Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Play the ancient world

1. zooropa

zooropa Chieftain

Great mod, thanks.

Just a heads up, on the "codify laws" in the events and decisions, it states that player must have researched writing to enact. I was able to do so without having researched writing.

2. The Fool King

The Fool King Chieftain

v26:

- Playing as Constantine: Horseman can't be built, nor upgraded from 3-man-chariot, despite having the tech and the resource ... and even a stable.

- Satrap's Court (despite being a world wonder) can be built more than once.

3. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Satrap's Court isn't a world wonder. You can have three of them in your empire.

4. MPallisgaardDK

MPallisgaardDK Chieftain

I am dying to try this mod, but the link above and on the official website is broken. Any alternatives?

Br Mikkel

5. Oragepoilu

Oragepoilu Chieftain

6. The Fool King

The Fool King Chieftain

Okay, would be good to add that to the pedia entry then.

Any idea yet about the horseman problem and the Floating Gardens?

7. yansuki

yansuki Chieftain

i'm having issue with the torrent version of the mod. i can't see luxury any even though i research them, no horse, bronze and other strategic resources. there are no city states too. all resources available are stones,deer,sheep and wheat. others are missing.

am i the only one experiencing this problem? i played other mods too like community ballance and i'm not experiencing the these problem.

8. Rob (R8XFT)

It was already in the pedia entry. Please check the image in the spoiler.
    Spoiler :

No, sorry.

9. The Fool King

The Fool King Chieftain

Playing Constantine, I can confirm that. Must be a bug in the Wonder itself.

10. The Fool King

The Fool King Chieftain

Yep, apologies, that was entirely my mistake.

11. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Floating Gardens is going to be a problem with a GameInfoTypes[] selection - the reverse of the normal "oh no muh Lua give me a Floating Gardens". I personally think this is my favourite bug ever, purely for the mirror :p

12. Oragepoilu

Oragepoilu Chieftain

@yansuki
    I'm using the torrent version and it's fine (beside some game locked into fate end with a CTD, tied to some AI/civ doing something buggy; I can rarely finish a game with this mod :/)

You problem, if it's what I think, is that you might not use the right version/DLC. Check if you are using V1.0.3.279 (steam) and all the DLC (beside maps).

If you both have the right version, you will want to consider clearing most data in your document and do a complete re install (unless you clearly know what change you did with other mods).
    If you do not have a good net connection, think about making a copy of the game somewhere else as backup before you mod thing.

13. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

Also delete the compete cache folder. can never be to sure what remnants of other mods are in there.

14. peawhy00

peawhy00 Chieftain

Hey, is anyone having interface issues like this? My diplomacy button doesn't work, and I don't have any access to any of the advisors or information panels
    I just did a clean install to play this mod, and I don't have any other mods running nor do I have EUI
    If I run a base game with no mods everything with the interface is fine
    I've run a million mods in the past including community patch and have not had this issue before
    Anyone else getting this? Or advice?

15. peawhy00

peawhy00 Chieftain

sorry for the poor quality pic haha

16. Rob (R8XFT)

@peawhy00, it's because you have EUI installed. The way it's installed is like a DLC, so it affects other mods in this manner. The only way round it is to delete the EUI folder.

17. peawhy00

peawhy00 Chieftain

so bizarre since i did a fresh install, and have never used EUI in the past
    when i do a system search there is only one enhanced user interface file, not a folder
    when i delete the single file, and start the game i have the same issue, and the file reappears in the same location i deleted it from

its not a game breaker since i can take the long road for diplomacy and this mod is really great

18. GreySwand

GreySwand Chieftain

Hello. I have a quastion here. Will this mod work on the pirate version of the game?

Moderator Action: This site has a strict anti-piracy policy, so you will receive no assistance from this site with any pirated version of the game.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

19. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

@GreySwand

CFC does not endorse piracy.

@peawhy00

Lua log might explain things, but more likely than not the NotificationPanel file will just fail and not show up in the log at all :/

General PSA: Please place images in Spoiler tags, and don't quote the OP.

20. Aerolight

Aerolight Chieftain

I'm using a Mac version of CIV5(on steam with all DLC and expansions), however, I can't get the mod to work. I downloaded the mod via the torrent because the original link is broken. If I activate all civs at once, the game will crash halfway in the loading screen. If I instead activate only some random ones, I can enter the game, but settling down instantly crashes the game(and in some cases the settle button is not there). I can move my settler around for one or two turns before it finally crashes.

I am able to see the tech tree and the new policies. All other mods have been removed for a clean setup, but the problem persists.

Anyone can help to solve the issue, or is it simply the case that Anno Domini won't work on Mac(like other mods)?