1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Play the ancient world

1. Aurore

Aurore Chieftain

hey again!

Is there any way to use any of the many user made maps available in the community with AD? Willing to do limited editing if needed as long as its nothing too difficult.

Aur

2. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

My understanding is that generic maps would work and that's it. If they have specific start positions for specific civilizations, I wouldn't expect it to work and if they've placed resources, then you'll potentially have a problem.

3. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

You'd have to delete all and place new start positions and wipe resources and place them in world builder.

4. Unedjis

Unedjis Warlord

I *think* that one map I made for v18 should still work because the resources haven't changed since then. What did change, however, is that v18 still had a couple of civs in the base mod, so not sure how it'll turn out. You can try, though. Maybe use IGE together with it to check right away if the resources are there.

It's not perfect though. Firstly, it's basically just a "random" (but hand-crafted) map with hand-placed resources. More importantly, you'll always end up in the same starting location, a flood plain start, because that's the one I placed first, and even though it's "generic" and not civ-specific, the game will always give the human player this starting location. More on it plus download link is in my old post.

5. WhatIsAMan

WhatIsAMan Chieftain

I'm having a problem with this mod. I have no other mods enabled. Using the latest version with BNW.

For some reason my unit panel in the bottom left corner disappears entirely. Everything else works fine, but because the unit panel is gone I can't see important data related to the units. I don't have this bug in vanilla, and all the fixes I've ready suggest deleting my cache or verifying my cache files. I've done all that, as well as reinstalled the entire game, and I still can't get the unit panel to appear.

Anyone else have this problem? I feel like it's gotta be something basic I'm missing.

6. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

Do you use EUI and have you got the civs-pack active that includes the two Romes?

If the answers are 'yes' and 'yes', then it is almost certainly a conflict between the EUI UnitPanel and the custom UnitPanel for Scipio's Rome. See here for method to cure this problem.

7. WhatIsAMan

WhatIsAMan Chieftain

The answer is 'no' and 'no.' I just downloaded the files on the Anno Domini website and have no additional mods active. Is there an internal conflict within the mod?

In addition to this, my starting city is unable to build anything, and I can't pass the first turn because the "change production" queue won't go away.

In addition to this, the tooltips for every unique building are missing, and just specify the file patch for the building itself.

I have tried installing and uninstalling multiple times.

8. Rob (R8XFT)

Have you tried quitting the game and restarting (without leaving Civ V altogether)? I could be COMPLETELY wrong here, but I think that sometimes Civ V keeps some values from your previous game and it can cause issues. It could be by doing what I've suggested it will work - certainly worth a try.

I'm taking it that you have both expansion packs and the various DLC; you've said you have no other mods loaded. I also take it that you've got active Anno Domini base files, Anno Domini art files and at least one civilization pack?

9. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Try deleting JUST the Civ5SavedGameDatabase.db and Civ5UserHistoryDatabase.db files from the cache sub-directory. They hold values from the setup of your last game, and can cause issues with total conversion / massive change mods. They also are not deleted if you uninstall/reinstall!

10. smartclick20

smartclick20 Chieftain

same problem :(

11. Rob (R8XFT)

Then try the same solution given above.

12. WhatIsAMan

WhatIsAMan Chieftain

Yes to all, Rob. And I've tried leaving games and starting them again, same problem. I've also deleted both cache files. The only thing that works for me is to disable EUI altogether.

13. Rob (R8XFT)

EUI is a mod - all non-Anno Domini should be disabled to guarantee that it will work.

14. WhatIsAMan

WhatIsAMan Chieftain

I thought EUI was integrated into the main game?

15. Rob (R8XFT)

It's still a mod. It wasn't done by Firaxis.

16. WhatIsAMan

WhatIsAMan Chieftain

Well, I have it working now. EUI is the problem. I find it strange that Firaxis would integrate the mod into the main game but not have an option to disable it in the main settings. I had to dig through the directory and delete the folder.

Question though: am I missing anything by having it disabled? Been away from Civ for a long ass time.

17. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

Firaxis did no such thing.

Bc1 found a way to make his mod Enahnced User Interface act as if it were a DLC or Expansion Pack and thereby get around the usual restrictions applied to mods. The same basic method is used to allow multiplayer games to make use of mods. This is simply an exploit the modding community discovered, and has nothing at all to do with Firaxis.

18. smartclick20

smartclick20 Chieftain

Can you explain what to do to play?

19. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

Disable EUI. Take the bc1 folder out of the dlc folder.

20. androgin

androgin Chieftain

Hello!
    After installation i have a bit of a problem. Everything is working well with the exception i see no resources on map, even after i discover fishing, horses and cows. Can u pls give me an advice?