Announcement Trailer for Civ5

Omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

I know I might be the only person in the world who cares about this, but does anybody know all the voice actors in this trailer? I'm positive the first one is Keith David. Any other familiar voices.

The only thing I can tell is that they are trying to be serious and realistic. Other than that, this was an absolutely useless trailer.

You have to remember that it is 6 months from release. The animations are probably not finalized yet and when marketing a product, companies don't release all info, animations or whatever on the day of announcing their product.

CIV 5 another fall destroyed... No sleep and an angry wife :) And still i want it!

You have to remember that it is 6 months from release. The animations are probably not finalized yet and when marketing a product, companies don't release all info, animations or whatever on the day of announcing their product.

Still doesn't change the fact that it's useless to me.

Wow. That was an awesome trailer, and I really like the voice work so far. It's no Leonard Nimoy, but it really fits the quotes.

I would love for the Vikings to be in this one, but I have a feeling it was purely cinematic.

An aside: Why has there been such a huge increase in complaining since this game was announced? Just a few months ago, there were a few "Civ 5 will never come out - OMG!" threads. I guess there's just no pleasing everyone.

Of course. Before, they were complaining about Firaxis not producing another Civ. Now, using promo-clips from 6 or more months before the game comes out to claim the franchieze is "RUINED FOREVER!!!".

I didn't like that video at all. It shows nothing of the game and it makes me no more thirsty. It's just a collection of half-impressive animations combined with mediocre music and some cliché quotes spoken with broad American accents. What an utter waste of my time.

They should take a look at how Oblivion's trailer was done. With real images from the game, and Patrick Stewart narrating. That one was done several years ago and still remains impressive. Oh well. At least I have no doubt that Civilization 5 the game will be good!

Dude, there's a reason they call it a teaser trailer. It's only meant to make you curious as to whats next, not show off the finalized product (they still have 6 months to go).

Now if only they'd make a sequel to Civ Anonymous....

(Besides the Warlords security briefings, which were also clever.)

I know I might be the only person in the world who cares about this, but does anybody know all the voice actors in this trailer? I'm positive the first one is Keith David. Any other familiar voices.

I would be cool if these clips were the tech voices. They sound good. Actually now that I think about it, these must be in game technology quotes. It wouldn't make much sense to hire a bunch of random voice actors/celebrities to say one line for a teaser huh?

Don't worry, you are not the only one. The first is obviously Keith David. I suspect the next one might be Martin Sheen. The next is familiar, but a mystery to me. After that comes Richard McGonagle followed by what seems like another voice from the Avatar series, but I can't pinpoint it. No clue who the female one at the end is.

I would be cool if these clips were the tech voices. They sound good. Actually now that I think about it, these must be in game technology quotes. It wouldn't make much sense to hire a bunch of random voice actors/celebrities to say one line for a teaser huh?

Agreed with Tech voices... can't wait to hear more of them... anyone here wanna guess which quote fits with which tech?

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"
- Eleanor Roosevelt
-Future Tech Anyone?
That's the only obvious one for me.

Yep. First thing I thought of when the video started: "It's Captain Anderson!"

Between this trailer's "manifest destiny" feel and the hexagon tiles, a Catan mod can only be inevitable. :D

Top Bottom