1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Play the ancient world

1. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

Thanks for the new version :)

My first bug report for v17 (actually I discovered these bugs in v16, but I verified that they are still present in v17):

1. Some belief descriptions refer to things that don't exist in this mod - Religious Art (Hermitage) and Religious Texts (Printing Press).
    2. Contrary to the description, the Harbour building doesn't give +1 Production from sea resources. It gives extra range and gold income to sea trade routes instead.
    3. For some reason unknown to me, I can't build the Galley unit (so between the discovery of Seafaring and Cartography I can't build any naval units at all).
    4. There are no Dyes on water, and Dye Workboat improves Barley.

Edit: I found the cause of bug #3: in JFD_Mercenaries_Functions.lua, lines 150-151, training of Galley is blocked for non-barbarians. Perhaps it's OK for the standard game with JFD's mod, but it shouldn't be like this in AD.

So the entire function should look like this:
    Code:
    -- JFD_MercenaryUnitBlockTraining
    function JFD_MercenaryUnitBlockTraining(playerID, unitID)
    	local player = Players[playerID]
    	local unit = GameInfo.Units[unitID]
    	local unitMercenary = unit.JFD_OnlyMercenary
    	if unitMercenary then
    		return false
    	end
    	return true
    end
    GameEvents.PlayerCanTrain.Add(JFD_MercenaryUnitBlockTraining)

2. FramedArchitect

FramedArchitect Reluctant Modder

I noticed that the new building tooltips actually aren't implemented (which would accurately report this detail). I think it's because the Overrides aren't set VFS=true.

The new version is nice! Thanks!

3. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

The tooltips are implemented and were working for me :).

4. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

I investigated the tooltips issue - the files in Buildng Tooltips\Override are imported to VFS, but for some of them there are files with the same names in other directories that are also imported to VFS. This is probably the cause why it isn't working, at least for some people (perhaps importing two files with the same name to VFS can cause undefined behavior).

5. gilliebillie

gilliebillie Chieftain

i downloaded and installed the new version but many civs are gone. civs like the amazones and Zenobia. have you decided to leave them out or did i do something wrong?

Moderator Action: Duplicate post removed

6. Rob (R8XFT)

Welcome to Civfanatics! You must not have read some of the details a few pages back. I completely removed all the civs initially and am putting them back one by one. I've done this in order to check that each one "feels" right, often (in the case of modded civs) reverting to how the creator of that civ originally created it. This has made the range of civ abilities/gameplay much more diverse. In addition, I've ensured that each civ has two unique decisions, again to improve gameplay, though in some cases the unique decisions are similar to ones found elsewhere (e.g. there's a few trade decisions that only have the item to trade as a difference). So in short, they are missing and you've done nothing wrong.

7. Alexej

Alexej Prince

Can this mod be used as fake-dlc to play in multiplayer?

8. Rob (R8XFT)

I don't know. If it did, it would require the users to have the right set-up, i.e. all the DLC and no other mods loaded. Why not try it out and let us know if it works?

9. Plumfairy

Plumfairy Prince

Wait a second... this could be the problem. Should I manually disable DLCs before loading the Anno Domini mod?

10. FramedArchitect

As I wrote in my initial post, Rob will have to search and delete all other versions of those overrides. That may require some additional file merging, as I only adapted the Health & Plague overrides.

11. Alexej

Alexej Prince

I love to play ancient warfare, (I have too many hours played on Rome 2 TW) and your mod is great. Civs, leaders, techs, wonders, buildings, policies are awesome but I do miss culturally diverse units. So I am lazy to even try :D But anyway you do use Pathfinder upgrade from scout and he`s known to break and desync MP games when someone chooses reward and Events and Decisions mod is also ill famed in MP. In SP your mod is fun to play great work.

12. DeepSoul

DeepSoul Warlord

Can you play this with the Communitas map and ui improvements?

When will you add The Ptolemaic Kingdom and The Sasanians?

13. Rob (R8XFT)

It's meant to be played as a standalone mod; there may be clashes with other mods. I'll add the Ptolemaic Kingdom and Sasanians back in as soon as I can; I'll try to prioritise those two for the next release given that you've asked.

14. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

I'm back with more bugs :)

5. The Frankincense resource (RESOURCE_SUGAR) appears on the map. I think it should have TechReveal set to TECH_HIDDEN_LUXURIES, unless you want to bring back the standard Sugar resource to the game or use it for something different (Frankincense produced by the Frankincense Merchant building is a different resource - RESOURCE_JFD_FRANKINCENSE).

6. The Jewelry resource is hidden on the map and produced by the Jeweler building. The result is that only half Mercantile city states have an usable resource on their city tile (only those that have Porcelain). Is it intentional?

7. The Ambush I promotion is not removed (you just need to remove it from the UnitPromotions_UnitCombats table). Also there are some interesting new selectable promotions available to melee units, some of them seem overpowered, like Hero and Levitate. They are not available to ranged units though, as they require Drill III or Shock III.

8. Is it intentional that it's now possible to trade Magistrates with the AI?

9. For some reason, in v17 all bonus resources have ResourceUsage in Resources table set to 2, which causes the AI to treat them as luxuries, and offer to "trade" them, offering nothing in return. The ResourceUsage of bonus resources should be set to 0.

10. (A suggestion rather than a bug) I think the free Great Writer after finishing the Ceremony policy tree should be replaced by an Adventurer, so you can fill the Great Work slot in your Palace (Literature slots are not available in early game).

15. Rob (R8XFT)

Thanks! The thing with the bonus resources (point 9) was that if they were set to 0, then they show up on the resource drop-down menu. If you have a fix for that, it would be great (i.e. it only shows if they're set to 1).

16. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

In Plague\Lua\Override\TopPanel.lua, line 1340, change

Code:
    if (pResource.ResourceUsage < 2) then
    to
    Code:
    if (pResource.ResourceUsage == 1) then

17. Rob (R8XFT)

Wow!! Thanks a lot!!

EDIT: The jewelry resource is no longer available as a city-states resource, but is replaced by peacock feathers.

18. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

You're right, I haven't noticed it as it's not shown on the city state tile, but when you're allied with them you get the resource indeed.

19. FramedArchitect

That's exactly as it should be. Health resources (sheep, deer, cattle) are actually treated as Strategic resources, allowing them to be traded. The reason is that having more kinds of health resources increases Empire Health % (this is reported as "Resource Diversity" in the Top panel tooltip). The AI makes very good use of this health resource trading.

20. FramedArchitect

If you do this, then users won't be able to see how many of the health resources they have available for trade. In addition, I think consumable resources like Magistrates may not be visible.