Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

There may be a way of making a unit unavailable to barbarians, but I don't know how to do that.

If the slinger is in their own unit class, you can use XML to deny the unit class to the barbs, otherwise, if it's just a single unit within a class, you'll need to use Lua (specifically the PlayerCanTrain() event handler)

Code:
	<Civilization_UnitClassOverrides>
		<Row>
			<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_BARBARIAN</CivilizationType>
			<UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_SLINGER</UnitClassType>
			<UnitType/>
		</Row>
	</Civilization_UnitClassOverrides>

or whatever the correct value would be for UNITCLASS_SLINGER

By way of a quick update, RL has had to take a front seat this weekend, so the mod won't be ready to upload. I'm feeling confident that I'll get a chance to finish off the updates I wanted to complete prior to uploading the next version by Sun 6th Dec. Following that, I will be unable to update again for a couple of weeks but will have a chance to get the civs not already in there updated over the Christmas and New Year holiday. I should have the time to update the website at that time also.

Sorry for the delay, but when RL calls, it's necessary to answer!

By way of a quick update, RL has had to take a front seat this weekend, so the mod won't be ready to upload. I'm feeling confident that I'll get a chance to finish off the updates I wanted to complete prior to uploading the next version by Sun 6th Dec. Following that, I will be unable to update again for a couple of weeks but will have a chance to get the civs not already in there updated over the Christmas and New Year holiday. I should have the time to update the website at that time also.

Sorry for the delay, but when RL calls, it's necessary to answer!

it's alright buddy, you can take your time! :crazyeye:
the current verion is amazing anyway

Just a couple of very minor points to do with typos..

The tech 'corporation' is in the stone age. I assume you meant 'co-operation' unless we're talking about a very early invention of advanced capitalistic structures by our cave dwelling ancestors!

Then the poison crafter is a 'posen crafter'

I'm kind of waiting for the dropbox thing to get fixed about a week now, I just registered to say this: can I please get a secondary link? or an e-mail with the mod, I really wanna try it out ^_^ and I can't find it anywhere but the main page, in which dropbox doesn't work

Any good samaritan that can send me the mod through e-mail or other means?

I don't have a current version uploaded but I do have v15. The advantage: You've got all the civs already in the mod. The disadvantage: It's not modular yet and the resource rebalance isn't in place yet. Plus, I made a couple of changes of my own, and in case of the resources I haven't updated all the civilopedia entries or tooltips. So to get the real values you'd have to check out the Excel file that comes with the 7z archive.

Here's the link; for more info see page 42 of this thread.

I am still using FA's tooltips - but they inform of the yields and not the building pre-requisites, hence I need to change the generic info about the armoury.

Sorry for being insistent, but I checked the FA's tooltips file (Building Tooltips\Override\InfoTooltipInclude.lua) and it does many things more than simply displaying the yields - the building prerequisites are there too:
Code:
		if not bGlobalRequired then
			for row in GameInfo.Building_ClassesNeededInCity(condition) do
				local classInfo = GameInfo.BuildingClasses[row.BuildingClassType]
				if classInfo then
					insert(expanded, Locale.ConvertTextKey("TXT_KEY_PRODUCTION_BUILDING_CLASS_REQUIRED", classInfo.Description) )
				end
			end
		end
I believe you're not using FA's tooltips properly, because there are multiple files with the same names imported into VFS, as I noticed earlier. So if you fix this by combining these files (which is not a trivial task, but you should get help from FA or other people, me included, if you don't know how to do it), you should get building tooltips that contain lots of information generated automatically, and you won't need to write the help text yourself in most cases.

The thing is though, I now have the tooltips in place for all the buildings and I'm happy with it. It's something I may have considered at the outset of creating the mod, but now we're at the stage where the buildings are now in there - so why make myself a lot of work to replace like for like?

Wow what an amazing mod. It has grown even better since I last checked in on it earlier in this year. I've said this before, but I do believe it's the definitive Ancient World mod for Civ V. Indeed for any Civ game - including TAM for Civ IV and that was brilliant!

So I have been playing through as Rome and I have noticed a couple of bugs - many seem to have been dealt with in previous posts, such as the galley situation. One thing I have noticed in my game, and I am not sure if you have spotted this and are dealing with it is that the Germans seem to have other city names near their actual cities. Other city names float on the world map nearby. They also seem to change place every time I load. I attach a screen shot so you see what I mean. And I have only noticed this with the Germans.

Anyway this is excellent Rob. The Civ Community appreciates all the hard work you put in!
:king:

Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 11.37.16.jpg

One thing I have noticed in my game, and I am not sure if you have spotted this and are dealing with it is that the Germans seem to have other city names near their actual cities. Other city names float on the world map nearby. They also seem to change place every time I load. I attach a screen shot so you see what I mean. And I have only noticed this with the Germans.

Is the German UA different from the unmodded game? My guess would be this is related to Barbarians (the names don't sound like city names but like tribe names, being in the plural and such). Your screenshot displays these names in the fog of war, so maybe they mark the position of a barbarian unit or something. I vaguely remember that at some point one of the Germanic civs had this Barbarians-join-your-army-when-war-is-declared thing. Could be related.

Is the German UA different from the unmodded game? My guess would be this is related to Barbarians (the names don't sound like city names but like tribe names, being in the plural and such). Your screenshot displays these names in the fog of war, so maybe they mark the position of a barbarian unit or something. I vaguely remember that at some point one of the Germanic civs had this Barbarians-join-your-army-when-war-is-declared thing. Could be related.

Ah yes. That would make sense. I checked out the Germans last night when I notice all these barbarians coming out of their territory and thats their special power thing. So it makes sense that the encampments have names. So not a bug. Cool.

The thing is though, I now have the tooltips in place for all the buildings and I'm happy with it. It's something I may have considered at the outset of creating the mod, but now we're at the stage where the buildings are now in there - so why make myself a lot of work to replace like for like?

Well, I thought you'd prefer if the tooltips automatically reflect the changes you make to buildings, or new buildings you add (as you're probably going to add new civs that have UBs). Also it would help to avoid mistakes in the descriptions, as they would be based directly on the database content.

I wrote that the task of combining the files is not trivial, but I didn't mean that it's very hard or time consuming - you just need to make sure that all the important elements of both files are included, and the resulting code is correct. Actually I can try doing it myself, but perhaps it's best to contact FA, who is the author of the code.

But of course the choice is yours - non-automatic descriptions can have some advantages too, although the only one I can think of ATM is that you can formulate the individual descriptions yourself instead of using patterns, which should result in a more "natural language", if you know what I mean.

Are you sure you're talking about the right mod? The tech "corporation" doesn't exist in Anno Domini, nor does the poison crafter.

Whoops. Meant to post that on the forum of another mod I play! Sorry! Was checking here to see news and forgot I hadn't moved on to the other forum. Blonde moment. And I'm not even blonde!

Top Bottom