1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Play the ancient world

1. TheOmega13

TheOmega13 Chieftain

Nice reke :)

I also setup a torrent yesterday, but I slept in an there you go.
    Will seed as long as I can from 2 clients.

2. Sir_smurf

Sir_smurf Chieftain

So, now I have played this mod for a day, or, I have played the newest version for a day after playing the steam version for a day.

I mostly like the mod, it's nice with a much needed fresh touch to civ, I actually reinstalled the game just for this mod after not having played in quite a while.

I understand that this is a work in progress and with the amount of new content I don't expect everything to work, or any form of balance for that matter, but here are some thoughts about the mod that I need to get off my chest:

1) In the steam version of the mod unit promotion icons stacked, that is, if a unit have accuracy I and accuracy II you only see the symbol for accuracy II, in the newest version this is reverted back to vanilla, why? This was one of the things that really bothered me with civ5, and then a mod finally solves it, and then reverts back, why?

2) Same with the tooltips, steam version had crime and disease tooltips for the buildings, newest version and they are gone and one needs to open every building in civilopedia to check, why?

3) Am I understanding crime correctly? so every point of crime is a total reduction of one point of resource, making crime an extra upkeep cost of buildings. There are now 3 types of upkeep cost:money,crime and disease. This makes a lot of buildings a net-negative to build.

It is also really counter-intuitive that one should keep cities underdeveloped to reduce crime.

4) Lack of information, sure, it's a work in progress, but information is really important, to not add tooltips and civilopedia information when making new features probably just ads a lot of extra work in the long run, and it makes the gameplay feel a bit random. More than once have I had to tab out and manually search through the mod files to get the information that I need.

5) I still haven't been able to find a EUI version that works well with this mod, sure I haven't tried that hard, but making a mod of this size and not making sure that you can use a decent interface with it just seems awkward.

3. Lorensoth

Lorensoth Chieftain

Ok i need to ask so badly...Where can i find the complete OST of the Mod??

4. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Since AD presumably now includes CulDiv, you'll likely find it here.

5. Lorensoth

Lorensoth Chieftain

It downloads a .civmod file ....I just want the mp3 version of the OST

6. Chrisy15

Open the .civ5mod using 7Zip or similar; the sound files are inside.

7. Sneaks

Sneaks Brooklyn Bum

The dropbox account is down. Is there an alternate place to download?

8. Chrisy15

9. Greysnow

Greysnow Chieftain

I have the same problem here. Can someone tell me how to solve it?:D

10. Balantai

Balantai Chieftain

Hello. First I want to tell you how much I'm loving your mod. Well done. Unfortunately, I've been getting pop-up error 'Unable to load texture [UnitPortraits45_DLC_WonderPack.dds]'. I get this error between 10 to 20 times per turn, with increased frequency during the computer's turns. Any help to resolve this issue would be apprectiated.

11. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

It's because you have EUI and it's incompatible with Anno Domini. You need to delete the folder to be able to play.

It would seem you don't have the Wonders of the Ancient World DLC. Get that and those issues will disappear.

I've contacted Dropbox about the ban as it does seem to be a lengthy one! Sorry about that; I sure miss Atomic Gamer!

12. Greysnow

Greysnow Chieftain

And where can I find this folder? I checked everywhere and AD is the only mod Ive ever download :s

EDIT: Fixed thanks

13. sahren

sahren Chieftain

Really enjoying this mod! Many thanks!

One thing though, for some reason the melee ship unlocked with Optics, forget the name but it's the one that has the icon of Carriers, will instantly capture any city I attack with it (at least on my playthrough). Not sure if this is a known bug.

I was playing as Dido's Calthage.

14. MGBGT

MGBGT Chieftain

Hello,

I have been trying this mod since Marbozir showcased it. I am not able to load modded saves. It simply crashes to desktop every time. I can start new games with the mod, but not continue after saving and exiting.

I have and have done the following- Windows 10 Home, 8Gb RAM, Nvidia 970 card, all current updates/drivers.

*reinstalled Civ V fresh on steam after deleting the mygames Civ V folder.
    *set the launch option to run as admin.
    *got the full version of the mod, not via steam workshop. Followed install instructions.
    *running no other mods.
    *cut down to about half the amount of civs I try and load in as part of the mod.
    *attempt to load a modded save game by going mods->next->singleplayer->load game->instant crash to desktop. I try it this way as previous mods caused crashes unless this exact method was followed. Trying to load from the main civ start page simply crashes as well.
    *removed the steam overlay, disabled cloud saves.

*did a google search and the closest answer was via page 65ish on this thread, but I don't see a resolution.

Does anyone have any further ideas. I would like to be able to load modded saves of this game.

Thank you.

15. Chrisy15

That's not good - when the game loads a mod, it changes its database to include the modded content. A loaded save must have the exact same database as when it was created; this not being true will cause the game to try and load in the mod when loading the save, which 9 times out of 10 causes a CTD. Make sure you're loading the exact same mods as you did when the save was created; a list of these can be found in the Load Game menu.

Also yeah, you've got to load the save through the Mods menu, otherwise the database won't be altered for it.

Also for everyone over the past week or so for whom this may concern: welcome to the fourms!

16. MGBGT

MGBGT Chieftain

Thank you for your prompt reply. My statement was confusing, but I started a whole new game successfully with less Civs to try and test for a successful reload with less mods (less civs at the start). I cut down the civs by about half.

I saved the game and exited, and attempted to reload the game without touching the loaded mods, i.e., exactly the same conditions as the successfully created game. It still crashes immediately to desktop. I hope that is clearer.

17. zooropa

zooropa Chieftain

Hi,
    This mod looks awesome!

But im unable to download it as the link has been disabled due to excessive traffic. I know Steam has a cut down version but is this mod available anywhere else in its complete state.

Thanks!

18. rekemaneten

rekemaneten Chieftain

19. zooropa

zooropa Chieftain

20. zooropa

zooropa Chieftain

Sorry if im being thick but having downloaded the torrent how do I unpack it? Do I need a torrent file handler or something?

Sorry, ignore me - ive now sorted - many thanks again!