1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Play the ancient world

1. Unedjis

Unedjis Warlord

Never noticed this myself but I suppose that's because Pigs are actually Uranium with a different name and icon.

I assume you took any units that were outside your territory when you researched the appropriate tech back to your own lands? This is the Vanilla prerequisite, that units in foreign territory only get the promotion once they enter a tile you own.

I think only buildings that have maintenance cost can be sold, which is a Vanilla feature. In the unmodded game, there are no buildings that have a resource requirement but no maintenance cost, so in theory there would be no reason to sell a building that doesn't have any drawbacks (like for example the Woodcutter now in AD, which has only benefits but no running costs, or any gold-producing buildings in the unmodded game).

Did the adventurer have a name? Once all names are taken (which is quite likely in the last era of the game), the only thing left to do with adventurers is start a golden age, and for great writers to get the instant culture boost (which is almost always the better alternative anyway once you have a certain base culture output). This is because one specific great work of art/adventure is tied to the great person.

2. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

After 10 days of trying to integrate the Community Patch, it's not proving to be fully compatible, so I've taken it out. It has had some positive effects - such as the idea to have cities "producing" food and culture, much in the same way they create gold and science later in the game (which has been kept in) - and also it's been a chance to iron out some long-term issues that have been more apparent when running with the patch. On the downside, for some strange reason the "Wonder race" is no longer working, so I need to figure out why!

I've a long weekend this weekend, so will be working towards a new release and naturally taking into account the feedback here. Other additions so far include Israel, giving Great Philosophers quotations and creating a space for them in academies and in a couple of wonders. This weekend will all be about ironing out the various issues and ensuring the Great Works are all in place; hopefully I'll have chance to add a couple of other civilizations as well.

There's been lots of icon updates and reassignments - you'll see that the units have changed quite a bit as that's been updated on the website (or most of the changes have!) The barbarians now get a unique elephant rider unit around the time Chariotry is discovered and these strike fear into the heart of your units!

Incidentally, sorry about the Moors, but it's been easily rectified for this release.

3. TheYorkshireman

TheYorkshireman Chieftain

Tested this and the Axemen get the embarkation promo fine for me. Not built Battleaxe yet.

4. Aurore

Aurore Chieftain

I know this is a really trivial point but if the amazons could have female soldiers in their units it would be kinda cute. Really low down the list of anything that matters though :) I'd willingly help with it but I don't know how!

I like what you've done with their abilities by the way. Much better than the old versions.

5. jattmackson

jattmackson Chieftain

I recall a mod for the Amazons which included female graphics for early game units. I'll link it here, its just an example of what it can look like to some players. Credit goes to the author Novu, I'm just passing it along.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=24127

6. Lord Smiley

Lord Smiley Chieftain

Hello,

I have just finished through a long game with v21 and here are a few 'bugs' I have noticed. Admittedly not very many but I thought I should mention them in case no one has:

a) Adventurers stop being able to be converted to quests after a certain point in the game. I think it is when you enter the Anno Domini era. I have checked if I have slots available and I do.
    b) Longswordsmen for Julius Caesar's Romans aren't as they were in previous versions. They look like chain mailed Axemen rather than the Romans in v18 and v19.
    c) The siege workshop doesn't produce units with 'indirect fire' promotion - am I right in thinking that indirect fire is the ability to fire over trees and hills like artillery in vanilla?
    d) when I researched navigation I could upgrade the Dromen to Galleass and then onto Frigates the next turn. Is that suppose to happen? I do think that the frigates don't belong in the game as they are pretty over powered and from another era. But is is working as it should?

I am referring to v21 so apologies if you have addressed them in v22.

I might start a v22 game this evening - but is there any word on v23 release (not a rush but if it's this weekend I might just wait till then).

Cool and the gang!

7. Rob (R8XFT)

I'm hoping to have V23 out in a couple of day's time - but it depends on if I can track down the bugs and quash them!

The Adventurers must have run out of quests by the way. I'll look into the other points you made this weekend.

8. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Hello, Rob. I found this in your website:
    Leader: Empress Lu Zhi

Wrong spelling, the spelling of 吕雉 is 'Lü Zhi', as their is no 'ü' in English, you should use 'Lv Zhi' rather than 'Lu Zhi'.
    ('ü' can be written as 'v' but not 'u')

9. Klisz

Klisz King

Civ5's default font includes the ü character, so I'd recommend just changing it to Lü Zhi.

