1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Play the ancient world

1. Oragepoilu

Oragepoilu Chieftain

Hello,

I finally finish my first game using this mod. Difficulty 7, random map, random civilization.

It was really enjoyable. thx for this !

However, I found some (overall small) thing that I can't really call issue, but that I wanted to talk about.

I don't see why someone would choose the health tree. you cannot grow too much your city anyway, because of a) happiness early/mid and b) max size of workable title end game (3 in each direction). Bonus overall aren't impressive, compared to other tree, unless there is some specific setting that make you wnat to pick it (I got -5% during near the whole game without trouble)

I'm not sure how works the church, or the constabulary. For the former, I didn't saw any change of pressure around my cities, while for the later, I can't tell if something changed, as I got stolen more and more often until I build the Domesday book.

I need to restart the game because in some map, there is one main continent and one small island alone. I ended in this island, couldn't build more than 4 city (even so i was sharing some titles), and couldn't do anything because I can't cross ocean title until extremely late game.

There is also the need to edit the map as there is some resources that spawn while they can't be used, and end using slot for normal resources (I think you already read the issue from the few post before). I don't know the full list of them (like, I'm not sure about the lapis, as some AI trade me some lapis while I can't get it trough building, like the rice).

I'm repeating myself, but I had really a good amount of fun from this mod. Thx again for doing this.

2. Unedjis

Unedjis Warlord

I kinda feel the same way, which is why I heavily edited the Health tree in some previous version to give culture and other bonuses. Still ended up not taking it though, so those are some personal changes I'm not carrying over from version to version. Overall the Plague seems too random to make effective countermeasures (like REALLY stacking up on Health through buildings and policies) worthwhile. The only time I really noticed a difference between different health levels was when all of my cities got diseased except the one that had 20 positive Health (instead of -10 to +5 like the others). So I guess you *could* make your empire disease-proof if you really focused on it, but I never found the benefit great enough ever since FA changed the mod so that you don't automatically lose 1 citizen each turn in a diseased city. (Which I think is a good thing because before that, any city below size 5 or 6 was doomed when it got hit, making expansion particularly tough for the AI.)

Lapis Lazuli only comes into the game through a random event. Sometimes you get it 2 times in a row, sometimes not at all. Randomness is random. ;) But if you're using IGE to edit away the invisible resources, just replace LL with some other resource (Gems seem pretty close).

3. Oragepoilu

Oragepoilu Chieftain

Yeah, still a bit annoying as it allow me to see the map by doing so; If i knew how it works, it would have been better to mod them so they do not spawn during map gen (Stating the obvious here, but take this as a request for whoever know how to do this :p)

I didn't know for the event, I have yet to see it. However, there is like 20 lapis that the Ai is willing to trade atm. That's a lot of just an event.

About the event, if I reload my save, sometime an event pop out after the loading. While there wasn't any event when I saved.

4. Unedjis

Unedjis Warlord

I only do this for areas I've already explored and don't hit the "reveal map" button to do it all at once. This isn't fair to those AIs whose territories I explore last, but exploring an unknown/random map is my favorite part of the game, so I'm not gonna ruin that. ;) But yeah, what always remains is that you'll know where all the resources are even if you don't have the tech yet.

So basically I want to echo the request that, if it's at all possible, the invisible resources be removed from the map distribution algorithms (or whatever puts them there). :)

5. Khmaraches

Khmaraches Chieftain

Well it's a bit strange to see a modern (Frankish) name among celtic and latin ones. Maybe it would be better to use it latin name (Durocortorum)?

6. edboltz

edboltz Chieftain

Playing as Scipio with all of the tribal mods loaded, the game crashes at Turn 311

:(:(

7. Yazd

Yazd Chieftain

Hi Rob,
    I wanted to thank you for this great mod..I enjoyed it so far.
    Since the 13v patch every resource is revealed in the map from the start was this on purpose?
    When will you add the other civilization (Medes. Scythian...).
    Thank you!!

8. Unedjis

Unedjis Warlord

Yes, Rob implemented it per request.

9. Yazd

Yazd Chieftain

Will it be integrated in 14v?

10. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Yes - though it's v23 and v24, not v13/v14.

11. Yazd

Yazd Chieftain

Sorry I've mistaken that. Though could it be turned off because in my opinion there should be a surprise moment when new resources appear. Or at least that I could turn that off easily by myself.

12. cometheart

cometheart Chieftain

Hello,
    I like the mod very much. But recently I face a problem, it is not the problem of the mod, but I don't know what to do.

Recently When I play China I often feel the color is not historially correct, the color of China is green.
    I want to change the color of China as well as its emblem into the ones used by Machuria in the Samurai invasion DLC.

Then do you know which file should I change? Thanks!

13. Oragepoilu

Oragepoilu Chieftain

The point behind this was because of some bonus you earn (religion) you choose them only if you see some resources that match it near your city. The fact that you cannot see them force the player to NOT choose it as there is a high chance you will never use it.

14. Andy0132

Andy0132 Warlord

Art files are messed up for me, crashes every 5-20 turns. Using all expansions, using Infoaddict. I loaded the art right after I loaded the base game.

15. Rob (R8XFT)

You're using infoaddict. Don't forget that Anno Domini is recommended to be played without any other mods loaded.

16. Andy0132

Andy0132 Warlord

Ah - any way AD can be made compatible with IA?

17. Oragepoilu

Oragepoilu Chieftain

Mh, sadly, in my save I get a crash every time it's the turn of Suebi. They have only 2 city along some unit, but I don't really know what I should look for to stop it happening.

Even if I remove all his unit, it crash. Both his city aren't finishing to produce something at his turn too.

Any idea how I could solve this ?

18. gilliebillie

gilliebillie Chieftain

last time i played the mod i crashed 1 or 2 turns after i discovered the law one with the courthouse which i forgot the name of the tech. when i reloaded the autosave 5 turns back, it crashed again after i discovered the tech. i'm using the agressive and expansive ai mod and the never be a warmongerer mod.

19. Yazd

Yazd Chieftain

Would you please consider this an option to enable/disable. Or at least show me then how I could disable it. That would be great.

20. Rob (R8XFT)

Sorry, but I haven't the time to make it compatible with other mods.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure how to. Do you have the database logs as that might help?

As advised previously, other mods will likely cause issues and Anno Domini should be run without non-Anno Domini mods.

I wouldn't know how to make it an option - just one way or the other. Check out the resources.xml and look what I've done with iron working - then use that tech reveal command with the luxury resources, in each case using the techcitytrade technology as the tech reveal technology as well.