1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Anno Domini 1.01

Play the Ancient World

1. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Anno Domini for Civ 6 has been updated and is now available to download. Welcome to the forums; please feel free to post!

To play the mod, you need to have the Macedonia/Persia DLC. Sorry, but it had so much in there I needed for the mod, I had to make it a requirement, but it's the only DLC you need to have.

At the moment, there is a full tech tree (though I'm sure I'll add to it in the coming months), but the civics tree is the base game one, so I'm going to need to update that...I'm looking for the civics tree not to have any buildings/units available from it, but to be used for government policies and diplomatic actions.

For now, the civilizations come with a trait and the leaders have traits and agendas. However, there's no unique buildings or units as I've had to use all of them the actual mod. These will be added as soon as more material is created.

Finally, I'd like to say thanks to Jan Boruta, who has allowed me to recreate some of his Civ 5 leaderheads in a Civ 6 style and to Deliverator for MOAR units.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. Rob (R8XFT)

This is a list of the downloads:

Base game (downloadable from this thread).

From the "Civilization packs sub-forums":
    - Enemies of Rome: adds Carthage, Gauls, Germans and Illyria.
    - Battle of the Nile: adds the Punt (Hyksos and Garamantes are coming soon!)
    - Queens of Ancient Britain: adds Brigantia, the Coritani and the Iceni.

You need to have the Macedon/Persia DLC to be able to play Anno Domini. Please ensure all other mods are turned off, as they may affect the mod adversely.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  3. Rob (R8XFT)

I've had a query via pm about how to set up Anno Domini - so I thought I'd share this here.

First of all, check in "Additional Content" that the only user-designed mods selected are Anno Domini ones (the Firaxis DLC should also be selected of course).
    Secondly, go to the "Advanced Set-Up" page and in the top right hand menu, select the "Anno Domini" ruleset from the drop-down menu. This will bring forward the Anno Domini rules and civilizations.
    Thirdly, set up the parameters of the game as usual and launch it. Have fun!

4. sriou

sriou Chieftain

Thanks for your amazing job !
    May be I have a problem with Great People -> the Great Ingenieur Isidore of Miletus. I can't activate the boost for speed up wonders because they are no place to go to activate this (the wonders built inside the capital and GI require to go on a place outside to activate)
    Edit: I try a another game to verify that.

5. Rob (R8XFT)

Ah, didn't realise that! There are still some base game wonders, presumably he can only be used for these? Thanks for your comments!

6. Quadrewple

Quadrewple Chieftain

Snipers / Riflemen are buildable in anno incepti when playing with moar units. Not sure if this is an issue with AD or MU though.

7. Rob (R8XFT)

@Quadrewple - Anno Domini is a total conversion, therefore you need to disable MOAR units and any other non-Anno Domini mods. The technology for Snipers/Riflemen isn't actually in the mod, with it being an Ancient world game, therefore any units without their prerequisites would be built from the start. I've disabled the base game units, but, of course, if you use a mod that adds new units, they're going to become available straight away.

8. turboraton

turboraton Chieftain

Yeah this happened to me as well. I can verify it. I loved your mod in Civ5 and now I'm loving it in Civ6. I'm getting some crashes tho on the early games, one with Pericles without the extra civs and the other with the Chinese leader with the added maps. The first one was on 6players map and the other one on 9. I played both on 33% increased speed, perhaps that had something to do with it?

9. Rob (R8XFT)

I'll have a look into Isidore then - perhaps one to delete or give another bonus to. Are there any commonalities with the crashes you're experiencing?

10. Branny

Branny Chieftain

Hey!
    I have been able to play out a few games to mid-game and all of them crashed around the same time, in various situations close to the urban area research.
    I am still to pinpoint the real cause of the crash, so far I am focusing on epic speed small map with Ani. I am deliberately avoiding all science great people in hope it would be a tech boost bug, but it wasn't. Regarding Isidore, I have used im in each game and no issues with him or his effect.

I will play more during the next few weeks in hope to figure out what causes the crash to occur.
    I haven't saved any mac crash reports tho, would they be of any help in discovering the bug?

Once again, thank you for the amazing job you are doing m8!

11. Rob (R8XFT)

Thanks Branny! To be honest, I'm not sure if the crash reports will help me too much personally - but there hopefully will be someone who can decipher them!

12. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) updated Anno Domini with a new update entry:

Anno Domini 1.01

• New civilizations added - see the various packs for details - these are Armenia, the Ptolomaic Kingdom, the Etruscans, Hyksos and Garamantes
    • Two new packs added - "East of Rome" and "Ancient Med"
    • Cleopatra has moved to the Ptolomaic Kingdom; Ramesses takes over as ruler of Egypt
    • Civilizations are moving gradually out of the main mod and into the civilization packs - this mirrors the approach taken in Civ 5's version of the mod and makes it more customisable
    • City-states have been renamed to ancient cities, with an update to the civilopedia to match
    • Isidore of Miletus has been removed - for now

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    Branny likes this.
  13. civerfey

civerfey Chieftain

Fantastic mod! I love all the additions.

