1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Play the ancient world

1. alexanderyou

alexanderyou Chieftain

Tis I, a scipio fan waiting eagerly!
    You guys are awesome, I can't wait to see what crazy mods may or may not be made once civ VI comes out ;)

2. alexanderyou

alexanderyou Chieftain

It seems that barbarian galleys are able to go into the ocean at the beginning of the game, which is annoying to say the least.

edit:
    also auto explore doesn't seem to work at all in water, the unit will just stay in the same place until you cancel auto explore. This happens for boats and embarked units, though I'm not sure if it's something you can fix.

edit2:
    the phonecian special boat that gives extra movement to embarked units doesn't work properly, the extra movement is lost after the first move, so the units only move 1 more than normal.

3. gilliebillie

gilliebillie Chieftain

it seems my game starts to crash constantly each time i'm around the anno extonis era

4. Das Boat

Das Boat Chieftain

Okay, I seemed to have figured out the problem. I reinstalled CiV and the mod now works! I can click diplomacy, bring up decisions, etc. I am curious though: is the download through Dropbox up to date? I noticed that it says V3 while Steam says V4.

5. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

The difference between the V3 and V4 Anno Domini is simply that I've amended the Explorer's strength to what it should be - as it was (for some strange reason) 140 strength instead of 16. It was mentioned a little earlier in the thread and you can either manually adjust it or overwrite the units file with the one in the attachment in the first post.

6. Das Boat

Das Boat Chieftain

Perfect, thank you so much for your help.

I have one last question: is the AI scripted to beeline in the tech tree? I've been playing Trajan's Rome, and I seem to be getting consistently outclassed in tech. By turn 40 or so, civs sometimes have 3 cities and are entering the Anno Aeris era.

7. alexanderyou

alexanderyou Chieftain

What difficulty are you playing on? Anything above prince and the AI start getting ridiculous starting bonuses.

8. Das Boat

Das Boat Chieftain

I typically play on Prince in vanilla. By no means am I a top tier Civ player, but I never have this much trouble.

9. stokesy12

stokesy12 Chieftain

G'day, when I play with this mod enabled the unit activation HUD is missing causing me to be unable to settle cities and things like these. I'm running on a Mac and I don't have EUI installed. Any help is appreciated.

10. alexanderyou

alexanderyou Chieftain

Lees said this earlier:
    " Mac and Linux by definition cannot use CPB or the CP DLL-Mod that is required to run CBP. So if you are attempting to run the CiD version of Anno Domini this simply won't work if you have OS or Linux and are not running Civ5 on an 'emulator' for Windows (even them I'm unsure this will work)."

So I guess Macs can't run this version of the mod without an emulator of some kind, but I have no idea how to set that up as I avoid Macs like the plague :p

11. Rob (R8XFT)

Here's a preview of the art for Cartimandua of Brigantia for Civ 6. Would you like her to be in the Civ 5 version (replacing the current artwork)?

Spoiler :

12. gilliebillie

gilliebillie Chieftain

this one looks more realistic, but they both are really good. i think you should decide for yourself if you want to replace it. :goodjob:

i think you should replace any artwork that is drawn instead of 3d made. i think the 3d ones look more realistic imo.

report: game becomes unplayable when i almost discover the tech which has courthouses (i forgot the research name). it starts to crash to desktop after a few turns and eventually won't even start up anymore.:confused:

13. Zuimmers

Zuimmers Chieftain

Hey, first of I have to say, this is a very beautiful mod, it's my favorite, since the mods I've played in civ IV. Great work, love it. Now, I'm playing as francia, as Charlamagne and I seam to not be able to profit from my unique "paladin" Great General replacement, I have 444/200 points and he won't spawn. I have read similar problems and it seams to be related to the unit not having "promotion" or something like that in it's XML or LUA text, well I tried to find that specific one that contained this unit text but didn't manage. I would much appreciate some help with this, either pointing me to where the mentioned file would be, or how to resolve this issue elsehow (also I've tried deleting all the cache files and relaunching the game, hit next turn and general still won't spawn).

PS: I have a GG from the social policy, and also I activated the options (in advanced settings) to allow GG for barbarians

PPS: I think I found a bug, it's not really messy till you get the hang of it. When you attack barbarians, other civ units from two tiles away directly, the unit you attack falls back and no battle accours, on one ocassion even if he had like 3 other allied units sorounding him, he just reaappered same health and all at their back. Also when I attacked a city, it fell in one that one attack even though it had almost full HP. I managed to bypass this bug, by firstly placing my units near the attack target (this only applied to my mele units), the slingers attacked no problem.

Ok thank you, be posting if I find something else out. Once again, great mod, love it :)

14. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

Rob. The Great General points problem appears to be an issue with CP. Other people have had it.

