1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Announcement: Welcome to the Civ Fanatics Competition (CFC)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Bangau, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Falabello

Falabello Prince

Hi! I just saw the last table of ranking in Standard Deity Science and, in my opinion, it's getting weird and confusing :crazyeye: (as you see the Turn 218 Victories), with this no tiebreaker system.

Spoiler :

• 1st place: Civ Chemist - 177 - Japan/Hojo Tokimune
    • 2nd place: Victoria - 191 - Maori/Kupe
    • 3rd place: Bangau - 192 - Korea/Seondeok
    • 4th place: Lotrmith - 200 Bolivar/GranColombia
    • 5th place: The Highwayman - 201 - Dido/Phoenicia
    • 6th place: The Highwayman - 210 - Trajan/Rome
    • 6th place: enKage - 210 - Cree/Poundmaker
    • 8th place: The Highwayman - 218 - Greece/Pericles
    • 9th place: Casualty of war - 218 - Matthias Corvinus/Hungary
    • 10th place: Bangau - 218 - Inca/Pachacuti
    • 11th place: enKage - 222 - Cree/Poundmaker
    • 12th place: Casualty of war - 235 - Lautaro/Mapuche

So, two ideas here:

1# - in case of a turn tie, establish a second parameter to untie, as science per turn as example... and equivalent for other victories: faith per turn, culture per turn... or even score for all (with the obvious exception)

2# - decide and establish the max number of entries: if it's Top 10, or whether new ones will be accepted. In this case there are already 12...

2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

No real problem with this either... you need some secondary tirbreaker and it does not matter what it is. I am just surprised I am still coming second because my game was in no way optimal and GOTM SV's are getting lower scores for things like Poland... I was just submitting to try and get traffic to the thread.

3. DanQuayle

DanQuayle Prince

How about listing the patch version or making an entirely different table for each patch?

4. Bangau

Bangau Prince

In response of #2: I originally intended for only a top 10. It took a while to get there, and the last people entering a score just continued numbering. I think we should just let the scores 'fall of' after they go beyond the top ten.

For #1: I did not think of a tie earlier on when making these up. We could decide on a tiebreaker. On the other hand, there still not more than a dozen entries in the most popular one, so I'm still fine with multiple people scoring 3rd place. \

Hmm. Listing the patch would be a good idea. Different table for patches would make more sense if there were more players imho. :)

I think you underestimate how well you play. :) The GOTM maps do get hand picked, often to be fun to play for many of us, which in my experience makes them a bit more powerful than my regular maps. Most importantly there are a few 'S tier' players playing the GOTM, whom I haven't seen in here yet.

p.s.: I saw a guy named CivTrader on Reddit with a <100 turn dom deity victory. That's insane... Any of you guys ever done that?

5. Victoria

CivTrader used to be on this forum, not sure why he changed. He certainly learnt his skills here and had great input a few years ago. Sad to see him gone, certainly a really nice guy. His son was on a while ago and also seemed nice. On a Pangea yes, Dom early enough with the right map and enough strength and you can steamroller. A lot harder now on deity since xbows can into fashion and walled civ’s like georgia... and I am assuming standard speed standard size.

yung.carl.jung likes this.
  6. i_imperator

i_imperator Imperator

Its a different civtrader on Reddit, not the same person who made those fast science victory videos.

Victoria likes this.
  7. Victoria

OK, tx. The problem with assumption is my mouth/fingers

8. Balthasar Elias Lub

Balthasar Elias Lub Chieftain

Having played civ for decades (starting with civ I) but only have joined the club last week this is my first contribution to the discussions.

I am curious about the highest point score possible in CIV VI. The hall of fame tops of at 2500 but you can get beyond that.
    I still have to finish a composed game (Duel Kupe against Congo on a huge map 1500 turns all victory conditions turned down except domination and score,
    maximal number of city states (24) and abundant resources).
    It is now at 1050+ turns a boring excercise; everything is invented, all collectible great people have been hired, and the only task remaining is collecting
    future civics and techs. And killing off the barbarians wherever they appear, and adding another city to the 60+ built so far. More than 400 turns to go and the current score is over 4500.

Evidently this is not a game I would dare to submit in a competition.

9. Bangau

Bangau Prince

Not really the right thread for this question, but whatever. ;) I've reached over 10.000 score myself once. It was a peaceful domination game with Eleanor. Unfortunately, my laptop couldn't handle the game anymore after it and I never got to finish it. Based on that experience, I'd say on a huge lakes map a score of over 15.000 is reachable IF you have a very strong gaming PC.

10. Monthar

Monthar Deity

Why not just use score for the tiebreaker?

11. Bangau

Bangau Prince

I think that would be the most sensible answer!

12. Casualty of war

Casualty of war Prince

I like the camaraderie but I could give a flip about placement in the rankings. I'm just here to improve my game, not go pro.

Unless there's a cash prize. Is there a cash prize? Or a medallion I could pawn, a trophy I could melt down?

13. 3nasty

3nasty Chieftain

Hi, I'm new here and looking for some interesting single player challenges. I've played last GOTM save and it was quite fun experience to compare my strategy to others. For sure, I will play next GOTM, but I'm still looking for other setup for challenges. Right now we have only how fast someone will get given victory, but as Balthazar suggested it would be interesting to play the game from different perspective like highest score. Problem is that playing 1000+ turn is quite time-consuming. What about setting a limit to 250,200,100 turns? and get as many points as you can for specific game setup. It could be with save for everyone like for GOTM.

14. Bangau

Bangau Prince

Hi @3nasty , your idea might be fun for some. Feel free to start a new CFC thread and define your own rules. As you can see there are a few in here that people enjoy participating in, and a few that little to none care about. Try to think of a format that others will like to play, and see how it goes. :)

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  15. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

If you want PM me your idea first and I'll have staff review it for suitability.