10. Plumfairy

Plumfairy Prince

Actually, his spelling is probably correct. There are two systems (that I know of) for writing Chinese in the Roman Alphabet in English: Wade-Giles and Pinyin. Neither of them use "v" for a vowel. Based on what you posted, I'm guessing that in German (and maybe French) that character is written as 'Lü', but in English 'Lu' is the preferred spelling.

However, I'm curious why you say that 'ü' can be written as 'v'. The correct way to write transcribe 'ü' in English is 'ue', although we often just use 'u'. (Wikipedia tells me that 'u' is flat-out wrong, although it is common.)

11. Rob (R8XFT)

Welcome to version 23! The details are below. The next update should have some more civilizations and also more flavoured Great Writers, Adventurers and Philosophers; first though I think I need to update the website to better reflect the recent changes to the mod.

Changes/Updates
    • Art files moved out of the base game - so you need to click on the base game, art files and at least one civilization pack
    • Barbarians now have Elephant Riders as a unique variant of Three-Man Chariots (no resources required and possesses the "Feared Elephant" promotion)
    • Culture can be "built" with Philosophy
    • Food can be "built" with Animal Husbandry
    • Forum Magnum wonder added
    • Great Philosophers are now named and have quotations; they can be placed in Academies as well as Nalanda University and Epicurus' Garden.
    • Icons updated and some unit icons swapped around
    • Solomon's temple now removed from the general mod and becomes part of an Israeli decision
    • Troy gets a new map by Regalman

Civilizations
    • Catal Huyuk civilization has gone through a thorough re-vamp and is available for the AI to use as an opponent
    • New civilization - Batavi
    • New civilization - Israel

Corrections
    • City states no longer build settlers, but still create up to two more cities
    • Corinth's "Aphrodisia Festival" decision corrected
    • Corrected art for Roman units
    • Etemananki and Ggantua wonders tooltips corrected
    • Frigate removed from the mod
    • Hemidia no longer carries cargo
    • Hurrycostmodifier corrected for the Theatre of Dionysus
    • Indirect fire promotion is now working with Siege workshop
    • Pigs can only be improved with camps
    • Text for Health and Liberty trees corrected to reflect the wonder it unlocks (but I have forgotten to correct the Freedom issue reported earlier, which is only a cosmetic issue and will be dealt with next time)
    • Units can now gain up to 100 XP again from barbarians
    • Workers are able to remove roads

12. Lord Smiley

Lord Smiley Chieftain

Excellent.

I'll download and check it out later today. My games take ages to play so it might be a few weeks before I report back - unless of course I spot something obvious.

You have put so much work into this mod the community is fortunate to have some one who is so dedicated. is there anyway you can be compensated for all the time you have put in? A donations link on the website perhaps? although I am not sure if that would be permitted and may be against the modding philosophy but seeing as you have added even more life to such a long life game I'd have no problem with it.

Good work!

Peace (unless you're playing for a domination victory)

13. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

That alone is a nice one. I hate the look of the AI roads when i capture some cities :lol:

More seriously. I had a look inside Anno Domini's mod folder. I was looking for UI overrides as i'm trying to figure what part of the UI got changed and are likely incompatible with EUI as keeping part of EUI is better for me than disabling it totally.

