Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Is there a way to combine this mod with the mods:

"Renaissance Era Revised"
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=603182475

"Enlightenment Era"
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=544452801

"Tech tree end in Enlightenment"
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=565518444

I haven't seen this asked yet. Ive tried making it work on my own but I cannot seem to get it to work. Being able to transition from your mod with its detailed tech tree and unique civs into later eras without ever going into a modern era would be amazing if made possible. Thanks

I would love to see something like that too, but I would think you want to focus on making everything work smoothly before adding more things to the mix :p

I would love to see something like that too, but I would think you want to focus on making everything work smoothly before adding more things to the mix :p

To be honest the latest update has actually been very smooth for me and I haven't seen any issues or bugs compared to the previous version. So that is a good sign at least.

@daruskiy: Thank-you for your kind words but just to let you know, Anno Domini was always intended to end in the Dark Ages (and in fact I've already gone beyond that point!) I have no plans to combine the enlightenment era or renaissance as the mod is meant to be about ancient times.

I do see why adding a later era might be a nice addition, but we're 11 weeks away from the launch of Civ 6 - and that's where this modder will go at that point, so all my efforts will be going into creating a Civ 6 version of the mod. I did ask what people thought about adding on later eras at some point in the development of the Civ 5 version and the overwhelming response was to keep it as it was.

Had I increased the timeframe of the mod to incorporate the renaissance or late middle ages, there'd have been people saying, "It'd be great if this mod went into early industrial times..." ;).

You aren't wrong XD
And I too cannot wait for Civ VI to come out, its going to be great.

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities

Spoiler :

Introducing Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition. Whilst it's going to be about another fortnight (though might only be a week, depends on how things go ;)), I'm getting ready to unleash one of those bold updates!

First off, Rise of Cities has the Claims, Epithets and Piety elements of JFD's "Rise to Power" in addition to Mercenaries, which it had before. When I recovered the files last week, I merged the Cities in Development files into the base download.

We have some new traits to make the most of the Rise to Power/Cities in Development; below are three of them!

Enrico Dandolo
Spoiler :

Tomyris
Spoiler :

Trajan
Spoiler :

I have also re-jigged the tech tree, added five new techs, stretched it out and made a new era at the end so that we can broaden the last era and fill out some little parts instead of it being too much of a rush. The new era is called "Anno Superator", i.e. "In the year of the Conqueror". If you feel that there's a more apt name, please let me know. There's a few new units, a new building, a couple of new wonders - and I've amended a few buildings/wonders to utilise the Rise to Power/Cities in Development elements.

One last thing, I've not standardised the cost of the techs yet, which is why it looks like some techs are cheaper/more expensive than they should be!

Tech tree
Spoiler :

Please let me know what you think. I think the added era is nice; we were essentially cramming the Dark Ages and early Medieval times all into one era, so it's nice to be able to get some room. Oh, and by the way, I've name the Future era (which is not in the game except for the "Future Tech" or "Renaissance Techs") Anno Renasci.

Rob,

Unzip the attachment and copy/paste the included file over the top of the any existing versions of the same file in ModBuddy and in your built mods in the game's MODS folder. Just copy/paste the entire file. This will permanently shut off the ability of Proconsuls to found cities, regardless of what changes the user makes to the "configuration" xml-file.

Just to make things more seamless, though, change
Code:
<ProconsulsFoundCities>1</ProconsulsFoundCities>
to​
Code:
<ProconsulsFoundCities>0</ProconsulsFoundCities>
in the ScipioModConfigurations.xml file for Anno Domini's Scipio. This will make the DOM text reflect the fact you cannot use Proconsuls to found new cities.

In case any users see this and wonder "Whyfor!?" it is because Rob discovered that CP causes CrashToDesktop when this is attempted.

Spoiler :
I'm assuming you already fixed my LeaderScene oops within the Anno version of Scipio

Attachments

• AnnoDominiScipioFix.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 33
Try the two files in the attachment. Unzip the attachment and then copy/paste the two files over the top of existing files of same name in the MODS folder version of the mod and in the Modbuddy project. One file restores the ability to found cities, and the other makes a tiny little change to the code (per William's suggestion), and which fixes the issue for VMC.

Now we just need to test for Anno with your version of CP.

Attachments

• ScipioFiles.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 50
Anno Domini has now been updated to version 26! You will need to delete all previous versions and unsubscribe from the mod on Steam, as it's incompatible with the version there. Sadly, I am now way beyond the limit I'm allowed to upload to Steam.

The full details of the changes can be seen in the second post of the thread. It includes a new era, Anno Superator, and a lot of new civilizations. With the new era comes new techs, buildings, national wonders, wonders and units. There's also new elements, chiefly the Claims, Epithets and Piety elements of "Rise to Power".

I have renamed the mod to "Anno Domini: Rise of Cities" to reflect the additions made from JFD's excellent "Cities in Development" and "Rise to Power" mods.

There has been a big clean-up operation going on in the background to ensure those database and lua logs are clear. I would like to thank everyone who has helped me with that, especially LeeS, who has been nothing short of sensational!

In terms of future updates, it's a case of "That's almost all folks!" I will return to add any civilizations added in the coming months and at that time will clean up the text, which may have an occasional error in it, which is corrected by the tooltips! Also I'd like to update the general Civ 5 text so that it reflects that it's "Empire points" and not "tourism".

Enjoy the update and let me know your thoughts ;).

:woohoo: :woohoo:

You won't try to incorporate Sovereignty in the near future :D ?
Nope :).

Is Anno Superator a Dark Ages or later Era?
It's inbetween Anno Obscuri (dark ages) and Anno Renasci (renaissance). As Medieval is (I think) Latin for "Middle" as in "Middle Ages", I went with the Age of Conquerors (Anno Superator).

By the way, Craig, plenty in there for you to use ;). I think you will like the Dark Ages pack in particular.

Top Bottom