1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Play the ancient world

1. BurnEmDown

BurnEmDown Emperor

I have all the DLC's, except for 2 map packs. I'll play again today and update if it happens.

I think it's at the end of the tech tree, but I'm not 100% sure.

2. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

You won't find it; it's not on the tech tree. If you've found it in the pedia, then have you read the 'pedia description of the tech? It reads:

In the Anno Domini world, the hidden luxuries tech can never be discovered. A number of luxury items would appear on the map if it were discovered - hence this is a mechanism in the mod to ensure these luxuries can only be created by constructing certain buildings or wonders. These luxuries can then be traded with other civilizations, if desired.

Having the tech is a modding work-around.

3. wjp3

wjp3 Chieftain

Any other location to download this mod? Current location is hitting bandwidth limits with Dropbox...

4. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

5char

5. bobisfun321

bobisfun321 Chieftain

i am new to this forum so i couldnt figure out how to pm but i need the dropbox link

6. Oragepoilu

Oragepoilu Chieftain

Using v26 from the torrent,

In the liberty tree (second policy tree) there is a talent that say "give +1 health from shrine and temple". however, my shrine don't give me my health bonus. (dunno for temple yet, can't build them')

7. zooropa

zooropa Chieftain

There is no description in my pedia.

Other than a science cost and what what resources it reveals there is no other information.

But thank you for explaining.

8. The Fool King

The Fool King Chieftain

v26:

- Throne room doesn't seem to work: city connection loyalty still displays at 5%, not 20%.

- Judiciary court doesn't seem to work: I didn't get three new magistrates, nor did I get an additional one upon entering a new era.

I don't know if this is already in the game, but I strongly suggest that, adjusted by game difficulty, you give the AI a bonus to health & crime. It does not currently seem to be good at handling these complex systems.

9. Patzner

Patzner Chieftain

Which mods are compatible with this? I'm looking forward to have more than 22 Civs in a game. Maybe someone could help me out :)

10. Chrisy15

Very few afaik - certainly not a +22 Civ DLL, since AD includes the CP DLL which then makes it incompatible with other DLLs.

11. Tycho Novaborn

Tycho Novaborn Chieftain

Having a very strange issue with v26 here. Setting up a game with all optional packs enabled there are only 2 civs on the selection screen: Zenobia's Palmyra and the Trung Sisters' Vietnam. I have all the DLC installed. Any clues on how to get the rest of the civs available?

12. The Fool King

The Fool King Chieftain

V26:

- Floating Gardens apparently don't work: While you can build them, upon completion they vanish and just reappear in the build list. This happens whether the city is on a river or has a lake nearby. Verified with Ingame Editor: Place it in the city cheat menu, then click another building and the Floating Gardens disappear again.

13. hippiehs

hippiehs Chieftain

can't download the mod as i get this error
    Error (429)
    This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

14. ray111

ray111 Chieftain

I found a curious issue.
    I am spawning a Great General PER TURN (without even ANY combat going on) after building Walls of Troy. Few turns after, I have about 5 citadels and every hex around the capital's got it's very own general... I'll have to start using IGE to delete them each turn, which is a pain..

- I play Troy
    - I'm in war with Dacia since like few turns after start since they had about 5 cities already and were REALLY pissed that I had the audacity to settle my second city. It's been going on for like 100 turns already because the ass only spams Hemiolias (he has like 20 of themm and they for some reason can't be upgraded to Galley..)
    - I took all warfare social policies (so including being 50% more likely to spawn a general)

- Walls of Troy supposedly add 3 Great General points (although I don't see them among great people progress in city screen), plus 25% from garden and 50% from policy, but it STILL shouldn't grant a great general every goddamn turn..

(sidenote: the timeline is a bit messed up, isn't it? Anno Extensionis should be before 500 B.C. It's a bit weird to get Walls of Troy 600 years after Troy supposedly fell, around the same age when Roman Legions already run around the place lol)

Also: Mausoleum of Halicarnacuss (or whatever's the name) can't find textures for the popup when it grants you gold for expending great people, so each time you do so, you get a few error windows popping up informing you about it. Thankfully it doesn't at least crash the game...

Attached Files:

• Lua.rar
      File size:
      197.5 KB
      Views:
  15. Chrisy15

5char

again

16. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

idk what my upload download limit is, but I've been getting about 10 pms a day since Marbozir made his videos.
    I just started playing this in sept 4 when the last version was made. Great mod Rob. I thank you for all the work and headaches you go through to make this extensive a mod.

17. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

In terms of the dropbox cancellation, I've been in touch with them and they have refused to tell me how long the ban is for. I've therefore cancelled the pro account. I will have to look for other hosting at some point; unfortunately I'm really way too busy in RL to sort that at the moment.

Thanks for sorting out the alternative download facility.

18. ray111

ray111 Chieftain

I think these days people tend to use MEGAsync (as half the other upload sites have been taken down or whatnot), but I don't know how 'professional' that sounds.. I stopped caring - I don't think I caught any viruses ever since I installed Avast.

19. yansuki

yansuki Chieftain

i downloaded the mod from this torrent because the dropbox is down. every thing seems fine but i can't see city states. they don't even show up in game turn. can someone help me?

20. The Fool King

The Fool King Chieftain

v26:

- "worker encampment" building still links to an outdated pedia entry in the ideology section.

- no dignitaries and magistrates seem to be generated after the starting ones.