Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Very much looked forward to trying this mod, but disappointed to experience several CTDs in just the first 40 turns; all during opponents turn. The first couple were avoidable with a reload & replay, but the latest remain.. and regardless: playing with the fear of not being able to complete is not as fun, especially with limited gaming time.

No other mods, no EUI, cleared cache, etc. Might try once more on a smaller map (instead of mediterranean), with fewer leader packs enabled and Events disabled, but it's unfortunate that what seems to be the final version also seems to be unstable for some of us.

Thanks anyway

Might try once more on a smaller map (instead of mediterranean), with fewer leader packs enabled and Events disabled

^ seems to work; at turn 92 presently with no CTDs. Can't know which variable did the trick but at least these are some options to try for anyone else who find the mod unstable.

I believe a bunch of players like me (and you) could be happy to see Rob coming back (at Civ5 home:)) to finalise a pure and clean AD like it was before. Even with less feature.
By its concept, AD is a such lovely modpack. What a waste !

Yeah I wish all those bigger projects ( AD, Vox Populi ,JFDLC ) was finished before modders jumping to civ 6.

Whats yor civ packs?

Standard or small size (can't recall right now) pangea map with these packs enabled:

Anno Domini Ancient Mediterranean (v 4)
Anno Domini Fertile Crescent (v 3)
Anno Domini Justified and Ancient civs (v 4)
Anno Domini Legendary civilizations (v 3)

Randomly drew the Sami to play against Amazons, Assyria, Medes, Minoa, Persia and Phoenica.

Turn 198 now, not a single CTD.

Good luck!

Hello everyone, been a while. :wave:

If anyone who knows the inner workings of this mod is still around, I'd really appreciate some input on a couple of issues. *waves at JFD and Gazebo*

I've just completed a full game with v25 (Marathon, about 1000 turns, finished in Anno Domini era), and for the most part things worked. However, I've noted a few bugs that I'd like to fix for a stable and more or less bug-free v25. Some of those I know how to fix, but there are some that are hard for me to track down as I don't know the mod structure very well because I was away from Civ5 and AD during the phase in which Rob incorporated the Communitas Patch and other stuff. Unfortunately the changelog for v27 isn't explicit about what Rob fixed, and from what I gather, v27 isn't quite working. Therefore I'd prefer to re-fix v25 rather than try to get a crashing v27 to work.

Here's the bugs I've noted that I don't know how to fix myself because I don't know where to look and which values to change (I can modify XML and SQL files, no lua or dll). I'll also add a workaround, if I have one.

1) For some reason I had -44 Iron once I discovered it. No buildings or unit required Iron at that point. Also, city state allies would sometimes give me Iron for no reason (no resource visible on the map near their city), then take it away for a few turns before giving it again. Something seems to be botched there. (The other resources were fine, as far as I could tell, albeit way too abundant, but that's a balance thing.) Workaround: Use IGE to place an Iron resource with 44 units somewhere in your territory.

2) When I ordered my workers to create a fort, they would spawn a CITY instead when they were finished building it.

3) Auto-retreat of AI units. This is the most annoying bug of all because it makes conquest so much easier than it normally is and seriously screws the AI. Unfortunately, I only found the regularity (and therefore the workaround) when I had already conquered all but one civ. What happens is that if you melee-attack an AI unit from any other tile than the neighboring one, the AI unit will ALWAYS "retreat" from your attack, and sometimes teleport across half a continent if it can't find a suitable adjacent tile (suitable seems to mean neutral or friendly territory). This is especially annoying with ships or embarked units, which would sometimes teleport to the other side of a landmass. What is worse, melee-attacking cities from more than one tile away will instantly yield you that city, even at full health with tons of enemy units around. The workaround is to manually move to the adjacent tile and then order the attack (which is why it doesn't happen the other way round - the AI seems to handle movement and attack-move in separate actions).

There is one file, CoreChanges.sql in the Communitas Patch subfolder, that contains a number of records titled "higher than all offensive moves so that the damaged units retreat from the front first to make space". I don't believe this is the one I'm looking for, as it seems to refer to damaged units, and even undamaged units will retreat.

Does anyone have any idea on where to look?

Should I manage to fix v25, and should Rob give permission, I could upload it somewhere.

Hi, is there a world map, or relevant map -perhaps mediterranean / middle east only- with TSL to better enjoy this wonderful mod ?

Hi Fantastic mod! Thank you! Is there any chance to have the same type of mod from middle age up to now?

Hello all - does anyone have a copy of a crash-free Anno Domini version? 27 randomly gets buggy for me no matter what I do. I wish Rob could of continued work on this one instead of jumping to 6 so quickly.

I used to have a copy of V 15, which was right before Rob (temporarily) deleted many of the civs (there was around 100) and started putting them in packs.

I did actually complete the project; v27 has always run without any problems whatsoever for me. I don't know if you're having problems because it uses a modified version of the Vox Populi mod and you have another version that's overriding it?
Again, sorry you're having issues.

@EricPia: I personally wouldn't do a Middle Ages to Modern mod.

I was working on this mod for about five or six years (the entire lifetime of Civ V until Civ VI came about). Please forgive me for wanting to move to Civ VI, but I wanted a fresh start and a new version of Civilization that I could do more with. I got left behind with Civ IV a few years back because I spent so long on the Civ III version of the mod and didn't want that to happen this time round.

I am not using VP - I assume whatever is needed from that mod is already in AD?

Thanks for the reply. I'll try again.

Found a bug - my Slinger's cannot upgrade due to the symbol/action being greyed out and giving me a different tooltip, like the actions are bugged. 20180203202008_1.jpg

Please help! Thanks

Running Quick Turns and Steve's Simple Clock mods along with all of the AD packs.

Top Bottom