What i found was a lot of duplicate files. If i understood correctly, you incorporated a lot of mods from different people. It looks like some of those had modified some UI files, sometimes the same file is in multiple places, and sometimes they have a different number of lines (i didn't run a diff utility on those, maybe they are the same only with some blank lines somewhere). I don't know if support files such as "include" Lua scripts can have the same name if they are in different locations, but i'm almost sure only one override of basic game files can exist in a mod (or only one will be active at the end anyway). CityView.lua exists in 2 places in the base mod folder alone (one is in Plagues and one inside Building Tooltips). I'm actually surprised this didn't cause you a lot of troubles, but wouldn't be surprised if you get some at some point.
    Here is the list of 28 duplicates i found in the base mod folder alone. I suggest you run some duplicate files finder (i used dupeGuru) at some point in the development and try to get rid of those duplicates. At best they are redundant files that might slow the loading of the mod, at worst they will conflict.
    Spoiler :
    Code:
    Group ID,Nom de fichier,Dossier,Taille (KB),Type,Match %
    0,CityInfoStack.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\EventsDecisions\Lua\UI,5,lua,100
    0,CityInfoStack.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Lua\Sukritact's MCIS,5,lua,100
    0,CityInfoStack.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Carthage\Lua\Sukritact's Modular City Info Stack,5,lua,100
    1,CityInfoStack.xml,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Carthage\Lua\Sukritact's Modular City Info Stack,1,xml,100
    1,CityInfoStack.xml,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\EventsDecisions\Lua\UI,1,xml,100
    1,CityInfoStack.xml,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Lua\Sukritact's MCIS,1,xml,100
    2,CityView.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Building Tooltips\Override,111,lua,100
    2,CityView.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Plague\Lua\Override,111,lua,100
    3,CivilopediaScreen.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Lua\UI\Civilopedia,307,lua,100
    3,CivilopediaScreen.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Building Tooltips\Override,296,lua,100
    4,GameText.xml,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Carthage\Core,19,xml,100
    4,GameText.xml,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Carthage\Core\Sukritact's Events Support,4,xml,100
    4,GameText.xml,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Carthage\Core\Sukritact's Decisions Support,4,xml,100
    5,InfoTooltipInclude.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Building Tooltips\Override,76,lua,100
    5,InfoTooltipInclude.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Plague\Lua\Override,55,lua,100
    6,JFD_EUITechButtonInclude.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Mercenaries\Lua\UI\Overrides,26,lua,100
    6,JFD_EUITechButtonInclude.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Mercenaries\Lua\Utilities\Overrides,26,lua,100
    7,JFD_TechButtonInclude.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Mercenaries\Lua\UI\Overrides,28,lua,100
    7,JFD_TechButtonInclude.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Mercenaries\Lua\Utilities\Overrides,28,lua,100
    8,JFD_TopPanelUpdated.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Mercenaries\Lua\Utilities\JFD's DTP,54,lua,100
    8,JFD_TopPanelUpdated.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\UniqueTraits\UA Global,53,lua,100
    9,MilitaryOverview.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Mercenaries\Lua\Utilities\Overrides,15,lua,100
    9,MilitaryOverview.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Mercenaries\Lua\UI\Overrides,15,lua,100
    10,MilitaryOverview.xml,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Mercenaries\Lua\Utilities\Overrides,13,xml,100
    10,MilitaryOverview.xml,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Mercenaries\Lua\UI\Overrides,13,xml,100
    11,NewSaveUtils.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Lua,2,lua,100
    11,NewSaveUtils.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Mercenaries\Lua\Utilities,1,lua,100
    12,PlotIterators.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\UniqueTraits\UA Global,9,lua,100
    12,PlotIterators.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Lua,9,lua,100
    12,PlotIterators.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Carthage\Lua,9,lua,100
    12,PlotIterators.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Mercenaries\Lua\Utilities,9,lua,100
    12,PlotIterators.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\EventsDecisions\Lua,9,lua,100
    13,SaveUtils.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Barbarians\Lua,26,lua,100
    13,SaveUtils.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Lua,26,lua,100
    14,Serializer.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Plague\Lua\Utilities,8,lua,100
    14,Serializer.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\UniqueTraits\UA Global,8,lua,100
    14,Serializer.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Lua,8,lua,100
    14,Serializer.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\GreatestCities\Lua\Utility,8,lua,100
    15,Sukritact_SaveUtils.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\EventsDecisions\Lua,6,lua,100
    15,Sukritact_SaveUtils.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Lua,6,lua,100
    16,TechButtonInclude.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Building Tooltips\Override,25,lua,100
    16,TechButtonInclude.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Mercenaries\Lua\UI\Overrides,1,lua,100
    16,TechButtonInclude.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Mercenaries\Lua\Utilities\Overrides,1,lua,100
    17,UnitList.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Mercenaries\Lua\UI\Overrides,12,lua,100
    17,UnitList.lua,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Mercenaries\Lua\Utilities\Overrides,12,lua,100
    18,UnitList.xml,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Mercenaries\Lua\UI\Overrides,8,xml,100
    18,UnitList.xml,E:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (v 1)\Mercenaries\Lua\Utilities\Overrides,8,xml,100

