1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Play the ancient world

1. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

If these resources provide health, then they should be shown in the Health tooltip, just like luxuries are shown in the Happiness tooltip. Adding them to the strategic resources tooltip would make it too cluttered.

I don't think proposing to trade a resource for nothing is "very good use" (it's not a "plea for help", it's a normal trade proposal). And that's the only kind of trade offers for these resources that I've seen so far. So it seems the AI thinks they have zero value, and trading them for nothing is a good idea.

(Btw Magistrates are shown in the decisions window.)

2. Breez

Breez King

Bug - (I think) I am still on version 16...

Akkad - Decision Postal Service. I can choose it. It removes the 150 culture but doesn't actually enact. I can keep clicking it and it will keep removing 150 culture but I can never actually enact it.

3. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Thanks for reporting that. I've copied it over exactly from the Light in the East version, so wasn't aware of that - I'll look into it. It is possible that amending something with respect to the other decision broke the lua (but it was only changing a unit type).

4. FramedArchitect

FramedArchitect Reluctant Modder

Kind of a nasty response... jeez.

5. TheYorkshireman

TheYorkshireman Chieftain

Cheers PawelS, totally forgot that'd been mentioned before.

Found a couple of bugs on 17.

Stone appears on the map but when it's quarried it doesn't add to the resource list (i'm presuming that's something to do with the bug PawelS has mentioned).

The bug with the Atlas files on the culture pop-up still exists and i keep forgetting about it and wondering why my screen goes black because i have the memory of a goldfish :crazyeye:

Some of the map textures for Limestone (such as with a road and with a mine) don't appear on map, i.e. the hex looks like an ordinary hex with nothing on it (apart from the base tile such as plains).

Hope this is helpful...the new version is great :)

6. DeepSoul

DeepSoul Warlord

You mean that this mod comes with a map that it's meant to be played with? If I can choose any map, then it should work with the Communitas map.

7. Unedjis

Unedjis Warlord

There are currently no playable custom maps for v17, so you'll have to select a random map in order to play the mod. I don't really know what the Communitas pack does but AD is a complete overhaul of pretty much everything, from tech tree to resources to units to policies, so if any of this is modified by another mod as well, it's most likely going to be incompatible. With "blank" custom maps, the main problem is going to be the resources. You can always try but you can't *expect* AD to work with another mod, and you can't expect Rob to make them play nice. ;) And if it doesn't work, you can always try AD on its own. :)

8. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

I apologize if you find my response nasty. I'm just trying to help make this mod better :)

As for the health resources, perhaps you meant that the AI uses them for trading effectively if they are made strategic resources, instead of luxury resources as it's done in v17. I haven't checked that, and I don't know the logic AI uses for trading strategic resources. Ideally there should be a separate "health resources" category on the diplomacy screen, but I suppose it requires DLL changes.

9. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

Running the new v17 everything going smoth so far.
    This mod is ridiculously smart. So exiting like a Civ

10. TheYorkshireman

TheYorkshireman Chieftain

A couple more bugs related to the resources.

Most "Luxury" resources (as listed in the pedia, such as bison, wheat, fish) don't bring any happiness, only the vanilla ones seem to do this. Might be listed in the wrong section of the pedia as there's nothing in the bonus section now.

Wheat. The AI wants my wheat (although they're not willing to give me anything for it) and they want it quite a lot. But they won't build farms on their own wheat resources.

11. Rob (R8XFT)

Thank-you!!

The issues with resources have been ironed out and that should be apparent in the next version.

I've also sorted out the issues with the icons in the "Swap Great Works" screen :).

12. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Rob, I'm getting an insanely slow start. And doesn't the tech tree start a bit too early? There were no separate civilizations, per say, before the invention of basic tools.

13. Rob (R8XFT)

You youngsters always want a faster pace! It's meant to start slow, but build. The tech tree is years in the making, has been refined and refined and refined, so I'm not meddling with it any further.

14. gilliebillie

gilliebillie Chieftain

yo i found bugs!
    whenever i want to dispatch a spy it gives me a black screen and all kinds of pop ups of textures it couldn't load. i could just alt tab out and in and everything was fine, right up untill the world congress started. it happened every turn since and made it unplayable!

15. Rob (R8XFT)

It doesn't do that for me! Are you sure you have met the prerequisites of the mod? That is, all DLC/expansions owned (map packs optional) and absolutely NO other mods loaded.

EDIT: On second thoughts, I've fixed texture issues with the "Swap great works" screen, so I wonder if I didn't notice it simply because I'd not encountered the spy screens until after I'd resolved the other texture issues, which may have been the same for the spy screens? Either way, it definitely will work in the next version.

In other news, I've fixed the Akkad Postal Service decision and that will be available from the next version.

16. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

That's because it shouldn't be possible to build a mine on Limestone, only quarry. Looks like a leftover from unmodded game, as Limestone is renamed coal.

Also, I have some questions:

* Is it intentional that it's possible to plant forest on Snow?
    * What does Etemenanki do, except +1 culture, +1 faith, and +1 GE point? Seems a bit too little for a Great Wonder (I guess this mystery will be solved when the building tootlips are working)
    * Why am I getting Zealots occasionally without purchasing them for faith? And that's not only me, I've seen city states having them too.
    * Why can't I enact the Codify Laws decision, when I have researched Code of Laws, and have enough culture? (Edit: looking at the Lua code, it seems I need Philosophy instead of Code of Laws)

17. Unedjis

Unedjis Warlord

It gives +20% Culture in the city it is built in. Quite powerful when stacked with similar, later wonders. Especially since in early game, the capital (where you'll most likely build the wonder) is pretty much the only culture-producing city, so you get roughly +20% total culture for a while. This is the wonder I beeline for after Temple of Artemis and ... the one that gives +1 Happiness from Shrines.

Yes. Ninja edit explains it. This bug has been around for a few versions, and also been reported (but apparently Rob hasn't seen it or forgotten right away).

18. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

Could the zealots be city state gifts?

19. Rob (R8XFT)

I've had the occasional Zealot gift and don't know why it is; not sure if it is, as Craig suggested, a city-state gift?

I actually hadn't noticed the feedback for the code of laws decision but will get on that straight away; the mine with limestone issue I'd spotted last week and it's quashed for the next version.

20. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

I checked the Zealot issue, and they probably come from the Zealot\Midew.lua file, function MidewIntoleranceEarn. Looks like it was originally intended for only one civ (CIVILIZATION_CLANISHINAABE), but this has been commented out, so it works for all civs, including city states. The function computes a "level of intolerance", and generates free Zealots (UNIT_CLMIDEW) in the capital when it's high enough.