espionaged from me), compared to my 55-ish, although they had the most cities of all my rivals who each were in the mid 30's-40's tech-wise.

Pergamon Altar seems a bit too powerful as well, as soon as i built it i was Allies with every cs for the remainder of the game with very little effort to maintain relations, maybe reduce the influence boost from +200% to something like +133-150%. Just my opinion

I'm having issues with city graphics disappearing at random, seems to only affect me, not my rivals or city states, doesn't seem to be tied to map size (why i played on small instead of large/huge like i normally do) as it occurred in my previous attempts as Thebes as well. Playing Dx9 mode btw, civ v refuses to play Dx11 on my new monitor even at the correct res.

Have this too, altho I play DX10/11.

Seems to go away when I re-load the savegame though.

Top Bottom