To finish with my EUI tests, it seems like only the city-view part of EUI conflicts with AD. I've commented out EUI CityView folder and so far everything seems fine. AD replaces the top panel so that's another part of EUI not working unfortunately

14. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

I'm not familiar with the Wade-Giles system, but Lu(ü) Zhi is actually in Pinyin system. The reason why 'ü' can be written as 'v', is because as the photo(from my Xinhua Dictionary, 2nd edition, published in 1989) below shows, 'u' and 'ü' are two totally different vowels in the Pinyin system, and 'üe' is also a independent vowel, if you use 'u' to represent 'ü', it will cause great confusion.
    If it is impossible to type 'ü' because the Fonts is not support this letter, we usually use 'v'(which has no other use in the Pinyin system) to represent 'ü'.

Spoiler :

Attached Files:

15. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

I'm not familiar with any of those systems, but unfortunately Lv is totally unpronounceable in western languages because it has no vowel at all "v" havn't been used as a vowel since the Roman Empire (except from some Renaissance era stuff when Antiquity was trendy) so while it wouldn't be out of place in an antiquity mod, few people would actually be able to guess how the hell they are supposed to pronounce that.
    The most sensible way to handle this is probably to write it so that it's pronounced as closely as possible to the original (since the exact same pronunciation is probably impossible). How would you write that name in phonetic alphabet?

Rob, am i right thinking all of your modified UI stuff comes from Health and Plagues? Apparently FramedArchitect used some clear tags to indicate his changes, so in theory it should be possible to integrate those into EUI files to have EUI versions of TopPanel or CityBannerManager. CityView itself might be harder but i think i know why it's impossible to select what to build when using EUI. I'll run some more tests but creating a compatibility patch might not be that hard. I'll keep you informed.

EDIT : OK. As i thought the EUI bug that prevents you from building anything is caused by EUI overwriting an UI popup (ProductionPopup.lua) with an empty Lua file since that file is no longer used by the modified CityView. It's easy thought to restore this function by adding a copy of the vanilla firaxis file as a VFS=true file in any mod. Since AnnoDomini already overwrites CityView.lua itself, adding this popup (and the corresponding xml file) reverts the entire city-view to the normal UI and restores the production queue.

OTOH Integrating the H&P icons into EUI top panel and city banner failed so far. It should be possible but it looks like the code can't simply be copied to the corresponding file :undecide:

16. Rob (R8XFT)

Thanks for mentioning the lua issues. Sadly, my lua ability is small so I would need some help sorting that out!

As for the other conversation about whether it's a u or a v; Lu Zhi is leaving Anno Domini as it happens (I'm using the same attributes with the Tang under Wu Zetian and am waiting for JFD's Han civilization to be created), so the page will be removed at some point soon. I'm sorry if the letter unintentionally offended anyone, but can we please not discuss it any further in this thread.

So...is anyone playing version 23 and if so, how are you finding it?

17. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

Something i've noticed before but this time i got it right in the face. Luxuries are totally out of whack because of the huge disparity in techs. While i can understand the idea of late game luxuries, unfortunately, the existing map scripts don't. If you start with gems, dye and whine as your nearby luxuries, good luck expanding further than 1 city :eek:
    Unless you plan to create your own map scripts (but given your comment about Lua i would guess it's "no"), i suggest you make them all available much earlier, or at least make them visible from the start (so the player knows they have to reroll if they start with only late game luxuries - but that won't help the AI that got a poor start)
    Also, having resources hidden makes settling cities, choosing your tech path and your pantheon a pure gamble. I'll probably just mod-mod this myself to have non strategic resources visible from the start just like Vanilla CiV. Again i can understand that from a realism pov you won't know this particular plant will be useful later, but from a playability pov, CiV is a strategy game and not a "guess where you have to click" game.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, i just got a very frustrating game after realizing i had no luxuries nearby when i finished researching all the early anno aeris luxury techs. All neighbors are 3-4 cities while i'm still trying to figure how to get some happiness to expand beyond my capital.