See this thread where a user had a similar problem and especially this post and the attachment. I'm assuming people should be able to use that additional mod without ill effects to/from Anno Domini since the linked mod I wrote is lua-only. Also see Posts #5 and #6 of this thread for the root of the problem, but as yet I am not sure where within the files of CP that CP creates this issue.

Assuming there is not some wierd conflict with having my GGeneral Points fixer mod enabled alongside the Anno Domini mod(s), a user should be able to add the mod to their MODS folder after unzipping it from the attachment, enable it once it is available as a mod in the mods menu, and reload a saved game that was using Anno Domini.

You could also roll the lua-file of the 'fixer'-mod into the main Anno mod until Gazebo manages to find the code-bug that is creating this problem. My suspicion based on William's diagnosis is that the bug is not in the actual CP dll-file but is somewhere else in the files of the CP dll mod.

15. MarkJG

MarkJG Chieftain

I have the same issue. It crashes during the AI's turn randomly but seems to become more likely the further you play.

I also had a weird thing where my capital somehow became a colony. I have no idea how, but I paid the money to assimilate it but it remained a colony. I paid to assimilate a few times but it made no difference. Not sure if this is a bug or I've done something wrong.

16. alexanderyou

alexanderyou Chieftain

I had the same thing, my capitol was a colony and it even let me purchase the colony specific buildings. Nothing happened when I tried to assimilate it, so I thought it was just a weird part of how that mod works.

17. Lord Smiley

Lord Smiley Chieftain

Hi Rob,

I have been away for a bit but nothing says it's time to play CiV than hot sunny weather (?). Anyway I have been playing game with V25 and I have noticed a few peculiarities with the religion side of things beyond the missing text which was reported a few posts back

One of the beliefs I have picked for my religion is Reliquary: 50 faith points awarded every time a Great Person is expended.

But when I do expend any of them I get a missing art file warning message pop up saying I have missing DLL files. The game does not crash but there is certainly a missing art file as a red square appears on the right hand side of the screen in place of one of the icons of the messages. I get the 50 points so it works - just some art is missing.

Another belief I have picked is Devotion to Ares - which claims I can buy Barracks and Armouries with Faith. No such option is available either in the city screens or in the save up faith points drop down menu. So that one doesn't seem to be working (unless I am missing something)

In an earlier game I picked the belief which allows purchase of water mill with faith and that didn't work either (but that was with V24 of the game).

With the Cities in Motion implemented you need to balance health etc a lot more which is fine for us players adding more depth to the city but I am wondering does this effect the AI - not that I am calling the AI stupid I just don't want my opponents getting bogged down with that when they should be fighting wars. (I like my AI aggressive so I can be all righteous during Wars). I'm playing on Immortal and the AI seems to always be racing ahead tech wise and spanning lots of cities so I am presuming it doesn't bother them that much.

Finally - and a slight aside point - can anyone get World Builder working? I am considering making a TSL map for this mod but I can never get the thing to load. Hasn't loaded for months now it just hangs. Is it broken or am I missing something.

Anyway enjoying the game immensely. It really feels that this will all be finished in next version or two. Great stuff.

:)

EDIT:
    It doesn't say dll files missing at all - Just to be sure this is the exact wording of the warning messages when a great person is expended.

Texture Load Error
    Unable to load texture:
    [assets\UI\Art\Notification\instantyieldnotification80.dds]

and then afterwards:
    [assets\UI\Art\Notification\instantyieldnotificationglow80.dds]

I hope that helps identify what is missing a bit easier.

18. Lehnardtsson

Lehnardtsson Chieftain

Hi,

Builder is working 1 time out of 10 :
    it crashes during loading time, I have to re launch again and again....

19. Rob (R8XFT)

Are you absolutely sure you're not playing it with any other mods loaded - it works for me, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you. Perhaps if you could upload your logs it could indicate what the issue is.

Thanks. Not sure what the issue is as I took the Francia files directly from JFD's version, though I don't think that has been mentioned in his thread.

I think that the mod may be too big for Worldbuilder.

Thanks as well for the details on Scipio and the issues with religion which I'll look into.

I do seem to have a recurring problem with the civilopedia. I seem to get this:

Spoiler :

So it doesn't display everything right on-screen for cities in development and the civiliopedia is one of the main issues with that overlay on all pages. Sometimes, it shows correctly, which is bizarre. I've had the same Anno Domini set-up with the issue and without the issue, so it's a bit of a puzzle for me. My lua logs don't seem to indicate what it is, however, in case it helps, I've attached my logs.

Attached Files:

20. alexanderyou

alexanderyou Chieftain

I dont think the Thebes civilization is working properly, the description for the UU says that it possesses the march promotion like all Thebian melee units, yet no units I made including the UU had march.