Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Downloaded this Mod from the home site for the mod, loaded it up but I'm getting constant "Unable to load texture [<various_wonder_packs>.dds]" pop up errors when selecting a Civ, while new game is loading, and between turns within the game. I'm sure I have the latest BNW on Steam and all the DLCs... so am I missing something? There doesn't seem to be anyone in this thread (recently) experiencing this issue...

Thx in advance for any help. This mod looks terrific so I'm itchin to give it a go.

OK, I'm confused then... I have BNW installed from Steam, and the DLC list shows both G&K and BNW Expansion Packs installed and enabled (green check box), plus all of the other DLCs that are listed there (Conquest of the New World, Genghis Khan's Mongolia, etc.) are enabled.

I'm not sure what other DLCs need to be installed; certainly there's nothing listed in the DLC screen that's not already checked.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but can't place what it is.

OK, I'm confused then... I have BNW installed from Steam, and the DLC list shows both G&K and BNW Expansion Packs installed and enabled (green check box), plus all of the other DLCs that are listed there (Conquest of the New World, Genghis Khan's Mongolia, etc.) are enabled.

I'm not sure what other DLCs need to be installed; certainly there's nothing listed in the DLC screen that's not already checked.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but can't place what it is.
It might be the ancient wonder pack (temple of artemis etc.)

It might be the ancient wonder pack (temple of artemis etc.)

Hmm ok so evidently not all earlier DLCs are included in BNW (as far as content is concerned); OK I'll try grabbing it over the weekend.

Looking at the list, is the Ancient Wonder Pack the only additional DLC needed for BNW installs? The rest seem to be either Civ and scenarios (Civs already in BNW from what I can see) or simply map packs.

Hmm ok so evidently not all earlier DLCs are included in BNW (as far as content is concerned); OK I'll try grabbing it over the weekend.

Looking at the list, is the Ancient Wonder Pack the only additional DLC needed for BNW installs? The rest seem to be either Civ and scenarios (Civs already in BNW from what I can see) or simply map packs.

None (well mostly none) of the civ dlc is included in BNW or GK by default and have to be purchased

Polynesia
Denmark
Inca (of the Spain & Inca pack)
Babylon (unless you bought the original deluxe addition)
Korea

The exception is if you purchased BNW and GK as part of the Complete or Gold package.

If those civs don't show up on the DLC list with the option to uncheck, then you don't have them and they need to be purchased.

None (well mostly none) of the civ dlc is included in BNW or GK by default and have to be purchased

Polynesia
Denmark
Inca (of the Spain & Inca pack)
Babylon (unless you bought the original deluxe addition)
Korea

The exception is if you purchased BNW and GK as part of the Complete or Gold package.

If those civs don't show up on the DLC list with the option to uncheck, then you don't have them and they need to be purchased.

Interesting, since I have all of those CIVs listed when I play the standard BNW game.

Turns out that Ancient Wonder Pack is all that was needed. Thx all for the help!

Now let's check out these 80+ civs....

Hello,

i have two questions.

1. Is there anyone building maps for the mediterranean region?

2. i tried do make a map by myself. But ever time i load this mod in the world build it hang up. When i load it whitout this mod, ist start. Can anyone give me a hint?

Hey all (especially Rob),

I've just signed up to report some bugs and ask a "quick" question.
First for the bugs.
1. The text for the camp (the one you build on deers) is the same as the one for the road. (at least in the german version)
2. Policies. The policy tree Honour is under the title Patronage. Furthermore the Piety tree is under Honour. I try to look in the game and properly list the wrong names up. Can't remember them all together at the moment. Sorry for that.

Now my question.
Is there a german translation for the mod? Did anyone made it? If so, where do I find it? I used the search but couldn't find anything. If not, then how do I do this? Is there anything I need to know. I have no experience with modding at all. Is it right, that the text is in XML files? Can I just exchange the text?

Sorry for the long text.. :)

PS.: I really like the mod. Maybe you guessed that?

Hello,

i have two questions.

1. Is there anyone building maps for the mediterranean region?

2. i tried do make a map by myself. But ever time i load this mod in the world build it hang up. When i load it whitout this mod, ist start. Can anyone give me a hint?

Hey all (especially Rob),

I've just signed up to report some bugs and ask a "quick" question.
First for the bugs.
1. The text for the camp (the one you build on deers) is the same as the one for the road. (at least in the german version)
2. Policies. The policy tree Honour is under the title Patronage. Furthermore the Piety tree is under Honour. I try to look in the game and properly list the wrong names up. Can't remember them all together at the moment. Sorry for that.

Now my question.
Is there a german translation for the mod? Did anyone made it? If so, where do I find it? I used the search but couldn't find anything. If not, then how do I do this? Is there anything I need to know. I have no experience with modding at all. Is it right, that the text is in XML files? Can I just exchange the text?

Sorry for the long text.. :)

PS.: I really like the mod. Maybe you guessed that?

Hi gents and welcome, both of you, to Civfanatics. There's no specific maps at this point and no translations to other languages. I wouldn't even ask anyone if they could do this right now, as the mod isn't finished and things may change yet. Sorry if that causes you any issues. The "bugs" you mentioned were simply the fact that the translation to German hasn't happened.

Thank you Rob for the flowers and the quick response. :)
I haven't thought of that. I guess I hadn't had enough coffee.
Maybe I play the game for the purpose of the mod in english. Or I just live with the "bugs" which is not a bug actually.
I hope I can help out with a translation once the mod is finished.

I wish you and all the other people a great day.

Hi gents and welcome, both of you, to Civfanatics. There's no specific maps at this point and no translations to other languages. I wouldn't even ask anyone if they could do this right now, as the mod isn't finished and things may change yet. Sorry if that causes you any issues. The "bugs" you mentioned were simply the fact that the translation to German hasn't happened.

Thanks for the answer. I suspected there is no maps at this early point. But i think it is a great mod. I also wanted do make a map by myself.
But i have the problem to load this mod in the world builder.
Maybe anyone (must not be you Rob) can check if this mod will be loaded in worldbuilder.
the i know that it is a problem with my computer or installation and not a genrell problem with this mod.

Thank you.
Also thanks for this great mod

I'm really enjoying the mod, Rob. Thanks! I adapted a few maps for scenarios... attached. Best, FA

Attachments

• Anno Domini Maps (v 1).civ5mod
    49.6 KB · Views: 210
  • AD_England.jpg
    AD_England.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 154
  • AD_Europe.jpg
    AD_Europe.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 142
  • AD_Europe_Map01.jpg
    AD_Europe_Map01.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 195
Is there anyway to just use the civs from this in a normal game? I want toplay through all the eras. I know a bunch of the units have pre requisites for the new tech tree

Wow...can't wait update with maps. Thanks Rob (R8XFT) & FramedArchitect!!!

Fantastic! Thank-you; glad you're enjoying the mod. I'll add the maps to the next update.

Hi Rob,

Hold off a bit on adding those maps to your mod; I want to go over the resources again and also add in a middle east map.

I hand placed the resources (auto-place in WB is awful) and due in part to my ignorance and in part to icons I ended up placing some manufactured resources on map (dyes I think...) There are also some late game resources that I just haven't had experience with so I didn't know how/where to place them. I need to look more closely at the resources.xml.

I also only played a few of the civs, so I think there may be some more balance necessary.

best,
FA

Top Bottom