Unfortunately, I too am getting crashes on every game once it gets to about the middle of the tech trees. Sad as it makes the game unplayable. I'm not able to isolate the cause without a too like Civ4's World Builder.

Thank you for your hard work! I Hope the crashes can be isolated and eliminated.

14. Rob (R8XFT)

Thanks for the interest civerfey! It would be great to know if there are any specific commonalities, as that would help me isolate the issue. I appreciate you said that you were unable to isolate the cause, but if anything comes to mind, please let me know.

15. Branny

Branny Chieftain

Did some exploring over the weekend: King difficulty, small map, continents, playing with Rome.
    Here are my findings:
    1st game -
    random crash, no obvious building/unit/great person spawned. around the turn 500/1500
    Issues: Longship could not attack any hostile ships.
    2nd game -
    Issues:
    Karnak wonder does not award the great person policy slot, instead the game does not allow me to end my turn, asking me to assign a policy there is no slot for.
    Improvised Game Log:
    Era: Anno Imperii
    550/1500 Crash, no buildings/units/wonders were completing construction the following turn.

Wonder construction: Knossos Palace, Pyramids, Silk road
    Policies
    Done: Exploration, Recorded history, Civil service, Guilds, Divine right, Reformed church, Diplomatic Service
    Current: Humanism(1/3 done)
    Available:
    Science
    Done: Iron working, Dynasty, Writing,Agriculture, Engineering, Construction, Shipbuilding, Administration, Machinery,
    Current: Military tactics(halfway done)
    Available: Metal Casting, Drama and poetry

autosaves from the 2nd game: http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/AzZV1cjj/file.html
    (448/449 saves work, the 550 save loads into a crash)

Hope this helps :)

16. 2bop

2bop Chieftain

Hi, I can confirm that Karnak wonder does what Brenny posted above... As well, I can tell from my experience that any exploration of the village in the later stage of game cuases the game to crash... and since the update to 1.01 version there are only 6 rulers available to play with... such a wonderful mod this is but unfortunately unplayable as it crashes all the time during the middle stage of the game...

17. Rob (R8XFT)

Thanks guys - that's really useful information! @2bop - there might be only six rulers available in the base game, but there are a few packs with additional leaders in - you just need to download them from here - they're in the "civilization packs" sub-forum.

18. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

None of the government types in the base game use SLOT_GREAT_PERSON as a policy-card slot-type.

The text string SLOT_GREAT_PERSON does not appear anywhere in any modifiers that I was able to find via a search through all the base game's xml files. Nor does it show anywhere within file Governments.xml

SLOT_GREAT_PERSON doesn't appear to be supported within the text of file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\Screens\CivicsTree.lua as a slot-type to show independantly in the Policy Card "page"as here:
    Code:
    if slotType == "SLOT_MILITARY" then slotMilitary = slotMilitary + 1;
    elseif slotType == "SLOT_ECONOMIC" then slotEconomic = slotEconomic + 1;
    elseif slotType == "SLOT_DIPLOMATIC" then slotDiplomatic = slotDiplomatic + 1;
    elseif slotType == "SLOT_WILDCARD" or slotType=="SLOT_GREAT_PERSON" then slotWildcard = slotWildcard + 1;
    end
    SLOT_GREAT_PERSON policies seems always to be tossed into SLOT_WILDCARD.

Also like as here where it would appear from attempting to follow the spaghetti-trail of logic in the UI files, that SLOT_GREAT_PERSON is not even considered as anything that the number of available slots have to be calculated for:
    Code:
    m_kGovernments[row.Name] = {
    	BonusAccumlatedText	= row.AccumulatedBonusDesc,
    	BonusInherentText	= row.InherentBonusDesc,
    	BonusType			= row.BonusType,
    	Hash				= government.Hash,
    	Index				= row.Index,
    	Name				= row.Name,
    	NumSlotMilitary		= slotMilitary,
    	NumSlotEconomic		= slotEconomic,
    	NumSlotDiplomatic	= slotDiplomatic,
    	NumSlotWildcard		= slotWildcard
    }

19. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Edit -- The "lock-up" issue also seems to be tied into policy obsolescence when new civics or eras are reached and can be triggered from goody huts if the Free Tech Goody after Turn X is still enabled as part of the game.

I think you'd be better off just swapping Karnak to give a free WildCard Policy Slot or an Economic Policy Slot if you want to retain it giving a free type of policy card slot.

20. Rob (R8XFT)

Cheers Lee, I'll give that a go.

Branny likes this.