EDIT : When you've just been frustrated : pet your doggy a few minutes and you'll feel better :pat:
    As for the EUI compatibility, i can give you the minimal fix that will at least allow EUI users to play the mod and select production without first removing parts of EUI. It's really a very simple fix to restore 2 firaxis files. If i ever figure how to put the health stuff in EUI's top panel and city banner, i'll let you know.

First thing i would do is get in touch with the mod creators. In Mercenaries there are multiple instances of some Lua files so provided you got the mod as is and didn't change it, there might be a reason. I know JFD has provided some EUI compatibility files that needs to replace other files. Another possibility would be that he changed the directory structure and you still have old files somewhere.

I'll try and see if i can find pure duplicates at least.

EDIT2 (the revenge) : Also, maybe you simply clicked the wrong button but currently it's possible to load Anno Domini without the art pack as the art pack is referenced by the main mod, while i guess it should be required. Reference merely tells CiV to load AD after the art pack, but doesn't force you to select the art pack.

EDIT3 (doomsday) : This might be a side effect of my attempted EUI fix so if someone without EUI can confirm i would appreciate. Currently i have all units, buildings, wonders, great persons ... visible in the purchase list (including some showing a cost of -1) thought clicking them apparently does nothing.

18. Plumfairy

Plumfairy Prince

I keep going back & forth on whether this aspect is a flaw of this mod or an interesting feature. The late-blooming luxuries can definitely make founding additional cities difficult, but you can always compensate by instead focusing on military & conquest, which I find an interesting twist. However, I do wish that all the luxuries were visible from the get-go so that I could choose my strategy *before* I pick any social policies: if I'm going to be forced to go on the warpath, I'd like to be able to choose my policies accordingly.

I rather like how all the bonus resources are hidden until certain techs are researched, though. Yes, it does add a certain amount of RNG to the game, as your initial cities may turn out to be *much* better than you expected if several bonus resources appear nearby. But I'm cool with that.

One problem with the hidden resource system is that it renders several of the pantheons either useless or a gamble. I would remove all pantheons that rely on late-appearing resources, since they're useless to humans and can mess up the AI if the AI selects them. (e.g. +1 culture per plantation, +1 culture & faith per wine/incense, +1 food per bananas/wheat/citrus, maybe the +2 faith per gems/pearls)

The feature that I think is unequivocally problematic is the "lapis lazuli" event. It's way too powerful, especially in the early game. If you get the event, then you're blessed with +4 happiness, which is *huge* which is enough to build another city. And happiness for additional cities is often hard to come by in the early game. What's more, you also get an additional copy of the luxury, which can usually be converted to +7 gpt. Getting the lapis lazul event is like playing the game one difficulty level lower in most situations.

19. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

It's actually a 1 line SQL "mod" to have luxuries visible from the start (and 2 lines for bonus). I can definitely post this here, or alternatively i could try and make some sort of "config" .sql file if Rob wants to include it in a future version so everyone could choose what resources are visible at the start by editing this file.
    Totally agree. If resources are visible, the resources pantheons (such as tears of the gods) will work even if you can't improve them which makes sense ("those shiny stones must be tears from our gods" is different from "let's cut these into jewels")
    Agreed. I got this early in the game i started after my failed start and +4:c5happy:+7:c5gold: T25 or something is really strong. This event should come much later, probably at the same time you can actually use gems.

This was definitely an error on my end. I accidentally restored the old (pre G&K) ProductionPopup.xml. Since this one didn't include faith purchase, it messed up the purchase pop-up. :hammer2:

20. ady c

ady c Chieftain

Thanks for this amazing mod Rob, started playing v.22 over christmas and I've become addicted to civ again :D
    The v.23 however keeps crashing for me. I'm not sure of the cause, it happens when the game is processing the AI's turns the furthest I managed to get in was turn 297 on standard pace, difficulty 7 I've not seen anyone else mention this so perhaps it's a problem on my end and not the mod.
    Little things I have noticed as far as I've got, When you kill a barbarian general it doesn't give the bonuses stated, just the default 25g. When a plague spreads to a city it no longer displays the biohazard symbol. Neither of those are any problem really just thought I'd mention it.
    Anyway thanks again for the great game :goodjob: